Westwood

vulva

4 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

As a former goalkeeper myself I would be very disappointed with that but it happens.

The art of catching and protecting the ball as a keeper has completely gone. Rationale behind it is punching or parrying it away takes the potential handling error out which is usually very costly with fowards steaming in.

Whether i'd have got to the shot or not is a different question but you've got to catch that and smother it. It was almost like he was in two minds.

You need to be very strong mentally to be a good keeper because every tiny mistake you make is magnified and potentially very costly. It's also seen as the easiest position on the pitch as far as the fans and the outfield players are concerned.

He's going through a tricky spell but it won't be the first time he's had one and I'm surehe will come through it the same way he did before.

Good point. I actually didn't think of his ability to catch the ball if possible. I was thinking purely about the angle of the parry.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Anyone slagging Westwood off should be ashamed of themselves.  Our most consistent player over the past 3 years!

So he let in a shocker the other day. The more I see today's goal I can't understand why he didn't just catch it. 

Why arent we we allowed to criticize him?

people are more than happy to slag off everyone else for much less.

12 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Command of area hahahaha. Probably one of his best assets. 

Dont know why i responded to you though, clearly a blade. 

You obviously don't attend many games or you are Davis Blunkett because his command if the area is terrible. Every cross he flaps for and never comes out to collect crosses. We won't even get started on his distribution. 

Guest RocketOwl

Oh now Fernando is injured let's pick on our next best player. The same people who are livid if you dare moan at Rhodes.

Why can't we offer same support for a player who's been so good over this tenure here it's beyond words. 

Westwood is strong mentally and will be at his best quickly. The Cardiff goal was hardly a clanger.

whats the alternative put one of our young keepers in goal for the Derby after Westwood makes two errors in 4 years? Some people are a joke.

1 hour ago, coreyswfc said:

You obviously don't attend many games or you are Davis Blunkett because his command if the area is terrible. Every cross he flaps for and never comes out to collect crosses. We won't even get started on his distribution. 

Always the same. 

Don't think there's anything wrong with people (like the OP) pointing out the fact that Westwood has made a few mistakes recently. 

What does make me laugh is "experts" like the above who suddenly start posting about how they knew he wasn't that good in the first place. 

Absolutely laughable. 

Guest RocketOwl

I have just seen goal again and he definitely can catch that free kick it was very soft.

However, it's not the time to be getting on our keepers back before we play the pigs. Westwood is in his prime for a keeper, he kept us up first season , he kept us in the playoff game single handledly - let's give him a bit of BOD and get behind him because he is one player I know who has the right mentality.

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Anyone slagging Westwood off should be ashamed of themselves.  Our most consistent player over the past 3 years!

Why? It's stating facts.

has he dropped howlers on the last few games? He is his kicking awful ? Yes 

we all like him but just because we do doesn't mean he can't be discussed 

He also saved you with a leg he somehow managed to stick out at the last minute as the ball was going to nestle in the bottom corner in the second half. I was right behind the goal and was left gob smacked as he stuck that left leg out, I was already jumping up to celebrate a certain goal. 

We all have issues with keepers. Our keeper Neil Etheridge against Preston you should have seen. He had an absolute mare on Tuesday night, his fault for 2 of the 3 goals we conceded. 

He seems a bit off colour, but he is still the most dependable option we have. I think he communicates with his defenders well and generally catches balls into the box. The only real issue he has had is the mad rushes off his line which we saw again this season vs Sunderland. 

He wouldn't usually be beaten at near post vs Forest and would've pushed the free kick further wide yesterday but he is setting a high standard.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, vulva said:

Ashamed?

Get a grip you wet flannel. 

Was Westwood even at fault for the goal? Not in my eyes.  Blame Butterfield for giving away the foul or Pudil for not marking his man if you want to blame someone.  Not surprised with you though mate.  Very rarely do we ever agree on anything!