Sheffield Wednesday 2 : 2 Hull City

11 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I think we will win today but then go on a terrible run for the rest of December.

owls :  2- hooper, Wallace 

hull: 1- some dude 

Come on mate I’m trying to be upbeat!! Readying myself for a Christmas return and the Burton game. lol

I think today is the start of a month that’ll make or break our season. It won’t make or break Carlos’ season. He’s here until May when he’ll tell us why we haven’t been more attacking so far. I think the reason for this is we haven’t had access to our most creative and clinical player but perhaps he’ll tell us something else?:carlosswfc:

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

I hate using terms like “must win game” but I’m going to anyway, not only that it’s a must win well!!! 

I still have a lot of time for Carlos, he’s hamstrung to a large degree, nothing sinister but I doubt many other coaches would operate in our system. 

I forgave him the Huddersfield debacle and gave him the benefit of the doubt after Preston, even kept the faith up to the 12 game mark as I said I would. Unfortunately it’s not panned out and these things eventually have an air of inevitability about them!! That’s where we’re at now.

Many wanted him gone after last season and a lesser man would have walked make no mistake. I still think history will be kind to him. FFS It’s starting to sound like an obituary!!

UTO 4-1 and a Barcelonaesque performance from the Owls!! 

I agree, pretty much, although I'd say Carlos is frustrating me just a little bit more than he is you. I never shout for managers to go, but his bizarre defensive rhetoric is now fully mirroring our fearful, turgid football, I'm starting to feel that sooner or later something has to give...

I feel today could go either way.

If we spend another 90 minutes passing the ball sideways followed by an interview of excuses then I fear for our season and my sanity, if not for his job.

But I hope beyond hope that we turn in another sparkling performance out of nowhere. When our backs are against the wall, we have a history of coming out of our shells under Carlos... So I'll be cheering with everything I have trying to help us do that again today!

UTO

7 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I agree, pretty much, although I'd say Carlos is frustrating me just a little bit more than he is you. I never shout for managers to go, but his bizarre defensive rhetoric is now fully mirroring our fearful, turgid football, I'm starting to feel that sooner or later something has to give...

I feel today could go either way.

If we spend another 90 minutes passing the ball sideways followed by an interview of excuses then I fear for our season and my sanity, if not for his job.

But I hope beyond hope that we turn in another sparkling performance out of nowhere. When our backs are against the wall, we have a history of coming out of our shells under Carlos... So I'll be cheering with everything I have trying to help us do that again today!

UTO

No, I agree entirely with that, he’s frustrating me just as much!

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Come on mate I’m trying to be upbeat!! Readying myself for a Christmas return and the Burton game. lol

Good stuff mate, I predict we may scrape a draw in that one! 

Have be a cracking trip home and try not think about that horrific flight.

also bring me back some scampi fries will ya

4 hours ago, owlmanc said:

I'm going for a a shot on goal each half

lol

Obviously a "glass half full guy". I wasn't going to go again this season after the Bristol dros, but, well, you know what it's like - along comes Saturday and "I'll give him one last chance". But we have to beat these and well. Come on Carlos, find your mojo again.

17 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Good stuff mate, I predict we may scrape a draw in that one! 

Have be a cracking trip home and try not think about that horrific flight.

also bring me back some scampi fries will ya

Yeah I think you could be right, maybe I’ll keep my options open, if I choose Meadowhall you know we’ve hit rock bottom. 

I’ll add those scampi fries to the list with my walkers prawn cocktail!! 

C'mon the Wednesday, this is the new dawn, the new beginning, 2 shots on target and we will muller these pussycats, all down to the legendary men,illegal aliens, woman, gender neutral cool kids and children who brave these arctic conditions who go today, get behind the team from the start and don't let them down or it will be your fault...:wacko:

C'mon The Wednesday!

ctw.png

Edited by steveger

29 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

ive no idea what today's outcome will be. Wouldn't surprise me if we won 4-1 or lost 0-1.

i will go 1-1.

Agree. Nothing would surprise me. I hope Carlos hasn’t been playing mind games with Hull by saying we are going to be more attacking today and then turning out another defensive display. Hull should be perfect opponents today, but then again it’s nagging away at me that we are also perfect opponents to end a barren run against. I’m going 0-0 I’m afraid although I hope I’m wrong and the match is more end to end than side to side.