Almen Abdi

17 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

I did until i saw him play, hes shiite!

He's not thou is he, I think Watford knew he coming to the end of his time hence why they were keen to let him go.

Abdi in the form he showed in the EPL the season before we signed him was head and shoulders above anything we had or have at the time.

Edited by Blue and white

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He's not thou is he, I think Watford knew he coming to the end of his time hence why they were keen to let him go.

Abdi in the form he showed in the EPL the season before we signed him was head and shoulders above anything we had or have at the time.

Watford was in the middle of another regime change at the time, no?  

I could fully imagine him not fitting with the new gaffer's mandate.  The "crocked" argument, you'd have to believe that SWFC's medicos wouldn't have detected anything in the physicals required for signing....

I'm amazed how few of our fans seem to realise the importance of a player like Abdi.

I'd have thought it was fairly obvious: he's a first-class injury-sponge. Chance dictates that each club can only suffer so many injuries per season, so if Abdi is hogging 50% of a club's probable injury niggles for an entire season, then that leaves those players who actually play football less likely to suffer a strain or pull. It's simply the law of averages.

Once more clubs realise the importance of this role, they'll all want one. The good news for us is that Abdi is actually one of the best injury-sponges in the business, and as such he'd surely command a huge fee if we decided to sell him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

The thing is , it probably wouldnt make any difference if he WAS fit as it is doubtful Carlos would pick him.

We have just spent two years getting Mattias fit so it might be an idea to now see what he has to offer, but he currently cant even make the bench.

Thats just rubbish ,He has had plenty of chances and was dire on nearly every occasion . 

I am not sure about the procedure for medicals and if players can get through them with injuries but he has never looked 50% of the player everyone was raving about .