Westwood

vulva

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Fantastic keeper, but I reckon he was at fault for that goal. Should have pushed it away, or round the post. That's 2 mistakes in a week. 

Exactly what I thought too- not the best free kick and he made a meal of it.

A poor week for him- hopefully just a blip because he's the best we've had since Pressman.

Think he was quite deep (on/behind the goal line) which maybe made getting it around the post difficult.

Would still expect him to punch it clear to give more time to the defenders.

Obviously giving the free kick away in the first place, and then not following the ball in didn't help either.

Thought there might have been a question of off-side if the player that got the final touch was behind Westwood - looked like we only had 1 defender between them and our goal?

Probably wrong but not seen a replay.

When it comes to giving free kicks away I think the officials are a big problem in the sense we are very tentative in the challenge because we know 99% of the time we'll get a decision go against us. We could have a player shot dead in the box and we wouldn't get a penalty but how many have we had against us already this season, 2? Both decisions we wouldn't have got.  IMO we play the officials most weeks, not an excuse or a gripe, maybe just a reason why we sit off more often than not.

At some points this season he will gain us points single handedly , today wasn't that day . If everyone was as switched on as he was we would have cleared it so not all down to him . On the whole he , like everyone , drops the od teste but he gets us far more points than he costs . If that had gone in in the seventieth minute we wouldn't be so gutted , it's the timing that is the p!553r