Sheffield Wednesday 2 : 2 Hull City

Great Op as always Lord Snooty.

Today Is a chance for Carlos to show he has the tactical nouse and can inspire and motivate our players. Even his most fervent supporters would have to agree he is a spent force if we don't put Hull to the sword today.

Hopefully he will break up the Rhodes Hooper combo that shackles Hooper, change tactics and really go for it today.

Will we go for it, are the players capable of a high energy performance, I am not sure. Too few upbeat performances over the last 18 months. I don't think we can up our game on demand like some teams can.

So I am going for a draw. :(

Strangely optimistic we will win today, more due to Hull's fragile confidence than our ability to put in a good performance.

All depends if the players can motivate themselves. CC's influence as a positive catalyst has diminished, therefore needs someone on the pitch to get hold of the team, ignore CC and play on the front foot and attack!

A nothing game really, just playing out the season.  A win or draw maintains the status quo, a defeat should force DC's hand.....though unfortunately suspect it won't. 

So this is it, our Season starts today, Carlos has promised us more attacking football, and I for one believe him, today is the day that the rest of the Championship

sit up and take note, Channel 5 have us on first, Colin Murray will be waxing lyrical, "Never in all my life have I seen a team more equipped to take this years top spot

than Sheffield Wednesday, who in my humble opinion would not look out of place in the Premiership".

Or it could be a Damp Squib.

The battle of the managers with their heads on the line !!

If we win, the Slutsky will be on his way back to Russia..

If Hull win, heaps much more pressure on our aspirations of top 2.

Already 17pts being 2nd after Cardiff's win last night, so already too big a gap for me, with a difficult December fixture-wise.

Lose today and sorry, but Carlos has to go, promises of attacking football and all

Good morning MDT gangbangers.

Excellent thread again Pauli, I assume, will read it later over tea and crumpet. I just hope that I don’t spill my tea whilst on the job.

Excellent funny bits too I assume. You can’t get enough Tay Tay riding a shadow llama.

This game has been built up to such a degree that there can only be one outcome. Carlos wants a rousing welcome and backing for all his troops, and then has promised we’ll put on a top performance with a spectacular victory (ish). So...........no pressure on the team then. Excellent management. The players will be cacking themselves.

For those not Christmas shopping with the Mrs, I expect a great backing as requested, followed by a jittery, nervous, performance from the boys. The only way we’ll get a 26-0 victory this week is if Nuhiu partners Hooper up front, and we abandon all nerves to go straight for the jugular. Which, in Carlos speak, often means that when we’ve managed to string the obligatory 20 passes together sideways, our version of foreplay, we’ll then apply the pressure by having three men in or around the box, just in case a cross comes in.

26-0 if Nuhiu partners Hooper.

0-0 otherwise.

Will still be an excellent point though against a Hull side who are fighting for their lives. The opposition sometimes dictate how the game will go you know.

Keep the noise going though, you wouldn’t want it to be your fault.

You may have detected I’m slightly annoyed with Carlos’ insinuations that our not firing on all cylinders is partially the fans’ fault. He sealed his own fate with that one and I no longer have any sympathy for the stick he’s getting. Still wouldn’t shout for a manager’s / Head coach’s head though. Not on.

Of course, we could also thrash Hull, then go on an unbeaten run to promotion, with Carlos becoming a hero again. It could happen, but probably won’t.

Edited by theowlsman

3 hours ago, doubleo said:

Obviously a "glass half full guy". I wasn't going to go again this season after the Bristol dros, but, well, you know what it's like - along comes Saturday and "I'll give him one last chance". But we have to beat these and well. Come on Carlos, find your mojo again.

It was meant tongue in cheek to be fair. I know what you mean about the pull

of football. I'm off to watch Bolton with the other half. 2 tickets £30. Embarrassed when we go to Hillsborough and have to stump up £60 for 2 tickets. If I have to watch dross (Bolton v Barnsley today) I don't want to pay a lot for it 

WTF:lol

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Good morning MDT gangbangers.

Excellent thread again Pauli, I assume, will read it later over tea and crumpet. I just hope that I don’t spill my tea whilst on the job.

Excellent funny bits too I assume. You can’t get enough Tay Tay riding a shadow llama.

This game has been built up to such a degree that there can only be one outcome. Carlos wants a rousing welcome and backing for all his troops, and then has promised we’ll put on a top performance with a spectacular victory (ish). So...........no pressure on the team then. Excellent management. The players will be cacking themselves.

For those not Christmas shopping with the Mrs, I expect a great backing as requested, followed by a jittery, nervous, performance from the boys. The only way we’ll get a 26-0 victory this week is if Nuhiu partners Hooper up front, and we abandon all nerves to go straight for the jugular. Which, in Carlos speak, often means that when we’ve managed to string the obligatory 20 passes together sideways, our version of foreplay, we’ll then apply the pressure by having three men in or around the box, just in case a cross comes in.

26-0 if Nuhiu partners Hooper.

0-0 otherwise.

Will still be an excellent point though against a Hull side who are fighting for their lives. The opposition sometimes dictate how the game will go you know.

Keep the noise going though, you wouldn’t want it to be your fault.

You may have detected I’m slightly annoyed with Carlos’ insinuations that our not firing on all cylinders is partially the fans’ fault. He sealed his own fate with that one and I no longer have any sympathy for the stick he’s getting. Still wouldn’t shout for a manager’s / Head coach’s head though. Not on.

Of course, we could also thrash Hull, then go on an unbeaten run to promotion, with Carlos becoming a hero again. It could happen, but probably won’t.

PAULI.........  try and keep up mate .

The pressure is mounting and it's showing.

Always used to have faith in Carlos - our lass called it a bromance - but i'm feeling like he's changed, or iv'e changed, somethings changed anyway and I reckon our relationship needs counseling,  the kind of counseling where we start playing decent bloody footie again and have some fun and stop sitting on the settee watching emmerdale omnibus' even though we've already watched it and never get out anymore or have a bit of slap n tickle...

So Carlos, if you're listening, get off the settee, put that slinky nightie on you used to wear, and show me some of that sexy Latino wiggle that got me so excited a couple of years ago - or sorry bro but i'm finishing with you and i'll be down Roxys for a new bit of fun on the side

• Haha 1