HILLSBOROUGH - THE ULTIMATE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY GROUND PHOTO THREAD

Guest Wednesdayjohn
6 hours ago, eightbelow said:

Love this one most of all, reminds me of the early 80's on that cold, open and wet kop! Having said that I have no idea when it was taken.

I would think late 60s as the neon lighting all worked on this picture. By the 70s it would say HEFLD EDNDY

On 14/01/2022 at 13:58, musingowl said:

Harsh on both fronts.

House properties in S6 are above the average for Sheffield and rising.

Retail units popping up all the time both big name (afformentioned retail park) and some brilliant independent bars, cafes and restaurants).

It's a main route for all local public transport (tram and bus) and 2 duel carriageways leading to it from North and south straight off the M1.

Parking around the ground is also way more ample than what is available at the majority of new builds, as access by car isn't a major priority. Problem is people seem obsessed on parking east of the stadium rather than to the west.

Vast majority of what you say is spot on, but remember we are a Sheffield based club. Unless you wanna ask Meadowhall retail Park if we can put a pop up stadium in there, or build a huge road infrastructure around Dore and Totley, it's as good as you could get.

I’d rather sandpaper my own nipples off than have a ground on a soulless retail park. 

Guest Musttryharder
On 05/05/2022 at 19:03, xploreowl said:

I’d rather sandpaper my own nipples off than have a ground on a soulless retail park. 

The thought really makes me wince.

21 hours ago, Baldrick said:

F22F9F2D-82CB-4C54-A8CE-95BB11499515.jpeg

When you see the ground like that why in gods name would people want to move, its a thing of beauty 

On 01/01/2017 at 15:09, mattitheowl said:

What year was the new South Stand done?  I think I can remember it being done but not sure if I'm dreaming it.  It was right around the time I started going.  I sat on the North when it had wood seats but also sat in the top of the South when it was the family stand and all very new and shiny.

1996 I think.

2 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Get your own picture stop stealing mine I had to walk up back of kop to take that

If I had a pound for every time somebody - whether that's random fans, people on social media, or even newspapers - used my panoramic shot from the Wycombe promotion game, I'd probably have enough cash to be able to fill the car with petrol. Well, maybe last week I would've had enough to fill the car with petrol...

42 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

If I had a pound for every time somebody - whether that's random fans, people on social media, or even newspapers - used my panoramic shot from the Wycombe promotion game, I'd probably have enough cash to be able to fill the car with petrol. Well, maybe last week I would've had enough to fill the car with petrol...

I took a few while on my prematch routine mainly just to remind myself of where I had to go and turn all different lights on for games

Also I take it you only have a small car then lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

I took a few while on my prematch routine mainly just to remind myself of where I had to go and turn all different lights on for games

Also I take it you only have a small car then lol

Yeah, it's tiny.