Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

42 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

People wanted a centre-half that can play a bit; Mulgrew certainly can. People wanted height; he's 6'3" and good in the air. He's naturally left-sided - which is what we need/want at the back, and is very versatile. Mulgrew would have made a lot of sense last year, and still would this year. Good player. 

I wanted one with a bit of pace :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let's be honest the majority of Scottish players are crap. Scottish league and national team are shocking. 

The national team isn't great but you have to look at individual players. Ours are plenty good enough for the level we're at. 

Mulgrew at centre half strikes of not being able to get any of our first choices over the line by the time the season starts

CC just needs bodies in to cover in case of injuries.

Morrison was first choice but we wouldn't pay and the same seems to be the case with Hanley. Guessing we will be back in for Hanley around deadline day with a season loan offer

This is a proven Chansiri strategy and in my opinion quite a shrewd one.

Think Winnall and Rhodes.

Carlos has made it clear we want two centre halves. We appear to be getting quoted silly prices for our top targets.

We know we cannot afford to go into the season with Pudil at centre half.

Therefore Mulgrew makes perfect sense.

A solid left sided player available for reasonable money.

With Lees, Mulgrew, Hutch and Loovens we are no longer desperate and don't appear to be desperate to the selling club.

We can bide our time until the end of August when the pendulum swings a bit and the selling club (if the player is surplus to requirements) become the desperate ones.

I expect us to sign Mulgrew and then Hanley near the end of August.

Mulgrew then has the advantage of probably becoming our first choice left back.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

9 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Carlos has made it clear we want two centre halves. We appear to be getting quoted silly prices for our top targets.

With Lees, Mulgrew, Hutch and Loovens we are no longer desperate and don't appear to be desperate to the selling club.

We can bide our time until the end of August when the pendulum swings a bit and the selling club (if the player is surplus to requirements) become the desperate ones.

Makes sense.

Guest wilyfox

We can wait for a premium centre-half. We can't wait for cover. Loovens isn't up and running yet, and Sam is only just. Lees is our only fit centre-half. Mulgrew would be a valuable option, in my opinion. 

53 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Good post. 

We need to get Mulgrew signed and stop messing about.

Decent , experienced defender , good on the ball and wouldn't let us down. Also played some big games in front of big crowds so wouldn't have an issue with the big games that come in this league.

Get him in quick and take the pressure off

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Everyone's panicking about the defence. I think we only conceded more than 2 once all last season. 

True, but a heavy contribution to that was the fact the whole team was set up to be strong defensively, so it impeded our attacking credentials

How many times did we score more than 2 last season?