Sheffield Wednesday 2 : 2 Hull City

14 minutes ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Were always gonna regret the Rhodes signing - his best years are waaaay behind him ... and he's only 27 ffs !

Nepotism will get you nowhere.

Rhodes needs confidence, ain't getting that with the type of football we play and manager in charge

4 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

See you all later for the post-match rant

Right well here we go.

That was an abominable game. Utterly abominable. Two utterly terrible teams playing terrible football, goals being gifted only from clueless defending.

Hull set up with the most rudimentary counter-attacking gameplay I’ve ever seen, offered nothing throughout, but still scored two because our defending was criminal. They got their first goal by rudely interrupting Loovens and van Aken’s game of musical statues, then the second came because Westwood was about to grab the ball and run the clock out, but someone (couldn’t see who from the back of the kop) decided that would be far too boring and sensible, so they booted the ball out of his hands and into the air, because wouldn’t it be sporting to give Hull one more attack? At that point we were even more sporting - we gave them the freedom of Hillsborough to scuff a shot into the net. 

It says a lot about how bad a game it was that Nuhiu was easily the best player out of either side, despite only being on the pitch for a third of the game. Credit to Hooper for two excellent finishes, pass marks to Reach and Fox, the less said about everyone else the better. Palmer and Loovens were particularly awful.

If that was Carlos’ idea of an aggressive, attacking performance, then I dread to think what it’ll be like when he inevitably sets us up to defend against Wolves. Ironically, I’ve got a funny feeling we’ll get a result there because we tend to fare better without the initiative (e.g. Villa or Fulham away), but we’re crying out for a change - the squad looks lost and demotivated.