Almen Abdi

Such a shame. I just can't see this one ever 'happening'. If he can't stay fit, he needs to go really.

Rotten luck for him and us, but it's got to be costing a bomb all this. Wednesday are getting very little out of it currently, and time is increasingly against it ever paying off as an 'investment'.

He'll be 31 next month. :sad:

It's clear we're never going to see the player we were hoping for, we might as well write him off in terms of making a significant contribution. I just hope he's only on a two year contract but I suspect we signed him for three :duntmatter:

And to be fair to Hinchcliffe and Jonk they were ultra dependable compared to Abdi.

Now Donnelly, O'Donnell and Scott on the other hand...

Going to be honest, I have to question (as i did at the time) why a player who has come back from an operation, still experiencing pain, training 1 or 2 times out of every 3 days, was then played for a full 90 minutes v Bolton (when he was holding his knee periodically after 35 minutes)and hasnt featured due to injury since.  

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Lads finished it's been obvious since we signed him . Really bad bit of business to be fair . Anyways onwards and upwards 

The problem with signing old pros, 29-30+, especially if they've been first teamers  is they are likely to be less robust and injury free. Hopefully we're changing our recruitment over now to signing younger fitter legs. Pity for the lad. I've got knackered knees from over playing when I was younger and work and the doctor just gives me painkillers says rest as it's wear and tear. 

Edited by shezzas left peg