HILLSBOROUGH - THE ULTIMATE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY GROUND PHOTO THREAD

8 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Do you not think though that those generic stadiums are all the same, there used to be a day where in a quiz I could name almost every ground from a photo...  With all these modern flat packed stadiums they all seem alike..  I get that there is a huge advantage to a new modern stadium but I really hope we don't get one too soon... Still life in the old girl..

They are all the same because the design works, It's obviously tried and tested now as so many clubs have gone for the same plan over and over again. The question should be how long can we keep the old stadium running as it is.

Most of us had an old car at some stage with loads of character and different from the generic designs, But when the cost of the MOT and the repairs became  extortionate we traded the banger in for a newer model that was more efficient and cheaper to run.... I was going to use the analogy of trading my ex-wife in for a newer model but the divorce isn't done and dusted yet.😏

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Prince said:

They are all the same because the design works, It's obviously tried and tested now as so many clubs have gone for the same plan over and over again. The question should be how long can we keep the old stadium running as it is.

Most of us had an old car at some stage with loads of character and different from the generic designs, But when the cost of the MOT and the repairs became  extortionate we traded the banger in for a newer model that was more efficient and cheaper to run.... I was going to use the analogy of trading my ex-wife in for a newer model but the divorce isn't done and dusted yet.😏

Some good points and a good analogy lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Give me a shiny new stadium with good facilities any day of the week.

Hillsborough is not a good experience any longer (and the football makes it even worse), yet still I renew my ST year after year.

go support someone else then i will still support my owls in a pig sty  been there from 65 and will be there till i die dont need shiny stadium need team to fill one weve got

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

The ground is over 120 years old and it's not the same ground as when it was new. It has always been updated and expanded. I still think it still good  with a bit updating. Just replace the West Stand and the kop and add more facilities. Add more space behind the North with better facilities and that would make all the difference. Then we need to be in the Premier League and all those empty seats would be used.

• Like 2

Apart from a roof on the kop and the south stand exended it looks not much different to what it did for the 66 world cup it's outdated 

We need a modern stadium for the 21st century it's like the team in the 60s still playing in the stadium that was built in 1899

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grumpy grandad said:

go support someone else then i will still support my owls in a pig sty  been there from 65 and will be there till i die dont need shiny stadium need team to fill one weve got

OK thanks for the advice lol

5 hours ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Hillsborough from above 😍. She might be old but she’s gold .give a stadium with character over any modern stadium any day just like Goodison park & Villa Park  a proper all school stadium (👍🏼(get rid of the Chansiri signage though ) 

549281CA-2D41-41C8-88D0-11A258B1E4A2.jpeg

Hang on did you dub out the Presto tools sign or have that actually done something about it? 😮

Love to know where all these brilliant facilities are at all these modern grounds? Toilets at every ground I've ever been to stick of pïss. Bars at every ground I've ever been to are a nightmare to get served at. What more do people want out of a  ground? A pïss n a pint and watch match that's it. Beautiful Hillsborough's reyt enough. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2