#boycottthekit

bought a kit when we got promoted, also bought one in 2006 for cheap the season after to jog in. now just have 1 retro kit I bought. wear that if I feel like wearing a kit.

fair play if you want to buy a kit, more money for the club. some will have to decide not to buy due to price but same at all other clubs really. would be nice if Wednesday were the first to cap kits at £30, but not going to happen.

the reason boycott the kit is out there Is because of the shambles that is happening at the club at the moment. Not just kit. ticket prices are a disgrace and costs of drinks, food and plaques etc. we should make more off sponsorship compared to ripping the fans off.

personally I'd buy if it gives me good memories of a promotion season, at the moment the odds look stacked against that.  

unfortunately Wednesday are following the pack rather than trying a different way like Dortmund in Germany.

4 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

One thing I have noticed.

We're not all Wednesday are we.

Mate you don't have to be a prat to be all Wednesday.

A true fan follows the club through thick and thin, we will still be here long after DC has gone and if he continue to try and fleece the fans to pay for his and Carlos numerous error for the last 2 + a bit season then he won't be here for much longer.

Maybe the Chairman should get his hand in his own pocket and pay for all the free advertising he has around the club on the shirts, on the stadium, on the advertising board then maybe we wouldn't be in the poo with FFP. 

But we are all Wednesday (shame the chairman isn't)

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

A true fan follows the club through thick and thin, we will still be here long after DC has gone and if he continue to try and fleece the fans to pay for his and Carlos numerous error for the last 2 + a bit season then he won't be here for much longer.

Maybe the Chairman should get his hand in his own pocket and pay for all the free advertising he has around the club on the shirts, on the stadium, on the advertising board then maybe we wouldn't be in the poo with FFP. 

Do you really believe what you have just written ?

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

That's right...If you don't blindly back everything the club does then you're not a Wednesday supporter... Bore off.

Did I say that ?

If you blindly go against everything the club does then you're not a Wednesday supporter.

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't think anyone can seriously say DC hasn't put his hand in his pocket.

Issues to me is has the money been well spent, is the club being well run, are fans getting value for money. Would say no to all these 3.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There's a growing tension and lack of patience now amongst Owls fans about pretty much everything that the club is making a mess of.

I didnt realise you spoke on behalf of the fans? 

You are basing this assertion upon what exactly? The proven echo-chamber that is social media? A survey of Owls fans? Your mate Dave down the pub? How can you be so sure of this growing discontent?

By all means rally the troops and storm Hillsborough! Sack all the staff and start again with real Owls fans who understand the complexities of how to run a business like a football club? I guarantee that 99% of Owlstalk posters wouldn't have the first clue if DC said "all right. Off you go lads. Give it your best shot".

It seems absolutely barmy from a commercial viewpoint, I can't think of one justifiable reason to charge those prices all things considered.

I would LOVE to know how the revenue from these kits will compare to the out-of-house Sondico last season, but sadly I can't see this information being available.

Also makes you wonder how much additional money we could have made by bringing it in house etc...if it wasn't complete shambles and been totally ballsed up! :duntmatter:Guess we'll never know now.

12 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I didnt realise you spoke on behalf of the fans? 

You are basing this assertion upon what exactly? The proven echo-chamber that is social media? A survey of Owls fans? Your mate Dave down the pub? How can you be so sure of this growing discontent?

By all means rally the troops and storm Hillsborough! Sack all the staff and start again with real Owls fans who understand the complexities of how to run a business like a football club? I guarantee that 99% of Owlstalk posters wouldn't have the first clue if DC said "all right. Off you go lads. Give it your best shot".

And does anybody at Hillsborough now?

lol

3 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

£59 chuffing quid for a shirt

£45 chuffing quid for a kids shirt

On a kit that they've manufactured in-house, that's out of date and with no guarantee of the quality and durability?

They could have charged half the price and still made more money per shirt than on the Sondico deal. Pure greed.

WTAF are they smoking at Hillsborough? 

And it's not even got bl33ding stripes FFS!!!

Seriously, as fans we cannot stand for this any more we have to show our disgust.

#boycottthekit

Too late mate...the 10,000 boycotters have already ordered theirs lol