Sheffield Wednesday 2 : 2 Hull City

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Crikey, and there I’ve been quoting him every single week this season.

You’d think I’d have spotted that wouldn’t you?

Fancy not spotting something so obvious.

doh ...i'll try and keep up 

Today is the day it all clicks.

Carlos sends the team out to attack.

We play to our strengths not to negate those of the opposition.

We pass the ball forwards and shoot on sight.

Defenders defend and look comfortable with the ball at their feet. They recycle the ball quickly.

Bannan plays in the opposition half not on the toes of our centre backs.

Lee finds form.

Reach beats his man and crosses accurately.

Hunt overlaps 

Free kicks and corners beat the first man

Let's kick on now, we've wasted enough of this season. 

Another week, another omdt, another unknown performance ahead.

Let's hope it's a crash, bang wallop rock n roll music type. Just to prove to the 'had enough' and 'can't face going anymore' berks that we're still in the mix & worth watching.

Knowing us, we'll go behind, people will be chucking themselves off the cantilever, then we'll storm back & roger them for 4.

Dawson is a decent chap for them, says it like it is, but I hope his todger falls off today & he has a mare.

4-1 to the Owls.

Season back on track.

:manager:

If Nuhiu and Hooper start together up front today WE WILL WIN EASILY.

There was a hint of a decent partnership forming until the plug was pulled on it. I think Hooper benefitted from all the attention being given to Nuhiu.

Lacking in some areas, but still a bloody nuisance to defenders, with Hoops playing off that getting more space, more knock downs etc.

Make it happen Carlos. You know I’m right.

The Dream Team innit?

A very good day to you all. Much as I’m enjoying life north of the border, one definite downside is my far more sporadic trips to Hillsborough. However, today is one of those happy days when I’m being whisked towards S6 while enjoying Lord Snooty’s briefing, hopefully ready to see us inflict a small measure of revenge on that tinpot rabble from the East Riding.

Because my trips to Wednesday are a little less frequent, I tend to employ mindless optimism to gee up the excitement in these challenging times - so I’ll take Carlos at his word and look forward to an aggressive, exciting display. 

If that really does come to fruition we could be in for a very “goal rich” afternoon, given that Hull are pretty good at scoring goals (especially through young Bowen) but horrific at keeping them out. Slutsky is a better manager than some would give him credit for, and Hillsborough has a history of being the place where bad runs come to die. Our Dutch pairing in defence will need to be at the top of their game - and please Loovens, when you’re thinking about distributing the ball, just let van Aken do it instead :duntmatter:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 4-3 Hull 

(Hooper 5, 10, Bowen 21, Campbell 35, Grosicki 55, Bannan 72, Nuhiu 90)

(real prediction: 0-0)

See you all later for the post-match rant - Carlos in, out, in, out, shake it all about :manager:

We are in must win territory now. To be 17 points behind the top two after only 19 games is  a disgrace for a club who claim to be going for automatic promotion this season. For the top two to be out of reach by the start of December is not acceptable .