Sheffield Wednesday 2 : 2 Hull City

The 2016 Championship play-off final was the last time Wednesday and Hull met.

24129703_10156288593786111_4876893870379

I know, i know you dont want to talk about it.

But we have to.

A year and a bit is a long time in football.

Just four members of Hulls 18-man squad that beat us at Wembley are still on City’s books and only Michael Dawson and David Meyler look like likely to play with Dawson being declared fit on Friday.

Much is said about Carlos still using (or in Owlstalk parlance relying on) much of the side that played that day Hull have  changed almost beyond recognition.  Not in the way they'd hoped either. 

The premier league. 

The promised land isnt it.

Isnt it?

Get there and all will be well in the world again won't it.

Won't it?

Not for Hull who went up in our place the other year. 

They've only won 13 of the 57 league games since.

Bruce went. Then two more managers have resigned or been given the boot.

A fourth might not be far behind either given their current form.

24296358_10156288115356111_5818294406535

Leonid Slutsky , their current gaffer has  avoided the chop amazingly but the Tigers  are a team devoid of confidence. 

We wish it had been us and not Hull that had gone up. 

Of course we might have coped better than them. It is and will remain unknown if we'd have faired any better. 

But Blimey. ..for all the fuss about getting to the Premier being the be all and end all. What dun have they had?

There is no positivity coming out of Hull at the moment - there is no better time to play them! 

EXCEPT! We all know that Wednesday have a record of helping teams going through torrid spells end their hoodoos!

Let's just hope Carlos' promise of more attacking football comes true.

Don't win this and the pressure will really start to rack up.

Well have to negate their 5 man midfield.

Something we didn't do in 2016.

Will we have learnt our lesson?

24231906_10156288114941111_3642274357825

That remains to be seen. 

I've given up the ghost of us playing the big man down the middle bashing defenders about and making space and keeping defenders busy so that Joao/Rhodes/Hooper can get about their business in the box. 

Still. 

I think we'll do them 2-1 with a goal from Hooper and one from Reach.

Main men-:

24131168_10156288114946111_5003212537542

Onwards and upwards

COME ON WEDNESDAY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

how does that chances created work mate ....reach as played well but cant recall him creating 30 chances 

I'll be buggered if I know. 

Everyone works by different criteria. 

And we do as fans. It's like the old penalties don't count when Nuhiu scores I think. 

Or something. 

This game has a similar feel to the one against Norwich last year, where CC promised a different type of performance. Well that turned out pretty well, and was probably our best performance for a long time.

Here's hoping that lightening strikes twice and we get a good result and bang a few goals in. 

Just as an aside, I think it is important to try and get behind the team and encourage them in their endeavours. I appreciate on a cold December afternoon, if the football isn't of high quality and tempo, fans may well feel they could be elsewhere being entertained, but for those of us going, let us try and do our bit.

I know some will not change their opinion of CC and his tactics and or team selection, but we can affect the game in our own way. Let's make S6 rock again !!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'll be buggered if I know. 

Everyone works by different criteria. 

And we do as fans. It's like the old penalties don't count when Nuhiu scores I think. 

Or something. 

@torryowl at 30 chances created for Reach it’s definitely referring to his Night Club pulling technique!!! Even with the loosest possible definition of creating a chance (kicking the ball toward the opposition goal) he’s a way off that number. lol

I hate using terms like “must win game” but I’m going to anyway, not only that it’s a must win well!!! 

I still have a lot of time for Carlos, he’s hamstrung to a large degree, nothing sinister but I doubt many other coaches would operate in our system. 

I forgave him the Huddersfield debacle and gave him the benefit of the doubt after Preston, even kept the faith up to the 12 game mark as I said I would. Unfortunately it’s not panned out and these things eventually have an air of inevitability about them!! That’s where we’re at now.

Many wanted him gone after last season and a lesser man would have walked make no mistake. I still think history will be kind to him. FFS It’s starting to sound like an obituary!!

UTO 4-1 and a Barcelonaesque performance from the Owls!!