Westwood

vulva

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Fantastic keeper, but I reckon he was at fault for that goal. Should have pushed it away, or round the post. That's 2 mistakes in a week. 

Our defenders must shoulder some blame for not marking their number 19 who had a free hit at the rebound. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Watch the highlights at their two headed chances. He was in no man's land flapping for both.

Something is very wrong with his confidence this season.

Thought I was the only one to notice. Yes, he looked uncharacteristically unsure on those 2 occasions. 

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Fantastic keeper, but I reckon he was at fault for that goal. Should have pushed it away, or round the post. That's 2 mistakes in a week. 

His all round game has not met his excellent standards he's set in his previous years this season 

3 hours ago, zakswfc said:

Time for a new keeper me thinks. 

Fantastic shot stopper but i reckon bettwr distribution and commanding of the area would benefit us more. 

Command of area hahahaha. Probably one of his best assets. 

Dont know why i responded to you though, clearly a blade. 

I posted a few days ago after the Brentford match, that I thought Westwood looked a bit heavier than last season, and doesn't look as mobile. I think he is still carrying a knock, but this is only supposition on my part.

He is a top quality keeper, and has kept us in numerous games over the past couple of years. However, he seems to come off his line more than in previous years, and more worrying for me, seems to get caught under crosses. That said, I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the division, and I'm sure he will be back to his old dominant best very very soon.

44 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Kicking has been poor,distribution has been poor and he cost us a goal with a clanger, good shot stopper that that means zero if these mistakes keep on happening.

Good shot stopper should mean zero anyway.......there isn't a keeper on the top 5 tiers that isn't a good shot stopper

If a striker misses the goal it's annoying because it's a missed opportunity 

If a goalkeeper makes a mistake it costs his team mates, club and supporters everything and so it makes it such a glaring mistake

Ive criticised Westwood in the past mainly for his poor distribution

But I'm glad he's ours because he'll save us loads more points than he drops IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

The only mistake was v Brentford and the other 2 come under the could do better category 

Yeah that's how I see it.  I honestly thought today's goal was as a result of almost all of our backlines lack of anticipation to sense potential danger.

Yes Westwood could have done better but as a keeper i guess you try and put too much on the palm out rather than too little which can sometimes result in the ball coming back into play rather than directly to the side.

14 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Yeah that's how I see it.  I honestly thought today's goal was as a result of almost all of our backlines lack of anticipation to sense potential danger.

Yes Westwood could have done better but as a keeper i guess you try and put too much on the palm out rather than too little which can sometimes result in the ball coming back into play rather than directly to the side.

As a former goalkeeper myself I would be very disappointed with that but it happens.

The art of catching and protecting the ball as a keeper has completely gone. Rationale behind it is punching or parrying it away takes the potential handling error out which is usually very costly with fowards steaming in.

Whether i'd have got to the shot or not is a different question but you've got to catch that and smother it. It was almost like he was in two minds.

You need to be very strong mentally to be a good keeper because every tiny mistake you make is magnified and potentially very costly. It's also seen as the easiest position on the pitch as far as the fans and the outfield players are concerned.

He's going through a tricky spell but it won't be the first time he's had one and I'm surehe will come through it the same way he did before.

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Command of area hahahaha. Probably one of his best assets. 

Dont know why i responded to you though, clearly a blade. 

Eh? Definitely not one of his best assets, has always been one of his biggest weaknesses... very good shot stopper, very poor at coming for crosses- has been that way his entire career

Still a class keeper at this level and the call for a new keeper is clearly B/S, but he has been found wanting in recent weeks. Hopefully he can turn it around in the next few games and be back at his best. Considering how many points he's saved us on occasion, he's allowed the odd mistake, and all keepers have them