HILLSBOROUGH - THE ULTIMATE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY GROUND PHOTO THREAD

9 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

For a few short years we finally had the covered all standing Spion Kop that we had craved for years. The atmosphere on there in the Atkinson/Francis years was frequently amazing.

B22D2364-D87C-439C-9D80-3FDBA6592EA3.jpeg

Has anyone got a picture of the other corner left hand as you look at it, where the wall was.  Dad used to hold me on there when I first went and have never seen a photo of it. 

Guest hirstysfags

Seeing the overhead shots, it shows how in proportion the stands are. Unlike places like Elland Road where it is hugely lopsided.

I hope Hillsborough hardly ever changes. Just the odd bit of tarting up here and there. Doesn't need modernising, just cleaning, in essence.

Guest hirstysfags
47 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Apart from at Blackburn when they tried to quieten us......

Got ******** wet through that night. Loved it!!

My favourite days and stand - around 8 of us used to stand up near the top left. Used to be great getting in after a session in the Travellers, eating a pie walking up the steps which seemed to go on forever as the players came out. 

Hirst header against Man U - everyone just went mad - bodies all over. Remember Viv Anderson's late headed winner against West Ham - we all inhaled trying to suck the ball in - it worked.

Cup Winners.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Animis said:

My favourite days and stand - around 8 of us used to stand up near the top left. Used to be great getting in after a session in the Travellers, eating a pie walking up the steps which seemed to go on forever as the players came out. 

Hirst header against Man U - everyone just went mad - bodies all over. Remember Viv Anderson's late headed winner against West Ham - we all inhaled trying to suck the ball in - it worked.

Cup Winners.jpg

That's such a great photo and amazing quality and colours

Owlstalk Shop

On 05/01/2017 at 02:52, M Royds said:

That photo is a thing of beauty and I don't think its a soulless bowel. We would've given it soul.

I agree. Anything but soul less. The quality of the north stand is still so easy to see as it still doesn't look outdated. The Taylor plan was to extend the cantilever all the way around the ground. Shame it never happened. The disaster would never have happened with this stadium. (not that i blame the ground). Unfortunately its a stain we never going to be rid of.