Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

Guest Copthorneowl
3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

No, they have given up part of that benefit. They still payed a significant amount to the club the rest of the conditions are clearly set so that people don't take it up or punish people who do. 

It didn't need to be done, it shouldn't have been done, he should have very politely put out a statement for Christmas saying sorry we have been absolute dog turd this season, I'm going to do my best to put it right with the help of the new manager and the backing of you fans.

Instead we have this.

Can you not understand that as a season ticket holder who just had his money refunded for games not yet played that at that very stage they will all have more priority points than a guy who wants to go to away games most if not all the time but due to the allocation of points since he's only a member he won't ever get any tickets...he's back of the queue.  He might also go to most if not all home games pay the fuller price but not buy a season ticket due to where he lives as he can't travel every week.

We have thousands of London owls blokes and ladies living all over the country wanting to go to away games and as many home as they can get to.  You want ex STH's to have priority over those people for tickets just think about it ...its rubbish.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

But in the eyes of some that makes us trouble causers for criticising the things that are bad at the club.  

I'm in no way on about criticising the club is bad or those who choose to do so, you seem to have misinterpreted previous posts of mine... criticism is always good, it helps drive things forward in the main.. if at times criticism is hard to take by most people below the surface. 

There is thought criticism and there IS a % of the fanbase, who cannot and will not just leave it at criticism and take it way beyond and with increasing regularity = demonising or vilifying a singular person, akin to an increasing witch hunt for somebody who is trying to achieve what he wants to for the business that he bought (rightly or wrongly for some) and as a bi-product for the 'customers' also... to end with the result that I have already mentioned above in my mind.

2 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

There is thought criticism and there IS a % of the fanbase, who cannot and will not just leave it at criticism and take it way beyond and with increasing regularity = demonising or vilifying a singular person, akin to an increasing witch hunt for somebody who is trying to achieve what he wants to for the business that he bought (rightly or wrongly for some) and as a bi-product for the 'customers' also... to end with the result that I have already mentioned above in my mind.

Sensationalist nonsense

Are you saying that if someone in the public eye makes 100 mistakes that only one or two can be pointed out otherwise it's demonising them?

Nobody is trying to witch hunt anyone and nobody is trying to drive anyone out of the club.

But fans are critical of mistakes made that could have been avoided quite easily.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Cpt_Hatstand said:

TBF Why not ban them from future season tickets, I mean we've got capacity crowds and a massive waiting list of potential season ticket holders right?..

RIGHT?!

I'm just glad we can afford to antagonise the fans.

If we were up against FFP regulations then I'd be worried about alienating Sheffielders who might consider buying season tickets or supporting the club.

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

See my response above, i wrote it before you posted this,

why couldn't he have just put out a rallying cry before Christmas and gathered the troops? he didn't have to bury his head in the sand it would have been much more productive to rally our fans rather than do this.

Well, the way that I see it - he has done on numerous occasions, as did CC when he was here but then, it is how we all read press releases, the updates from the fans forums etc... the tone, the undercurrents are just as important to try to understand or get a feeling for, than what you see on the surface with ANYTHING related to SWFC.

Also, there is definitely a culture clash going on, I think this is becoming more evident as time passes and in some ways it is understandable on both sides but I bet your bottom $, that DC pays more time to try to understand a specific 'wrong' or 'criticism', than a lot of those who are intent on becoming 'Anti DC' right now do.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm just glad we can afford to antagonise the fans.

If we were up against FFP regulations then I'd be worried about alienating Sheffielders who might consider buying season tickets or supporting the club.

If you want to bring FFP into it, the fans getting refunds have paid £257 to see the same amount of football other fans have had to pay £441 for. 

3 hours ago, KennyPowers55 said:

The offer from Mr Chansiri is that the season ticket refund offer will be honoured on a pro rata value for the remaining games. 

The conditions are a ban from all future season ticket and membership applications and forfeit of accrued loyalty points

Well played Mr Chansiri.  Harsh but fair offer. I personally won't be pursuing the refund even though I enquired. I don't think many others will either 

The offer was stupid in the first place and now everyone should forget about it and move on

Our Chariman really is a big baby.

Guest Copthorneowl
3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

So you're saying that in your opinion, you can refund the ticket and still be at front of the queue for away tickets? Reyt glad you arent chairman

Exactly the point in a nutshell and so easy to predict, people now in meltdown must live in a fairy tale workld.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm staggered you can make that statement as thought it's fact mate

People didn't even know about any refund offer till it was on Sky Sports News and the official website

Where do you think a refund offer should be publicised?

3 hours ago, KennyPowers55 said:

The offer from Mr Chansiri is that the season ticket refund offer will be honoured on a pro rata value for the remaining games. 

The conditions are a ban from all future season ticket and membership applications and forfeit of accrued loyalty points

Well played Mr Chansiri.  Harsh but fair offer. I personally won't be pursuing the refund even though I enquired. I don't think many others will either 

The offer was stupid in the first place and now everyone should forget about it and move on

We were discussing this in Carlisle at the weekend and I actually said pretty much all of the above should happen. Kudos Mr Chansiri

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Yes it’s a refund. If you’ve already had the product why would you be refunded? 

Take a jumper back, keep the sleeve and ask for the full refund...

I don’t get the point of this? 

A refund is for something you have purchased? DC is refunding games not played? So.... not yet had?

Edited by Spencerowl

Guest Copthorneowl

Let's put this offer in simplistic terms and cut the waffle.

Was it a daft offer in the first place ...Emphatically YES

Was it very generous on the part of Chairman YES ....whoever refunds used goods or football season tickets

Does there have to be a penalty if you get a refund ... Of course Massively YES priority points only.

Should he stop refunders getting future tickets Emphatically NO

Take the money or open the box lets please move on

People took advantage, quite rightly, of heavily discounted season tickets with all the advantages of priority ticketing points.

These tickets did not guarantee anything other than an allocated seat at 23 home games and enhanced chances of obtaining

away tickets.

There should never have been a refund offered, but when it was, it was hardly going to be advantageous to "cash in".

Fair weather fans who take this up can hardly expect to be treated as well as the loyal supporters who happen to stick by

the club when we go on a bad run. 

I get the impression there are a vocal minority who like to accentuate the down side and disappear or disregard anything good

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Definitely not mate

Even if we were in the Champions League and winning every game with a 100 million pound striker up front the terms of this offer are unnecessary antagonism added onto what I thought was a sincere and genuine offer to simply refund a disgruntled fan.

The fact these terms are bolted on aren't welcome, necessary or right.

No matter when offered.

1) Don't offer any refunds publically ever - that's just childish

2) If anyone emails you about a refund start a dialogue about how you'll improve the team or refund the person or tell them you won't
3 Just don't do refunds - full stop 

It's not that difficult to get this right so that nobody complains.

Mr Chansiri is inexperienced in handling football fans and criticism so whats' really needed is someone with common sense to handle these matters with no emotions attached when doing so, but with empathy and a commercial sensibility and customer service head on.

Yet a little while earlier;

image.thumb.png.d2058d457f5e58a841ba0818cda07ecb.png

Sorry, please do correct me - are you an advocate of refunds, not or just not at SWFC? :wacko:

Just now, robster_owl said:

Sorry, please do correct me - are you an advocate of refunds, not or just not at SWFC? :wacko:

I'd say don't offer refunds of season tickets 

It's not that difficult to grasp really mate

The Chairman has (in my opinion) made an error by offering tickets, by then adding the terms and conditions that he has done, especially this week with all the positives coming out of the club.

That's it really. In a nutshell

A totally unnecessary mess 

Owlstalk Shop