HILLSBOROUGH - THE ULTIMATE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY GROUND PHOTO THREAD

28 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Nothing ever beats that feeling of walking up the steps and out onto the wonderful view of our hearty turf.

Ever.

1972 probably, a night match, I was 9.

That brightly lit vivid green is etched into my brain, and it will stay there for as long as I'm alive.

It's why I love this sport and this club, they have lovely grass 

• Like 4

Guest DoesJackHunt

I would prefer a new shiny stadium personally. The Old Girl is exactly that, she’s completely battered and we’ve still got the stigma of what happened with the Hillsborough disaster.

Phoenix Club - Sheffield Super Owls FC

playing at the Microsoft Bowl. That’s what I’m after these days. We would soon get used to it. 
 I’ll still have the memories but most of those from the last 20 odds years are pretty awful to be honest. I’m close my eyes and see James O’Conner sprinting around midfield like he’s running in treacle. 

let’s start again, I vote Shwexit. 

2 hours ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Hillsborough from above .she’s old but she’s gold give me our Rust bucket over any modern stadium any day.a stadium with character along with the likes of Goodison park a proper old  school ground  👍🏼( get rid of the Chansiri signage though ) 

6883E631-EB5C-4598-B5F9-D2B13D7B4729.jpeg

4 stands , non of them match ,seating put in places it was not  designed for ,a triangle that is never/will be used , The North with its garbage narrow concourses ,wheel barrows and rubbish strewn underneath, The West a complete embarrassment on the eye with 4 massive pillars supporting an ill thought out  20ft roof extension ,not to mention the shabby  paint peeling roof

As for the kop ....what can you say !

Old Girl ??? ...don't make me laugh 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Garryswfcowl72
28 minutes ago, the monk said:

4 stands , non of them match ,seating put in places it was not  designed for ,a triangle that is never/will be used , The North with its garbage narrow concourses ,wheel barrows and rubbish strewn underneath, The West a complete embarrassment on the eye with 4 massive pillars supporting an ill thought out  20ft roof extension ,not to mention the shabby  paint peeling roof

As for the kop ....what can you say !

Old Girl ??? ...don't make me laugh 

Well aren’t you a joy 🤷🏻🙄

Time to move to a new stadium given the chance. We don't need 20k plus empty seats every other week in an old rusting outdated ground. It must cost a fortune to maintain and that's probably why it's fell into such a state of disrepair. 

Some great memories but it will always be where a disaster claimed so many lives. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Prince said:

Time to move to a new stadium given the chance. We don't need 20k plus empty seats every other week in an old rusting outdated ground. It must cost a fortune to maintain and that's probably why it's fell into such a state of disrepair. 

Some great memories but it will always be where a disaster claimed so many lives. 

20k+?

This year we've averaged around 20k, so even then there's only around 18k empty seats. Go up into Championship and then there's around 23k average, do well there and they'll be around 24k average. If we ever go up again to the Premier League, attendances will verge on 30k and big games could sell out.

Yeah there's a few more seats empty now at the moment than we all want, but the club's response should be to entice fans here, not just get rid of seats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

20k+?

This year we've averaged around 20k, so even then there's only around 18k empty seats. Go up into Championship and then there's around 23k average, do well there and they'll be around 24k average. If we ever go up again to the Premier League, attendances will verge on 30k and big games could sell out.

Yeah there's a few more seats empty now at the moment than we all want, but the club's response should be to entice fans here, not just get rid of seats.

Being fair we have had thousands of empty seats for 20 odd years. We don't need a ground for the Premier league for the minute we need a solution like MK dons have where they can expand the capacity as they try and grew supporters moving up the leagues.

I have enjoyed some fabulous times at Hillsborough but its a relic now that needs a fortune spending on it to get it anywhere near modern stadium standards, If we get the chance move to a modern stadium I would  welcome it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Being fair we have had thousands of empty seats for 20 odd years. We don't need a ground for the Premier league for the minute we need a solution like MK dons have where they can expand the capacity as they try and grew supporters moving up the leagues.

I have enjoyed some fabulous times at Hillsborough but its a relic now that needs a fortune spending on it to get it anywhere near modern stadium standards, If we get the chance move to a modern stadium I would  welcome it.

Do you not think though that those generic stadiums are all the same, there used to be a day where in a quiz I could name almost every ground from a photo...  With all these modern flat packed stadiums they all seem alike..  I get that there is a huge advantage to a new modern stadium but I really hope we don't get one too soon... Still life in the old girl..

• Like 3