Abdi

Jowl

47 minutes ago, Reyt Part Timer said:

Aye, they all look at least decent and cover for each other.  I thought Bannan made some uncharacteristic mistakes today and it was not one of his better games in my view.  Abdi was competent but did not add anything.  For me Lee is first CM on the team sheet at the moment.  Crucial contributions to the team all the time.  Jones I have not seen enough of to decide and was not really aware of him before we signed him.

Agreed...Lee is the man and makes us tick

Formation was utterly wrong today

Abdi gets the ball, what's he going to do with it? All 5 of our midfielders were occupying 15 yards of space in the middle, said it too many times now but got to get some width and wingers who want to run in behind, especially at home 

Fear Abdi might be one ( along with Fletcher ) who despite being one of the best players in the league, might suffer a bit with the style we're trying to play 

Looks like Carlos is accommodating him at the moment looks a tidy player at times but created very little , fact is we looked much more balanced when he went off and Hooper came on . 

Not convinced about him so far , his pedigree is good but Bannan and Lee are better IMO . 

2 hours ago, Jowl said:

Not quite working for him yet, is it. 

The formation today was ideal for him - yet she showed little. 

Can only get better. 

So that's the problem??

In seriousness, I'm not sure where he's going to fit in. He's not going to play regularly as a no10, only in tougher away games (where he should be very effective). We need two strikers at home, so if he can't play as a 2 in CM then I can only see him coming on when we need to push for a goal. He can play CM but will Carlos play him there? Not quite sure what Carlos' plans for Abdi are right now, with Reach coming in he's clearly not going to be forced out wide luckily.

Edited by swfc-dan

Abdi is very very tidy and hasn't don'e anything wrong.

For me though, others have still done better so far.  That's all.   

I'l go further, others HAVE made mistakes and still been a little more effective than Abdi so far, BUT it's early in the season and Abdi still has to find his feet.

I'm sure he will become a firm favourite and become more effective as the season progresses.