#boycottthekit

32 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

And in the meantime, ask supporters to lend the club wonga in exchange for a plaque.

:duntmatter:

Not been funny mate if we all want the club in the prem and it’s a method of gaining income. Then why not it’s only like sponsoring something. Those who have the money can in theory sponsor a chair but in this case eventually get something back in return. It’s not asking all supporters to do it it’s those who can afford too. I can’t see owt wrong end of day it’s a way of generating some income for the club with those who do it getting someothing in return (season ticket one day).  If I had a lot of money I would have done it end of day if can afford to why not we all want to get owls in prem every little helps. 

19 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Not been funny mate if we all want the club in the prem and it’s a method of gaining income. Then why not it’s only like sponsoring something. Those who have the money can in theory sponsor a chair but in this case eventually get something back in return. It’s not asking all supporters to do it it’s those who can afford too. I can’t see owt wrong end of day it’s a way of generating some income for the club with those who do it getting someothing in return (season ticket one day).  If I had a lot of money I would have done it end of day if can afford to why not we all want to get owls in prem every little helps. 

You are not being funny. If that's your opinion then I respect it.

My point was in reference to you implying the whole new kit production process was undertaken in order to make more profit to "spend on other things". 

That may well be the case but it has been so badly bodged, it may fail to yield greater profit, and disenfranchise fans into the bargain. It won't seem like such a smart move then.

Obviously a well organised commercial operation would bring in significant revenue, which could then be reinvested back into the club. We haven't moved forward sufficiently across the commercial areas of the club, in many cases we've moved backwards (see kit delay, 150th anniversary celebrations, general shop offerings, crazy executive box prices, matchday catering etc.)

With a spiralling wage bill, faltering commercial wing and the shadow of FFP on the horizon, The Club 1867 initiative was created to try and plug a hole in the finances; a hole which has been created solely by mismanagement. 

You are quite within your rights to think it a good idea, but I'd say the numbers who have taken it up, suggest that you are in the minority.

(And to keep the thread on topic: as far as I'm concerned, people can spend their money on whatever they like.)

:carlos:

1 hour ago, OneDavidHirst said:

£59 chuffing quid for a shirt

£45 chuffing quid for a kids shirt

On a kit that they've manufactured in-house, that's out of date and with no guarantee of the quality and durability?

They could have charged half the price and still made more money per shirt than on the Sondico deal. Pure greed.

WTAF are they smoking at Hillsborough? 

And it's not even got bl33ding stripes FFS!!!

Seriously, as fans we cannot stand for this any more we have to show our disgust.

#boycottthekit

It's £49 chuffing quid for a shirt pal.

This whole saga is a reflection of the way the club is being run i'm afraid.

And we aren't alone. Football fans are just being taken for granted left right and centre.

We are paying customers? 

Problem is the clubs know we are a captive audience because we are loyal. If Tesco let me down

i just go and shop in sainsbury. 

Calling for a Geoffrey is just silly. It's down to personal choice. 

• Like 1

A boycott is probably melodramatic, but I can't in good conscience encourage people to buy one at those prices. It would only encourage DC to think these prices are acceptable when they just aren't. It shows how out of touch he is when he's acting like Father Christmas pulling the biggest present out of the sack by announcing that he's discounting a crap quality shirt that isn't even in our proper colours to £49, before ramping it up to the absolutely scandalous price of £59.

I won't be buying the home shirt simply because I believe we should always play in blue and white stripes , that's why I refused to buy last season's.  

The only one I intend to buy is the white and gold third shirt. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

I know it's non-correct thinking , but is the kit manufactured in Great Britain, in which case the cost will automatically be higher due to higher production costs.  i wasn't ntending on purchasing one whatever, but for so long now, we have become used to buying clothes cheap (relatively). I remember travelling with a party to China about 10 years ago, and we got to comparing clothing. We quickly found that the majority of us had clothes  'Manufactured in China', though all bought in England We all agree, I think, that workers in Britain should be paid a living wage. This is considerably higher than the living wage in the states of manufacture. It is purely a matter of conscience

Trouble is, in this area particularly, if it ain't cheap, I'm not buying  - and neither should you.

I entirely agree with Striggy. If you don't like it, for whatever reason, DON'T  BUY IT, but don't try to force that same opinion on people who think otherwise. 

Come on Buxto what can you be thinking. Everyone must know that 'Produced in house' means made in the far East.

Have to agree though, if you don't like it, or the price nobody's going to make you buy it.

1 hour ago, OneDavidHirst said:

£59 chuffing quid for a shirt

£45 chuffing quid for a kids shirt

On a kit that they've manufactured in-house, that's out of date and with no guarantee of the quality and durability?

They could have charged half the price and still made more money per shirt than on the Sondico deal. Pure greed.

WTAF are they smoking at Hillsborough? 

And it's not even got bl33ding stripes FFS!!!

Seriously, as fans we cannot stand for this any more we have to show our disgust.

#boycottthekit

Grow up and get afucking grip !

Absolute top dollar for a bargain basement shirt. which is already half way through it's sell by date. Even by recent standards they are pushing their luck hard here and its becoming offensive how stupid they think we are.

Unfortunately this is just another indicator of our club's attitude towards it's most loyal supporters nowadays. They know there are fans who will buy the shirt no matter what (and parents who will be pressured to), just like there are fans who will go to every game regardless of price. Clearly Chansiri's business model is to fleece every penny he can out of these fans

Let's not fool ourselves, Chansiri makes a fortune if we go up, which is the reason he bought us. Yet it's us he expects to put our hands in our pockets to help fund his gamble. 

Of course you can choose to not buy, as most will, but it doesn't change any of the above. A boycott is the best way to get our point across, and anyone unhappy with the prices should get on board and spread the word as nothing will change unless we let the club know we aren't prepared to be ripped off