Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Wolves are bidding to sign Southampton striker Sam Gallagher on loan as their summer transfer business continues.

The 21-year-old has been on Wolves' radar for some time and it's understood they're hopeful of pipping several Championship rivals to bring him to Molineux.

Gallagher, 6ft 4in, spent last season on loan at Blackburn Rovers and scored 12 times in 46 appearances – including one against Wolves – in a team that was relegated to League One.

Sign Aden Flint or Harlee Dean to partner Lees or Loovens and bring in Charlie Mulgrew for his versatility, then all we need is a winger or wing back with pace. We could loan in a quality young pacy winger or wing back from the top flight, which would be smart business along with Mulgrew for £1million and Boyd for free. Only position we need to spend big on is for a quality powerful centre back. Ideally I would love us to sign Kyle Bartley but Aden Flint, Harlee Dean or Grant Hanley would be solid partners for Lees or Loovens.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Sign Aden Flint or Harlee Dean to partner Lees or Loovens and bring in Charlie Mulgrew for his versatility, then all we need is a winger or wing back with pace. We could loan in a quality young pacy winger or wing back from the top flight, which would be smart business along with Mulgrew for £1million and Boyd for free. Only position we need to spend big on is for a quality powerful centre back. Ideally I would love us to sign Kyle Bartley but Aden Flint, Harlee Dean or Grant Hanley would be solid partners for Lees or Loovens.

Harlee Dean, Harlee Dean, Harlee Dean, Harlee Dean...

No chance, he'd cost too much... but that's exactly the type of proactive and positive signing that would get us promoted

Fulham have been given a huge boost in their chase for Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo as he has revealed he wants to move to London over anyway else according to a report from journalist Alan Nixon.

The 20-year-old winger is highly rated at Liverpool and has already made a few appearances for the club but he won’t be making his massive breakthrough into the first team there this year. His head coach Jurgen Klopp believes he will be unable to get much time on the pitch and so has decided to loan him out again to make sure he continues his development as a player.

Harlee Dean would be an excellent signing & the type we should be making. A leader, championship experience, relatively good age. 

CB is a high priority & needs to be gotten right. We need to go up this year & need to spend in the correct areas. I don't care if we don't sign another player as long as we get in two centre halves, at least one of which to properly compete for a first 11 spot. 

I don't want it to get to the first few games and have the excuses of not signing a CB of championship experience, 'because they're expensive'.

It has to be done. I don't see a way round it. Especially considering CC has made his position on needing a CB or to desperately, in the media. Clubs know it's a crucial signing for us to make & are gonna have us over a barrel.

Pay the money.

Just now, marcx666 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Flint is actually that good? Harlee Dean , hell yes, I'd love him here, but Flint, nah, unless we pay like 50p and a bag of peanuts or something

No, when it comes to dissing potential targets, you can count on me

As far as Flint is concerned, he's good in the air, but only in the opponents box, as far as the day job is concerned, he's a bit rubbish

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Just make sure not to miss spell Harlee when searching for clips of him... Harley Dean very different! 

We've already got Kieran Lee, so we might as well make a habit of signing players that are easily confused with Muck stars

HOLY HELL I THINK I'VE FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHY WE SIGNED LACHMAN

44 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Flint is actually that good? Harlee Dean , hell yes, I'd love him here, but Flint, nah, unless we pay like 50p and a bag of peanuts or something

Same here mate.  He's never impressed me.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I've seen him mentioned quite a bit on Twitter and Facebook regards to a rumoured bid, along with Mulgrew and Hutton.

We should get him instead of Hanley on loan

Hanley is good, but would just do for "this season"... his wages would be higher, and we'd have to pay at least £1m in loan fees you'd think anyway. Dean would probably cost £5m initially and then promotion add-ons etc yadda yadda yadda, but could be one of our first 3/4 choice CB's for the next 5 years realistically... certainly could partner Lees for as long as we're in the Champ for. Firmly believe Dean could be our Dunk, and we really need a top CB coming in.

A CB pool of

Lees

Dean

Loovens

Hutch

Mulgrew

With the final two both being able to play in midfield and Mulgrew able to fill in at LB is fantastic. Flexibility, class, all with good experience and a good mixture of ages and various leadership qualities there too. That's a defensive pool that gets you promoted. 

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Hanley is good, but would just do for "this season"... his wages would be higher, and we'd have to pay at least £1m in loan fees you'd think anyway. Dean would probably cost £5m initially and then promotion add-ons etc yadda yadda yadda, but could be one of our first 3/4 choice CB's for the next 5 years realistically... certainly could partner Lees for as long as we're in the Champ for. Firmly believe Dean could be our Dunk, and we really need a top CB coming in.

A CB pool of

Lees

Dean

Loovens

Hutch

Mulgrew

With the final two both being able to play in midfield and Mulgrew able to fill in at LB is fantastic. Flexibility, class, all with good experience and a good mixture of ages and various leadership qualities there too. That's a defensive pool that gets you promoted. 

Completely agree, it's a key position, that if we get it right and spend big on a quality centre back to partner Lees or Loovens, it could be the difference between play offs or top 2. Personally I'd love us to go all out for someone of the quality of Bartley or Dean. Both are beasts at this level and capable of playing at a higher level.

A powerful ball playing centre back would be ideal. Allowing Hutchinson to play in midfield alongside Abdi, Lee or Bannan or even allowing us to play more up the pitch without the need for a midfield beast, as Bartley or Dean would be capable of playing it out from the back. Hopefully we will bring in someone of that quality, as I would fancy us to then be able to give top 2 a realistic good go.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

A CB pool of

Lees

Dean

Loovens

Hutch

Mulgrew

Can't argue with that.