Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

The conditions are overly punitive.

i get the removal of points, etc (although surely if you’re getting a part-refund then they should only be able to take away part-points, i.e. for the games you get the refund for... you still paid for the games up to now).

Effectively banning people from future season tickets - or even membership - is an horrendous, over-the-top, spitting-the-dummy-out, toys-out-of-the-pram condition.

14 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

However, I do often wonder about the sanity of a % of our fanbase (likely most other clubs experience the same to some degree) where a negative view of one or more, becomes more of a desire in the end to demonise and damage a person or person(s) (whether other fan or club personnel) just to be able to sit back in their life, feeling smug that they believe it proves them right, when it proves nothing of the sort.

The very same thing applies to those who log on only to throw names or dispute the validity of another Sheffield Wednesday fan

There's more of that than there is of anyone demonising Mr Chansiri.

I've seen people questioning the chairman on how lates the shirts were, lack of pre season friendlies, the anniversary watches that were oversold, the anniversary picture that had the players names the wrong way round on them, the price of tickets, the sticking by Carlos when it was clear things weren't right, the recruitment of players being maybe not as good as it could be.

Anyone considering that demonisation needs to re-evaluate their sensationalist views of criticism

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

Hypothetical question. If five thousand fans took up this offer, do you think the conditions would change?

No.  Chansiri could be accused of a lot of things but not dishonour or cheating on a promise 100%.

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

i get the removal of points, etc (although surely if you’re getting a part-refund then they should only be able to take away part-points, i.e. for the games you get the refund for... you still paid for the games up to now).

Effectively banning people from future season tickets - or even membership - is an horrendous, over-the-top, spitting-the-dummy-out, toys-out-of-the-pram condition.

I disagree James , I think he's been far too lenient !

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You can have control nobody is saying he can't control it, what I'm saying is and lets be honest its hard to argue against this, we are getting pretty much everything wrong .

Ticketing prices 

corporate pricing balls up

Club shop should be shut down its that bad

Sacking medical staff and ending up in a worse position

Manager failings and not getting rid soon enough

Kit balls up

150th  celebration balls up pretty much every idea that we had failed

player recruitment absolutely ballsed up beyond belief

offering refunds when there was absolutely no need

putting terms in that mean the refunds mean you can't have a season ticket again

sending out statements about fans that will divide opinions

fan forums where any concerns are answered with "this is why we are doing it answers" not actually considering the feedback

I could probably dig a hell of a lot more out but all i want is for us to start doing things the right way FFS it isn't a hidden agenda, i want to be proud of my club and team, i don't want to keep looking at what happens next and thinking fizz me whats going on now, why alienate fans? no need whatsoever. If you want to do it your way then offs go and do it without antagonising every rascal.

I'm not sure he can be blamed for the points highlighted - to me that is just putting faith in your manager - a manager that totally messed it up i'll give you but i wont blame DC for that

The other things have to be seen as his responsibility though and he has made serious errors on all fronts - not just got things slightly wrong - he has gone all out and ballsed them up monumentally 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Possibly you can lay the blame at the managers door, but Imho that manager shouldn't have made those decisions or at least not over that past 6 months.

If the chairman starts buying players then that is a whole new level of wrong in my opinion 

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

I agree and it shows it's come straight from the chairman.

But I'm sure it's a cultural thing, it's all about loyalty, respect, pride, compassion etc...He's trying to show it works both ways. He can't exactly get his refund for Rhodes or tell Abdi he's getting 25% of his wage docked for being a failure. 

I'm sure while he's committed and enthusiastic about the club, he'll continue to learn and soon get it right.

24 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You can have control nobody is saying he can't control it, what I'm saying is and lets be honest its hard to argue against this, we are getting pretty much everything wrong .

Ticketing prices 

corporate pricing balls up

Club shop should be shut down its that bad

Sacking medical staff and ending up in a worse position

Manager failings and not getting rid soon enough

Kit balls up

150th  celebration balls up pretty much every idea that we had failed

player recruitment absolutely ballsed up beyond belief

offering refunds when there was absolutely no need

putting terms in that mean the refunds mean you can't have a season ticket again

sending out statements about fans that will divide opinions

fan forums where any concerns are answered with "this is why we are doing it answers" not actually considering the feedback

I could probably dig a hell of a lot more out but all i want is for us to start doing things the right way FFS it isn't a hidden agenda, i want to be proud of my club and team, i don't want to keep looking at what happens next and thinking fizz me whats going on now, why alienate fans? no need whatsoever. If you want to do it your way then offs go and do it without antagonising every rascal.

On a plus point we got an awesome cake which was kinda round and looked somewhat like a football.

1 hour ago, southportdc said:

Just to look at this offer in another light, taking your average, run of the mill, Kop adult season ticket holder as an example.

By my calculation, a £455 early bird season ticket for 23 home games comes to £19.78 per game.

13 home games played, so 10 remaining. On a pro-rata basis, refund fans will get £197.83 back, and will have paid £257.17 for their 13 games.

POTG fans on the Kop would have paid £441.00 for those same games given the appropriate categories. That's £183.83 more for the club.

Fans asking a refund have paid only £14 more than they would have without a season ticket, yet are getting a £200 refund.

IMO that's the way that the refund should have been offered.  Calculate the number of games attended at POTG prices, subtract that from the Season Ticket cost and refund the difference.  Remember that some asking for refunds could have bought three year tickets; POTG costs for 18 months of football could exceed the cost of a three year ticket.

The TPP should not be deducted for Season Ticket games attended, nor should they be for away games attended.

A lifetime ban on Season Tickets and membership is harsh but, as far as I can see, there is nothing to stop those accepting the refund from buying match tickets in future, at match to match prices.  If they do, what happens to TPP from those games; surely they must be honoured.

4 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

You have to personally take the season ticket card back down to club shop in exchange for the refunded cheque ?

hqdefault[1].jpg

Point of order here: I have recently acquired a cat, and I have learned that massive eyes like that don't mean 'I am small and cute please love me' but actually 'I AM SUPER BUZZED BY THE MOVEMENT OF ANYTHING IN MY NEAR VICINITY AND WILL SOON TRY TO RIP YOUR SKIN INTO RIBBONS'

I advise against using this approach on club shop staff. 

Guest Copthorneowl
3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Why on earth would you keep any loyalty points that would give certain ex-season ticket holders priority over those that can't (a) afford a season ticket but travel to most games plus (b) those like me who live miles away and  who go as often as they can but not enough points as a member to get to most away games or perhaps lower in the queue for the likes of Wembley because they're in a queue behind a refunded season ticket holder whos got more points and who's had his money back simply because we are playing crap.

There has to be a negative to asking for your money back imo.

I live 250 away go to  most home games and any away down south if I can get a ticket.. Due to allocations it's hardly ever possible to get one due to low allocations, why should a refunded be at the head of the queue.

I think it's realistic not over the top.

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

no i mean we should have had a different manager at least 6 months ago, obv thats just my view

I agree, but i agree in hindsight - i for one was willing to give him another go.

Another thing i wouldn't blame DC for.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

See this is a point everyone seems to be missing, where is the cut off points?

Some might argue that the refunded fan has still payed more money into the club than yourself maybe. ( I'm not saying this by the way just trying to play levels advocate

Very murky waters and creating arguments that didn't need to be created. Stupid offer full stop, it doesn't get offered we don't have these scenarios.

yep

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Ban from all future season tickets? lol 

A stupid offer that has has unnecessarily antagonised the fan base. 

Its antagonised our Chairman as well.