#boycottthekit

Guest Copthorneowl
49 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Why?

Well mate in fairness I can't in all honesty answer that anymore than you can say the alternative could be the udders. My view is if we continue down the road of persecuting our new spentloadsamobey owner we're in danger of destroying his resolve ...human nature really and if that happens our first move could be back to square one ...mate we could argue that all day.

But what is fact is where we were prior to him saving us and why persecute him over some poxy shirts and risk him throwing the towel in ....let's face it Ricky we're all human after all none of us likes being verbally battered especially when we've put a lot in and he's put millions in with that goes some right for him to make decisions as he sees fit ...agree or disagree mate that's my honest view.

7 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Well mate in fairness I can't in all honesty answer that anymore than you can say the alternative could be the udders. My view is if we continue down the road of persecuting our new spentloadsamobey owner we're in danger of destroying his resolve ...human nature really and if that happens our first move could be back to square one ...mate we could argue that all day.

But what is fact is where we were prior to him saving us and why persecute him over some poxy shirts and risk him throwing the towel in ....let's face it Ricky we're all human after all none of us likes being verbally battered especially when we've put a lot in and he's put millions in with that goes some right for him to make decisions as he sees fit ...agree or disagree mate that's my honest view.

Persecution? Touch of hyperbole there. I doubt he spends much time on here. If he’s half the businessman some believe he is then he’ll know he’s fuckedthings up to some extent. I suspect he isn’t. 

What I’ve believed from Day One is that this is a combination of an ego/business thing. That’s why he’s happy to scrap stripes, charge ridiculous prices, emblazon his name everywhere etc. 

Not my kinda football guy to be honest. I can see why some like it but people loved Dave Richards once. I really hope he succeeds but I also hope he doesn’t wreak a load of havoc before he finds a new hobby and packs it in.  

27 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

The price is a joke - nobody can deny that. Especially considering the fact it's not even been manufactured by a decent brand - the fans are getting completely ripped off yet again.

Quality might be good even if not a brand everyone's heard of. You can pay £30 to £40 for a Nike top and after a couple of times washed quality as deteriorated, a football shirt lasts longer even if it doesn't look right on pot bellied middle aged bloke. :tango:

15 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

£59 chuffing quid for a shirt

£45 chuffing quid for a kids shirt

On a kit that they've manufactured in-house, that's out of date and with no guarantee of the quality and durability?

They could have charged half the price and still made more money per shirt than on the Sondico deal. Pure greed.

WTAF are they smoking at Hillsborough? 

And it's not even got bl33ding stripes FFS!!!

Seriously, as fans we cannot stand for this any more we have to show our disgust.

#boycottthekit

power to the people lol

17 hours ago, Left-footed Filth said:

Why boycott it? 

What's the point?

Next year's kit will be released on time and will be £60 any way. It's not like boycotting this year's will change anything.

Not if VERY few people buy it. But I doubt that will happen. If a businessman makes more money selling MORE shirts at £45 than he does selling LESS shirts at £60 - which will he choose?

It would not ever happen. Some Football fans are fanatic about Football itself and especially their club. No other sport, well nothing other than religion has normally sane individuals willing to travel to other cities or counties and fight one another. Completely crazy.

It’s this fanaticalism which generates the best things and the worse things about Football. Sadly apart from the stupid fighting thing, one of the worse things about Football is the ability to take the wee wee out of fans by rinsing them for every penny they own and that’s not just our club that every institution in Football. 

Like someone one said earlier, if you think it is a joke about the shirt don’t buy one yourself, but others will, I for one, because I want one and because I love supporting Wednesday.

When we win, it still makes my Saturday, when we lose I’m gutted.

Maybe I’m a fanatic? 

Comparing it to other teams is a but unfair. Their kits are made by trusted and respected manufacturers like Nike, adidas etc. Let's see what the quality is like for the £59. It's ok trying to maximise profit but the product has to be good.