Abdi

Jowl

Line up was -

....................Westwood

Palmer.....Lees.....Hutch.....Pudil

...........Lee...............Bannan

Wallace.......Abdi..............Fessi

...................Fletcher

Then when he swapped Hooper for Abdi we went more 4 4 2 although Hooper played slightly deeper than Fletcher, No idea why anybody would think otherwise?

I thought the general performance was good again with chances created but we just need to take more of those chances and make the right decisions.

Tuesday id bring Hunt for Palmer, Reach for Wallace & Jones for Bannan to start with.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

Line up was -

....................Westwood

Palmer.....Lees.....Hutch.....Pudil

...........Lee...............Bannan

Wallace.......Abdi..............Fessi

...................Fletcher

Then when he swapped Hooper for Abdi we went more 4 4 2 although Hooper played slightly deeper than Fletcher, No idea why anybody would think otherwise?

I thought the general performance was good again with chances created but we just need to take more of those chances and make the right decisions.

Tuesday id bring Hunt for Palmer, Reach for Wallace & Jones for Bannan to start with.

its not what it looked like or where abdi played tbh

FF was more up front and this pushed AA wide

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Guys , come on. A bit o' time, please for Abdi and other lads. 

Taken Fletcher a while to get going and he's also had Scotland games to get sharper

With no loan market, we need 18 real quality players and we are not far short.

6 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Well you can obviously but after yesterdays performance ?? 

Almost everything we created involved Lee and Baz .

Any many of there counter attacks came from there lost possession or bad balls. Sorry but true.

not putting them down, but don't forget Wembley, sometimes you need to change the system. nobody including FF if better players or more inform players are available 

16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Even though Lee and Bannan were excellent yesterday?

13 hours ago, Chris Akabusi said:

No they weren't 

Just rewatched. Lee and Bannan were at the heart of so much good attacking play.

Bannan's pass to Fletch for the goal.

Bannan's pass to Wallace for what should have been should have been a simple finish.

Lee's pass for FF's goal.

Lee's tackle and pass to Wallace for his shot just past the far post.

Lee's cushioned header for Hooper's overhead kick.

What did you think was lacking with their contribution?

11 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

Any many of there counter attacks came from there lost possession or bad balls. Sorry but true.

not putting them down, but don't forget Wembley, sometimes you need to change the system. nobody including FF if better players or more inform players are available 

Thats why you will see Jones , Lee and Bannan as the nucleus of the midfield this season when all are fit , I am convinced of that . 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Thats why you will see Jones , Lee and Bannan as the nucleus of the midfield this season when all are fit , I am convinced of that . 

So that must be why we spent over £4 million on a player to be a sub. I'm not convinced of that. Sorry I don't know how to use bold letters:ph34r:

Abdi didn't have the confidence to take on the situation with what he's supposed to be about and that is creating chances. At one nil down this was a niggle, 1-1 he took it back to basics and kept the ball moving - Hardly anything to worry about at that point.

Think he left Bannan and Lee to play the part of chasing the game and taking it to Wigan, This annoyed the hell out of me.

People picked up on this where I was sat also. Not up for the fight at the min am affraid. I can accept his performance Sat cos we won, But combine that with his effort against Leeds and i will be unhappy if Jones doesn't go straight back in against Bristol,

Reach will start Tues as well for definite and from what little he did Buckley looks very close for me,

We must have had a plan of how we might incorporate him into the side this season. In fact, you'd have thought we should be looking to build the side around him, allowing him to dictate games from a central position. Yet to be totally convinced that any of the midfield permutations so far, actually do this. Very good player, but at the moment he seems to pose more questions than answers

38 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Looked more effective in the central role and will only get better.

By xmas we will be looking back on this thread in disbelief...believe you me :manager:lol

For what we paid for him, we better be. Don't think there is a problem with Abdi, it's just trying to find the right blend that gets the best out of him

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

For what we paid for him, we better be. Don't think there is a problem with Abdi, it's just trying to find the right blend that gets the best out of him

i agree ....its not so hard to sign good players (if you have the money)its fitting them into how you want to play thats the difficult bit  and dont think carlos as quite cracked that yet .

45 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This will be another send Hooper back tonight threads, trust me we'll laugh at this in weeks and months to come.

The vast majority have posts are a bit different to send Hooper back ones. More so, the state that there's more to come from Abdi and that he has much more in his locker than keeping the game ticking over.