HILLSBOROUGH - THE ULTIMATE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY GROUND PHOTO THREAD

8 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's one of the best photos I've seen of the ground, don't recall seeing it before.  Interesting to see the covered crows nest terrace.  If you do nothing else today you have cemented your standing as having the finest fans forum in the country. 

You weren't watching us in 1961-2 or 1962-3 then.  Or at least you weren't buying programmes.  

That was the cover photo we had for all home games.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/06/2022 at 10:30, Guest said:

When you see the ground like that why in gods name would people want to move, its a thing of beauty 

I was born and raised in Edinburgh, my old man took me along to Tynecastle to see Hearts so I’ve no connection with Sheffield never mind The Owls but please never leave this ground It’s quite simply beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wheatfield Stand Owl said:

I was born and raised in Edinburgh, my old man took me along to Tynecastle to see Hearts so I’ve no connection with Sheffield never mind The Owls but please never leave this ground It’s quite simply beautiful.

I have a mate from Edinburgh who supports Hearts (and us), met him at Armadale watching the speedway (he was wearing an Owls shirt so I thought he was one from Sheffield !).he ended up getting a season ticket next to me on the kop (he doesn't come to every match tho ) !

• Love 1

3 hours ago, brian joicey said:

I have a mate from Edinburgh who supports Hearts (and us), met him at Armadale watching the speedway (he was wearing an Owls shirt so I thought he was one from Sheffield !).he ended up getting a season ticket next to me on the kop (he doesn't come to every match tho ) !

I’m not surprised he doesn’t get to many games thats some commitment travelling from Edinburgh to Sheffield 👍

• Like 1

On 02/01/2017 at 05:50, mattitheowl said:

I think the difficulty is that when building a stadium you want the most seats per area of space in the ground.  invariably that leads to a bowl shape.  Sadly it doesn't lead to the best atmosphere.

You can stick ya bowl shaped look alike monstrosities for me. I like the footprint of our ground and others of a similar ilk. There  are may be one or two  changes that I would demand

a standing area  and seats that appear smaller now my bums got bigger

• Like 1