Abdi

Jowl

It's startling to come for him. He was always showing and moving the ball first half and was the best player on the pitch. It doesn't help when there is no width in the team as we were so narrow and he had limited options when in possession. His best performance yet in a Wednesday shirt. 

Abdi seems to me like the sort of player who, given a bit of time and a couple of nice confidence boosts – goals, assists, maybe even a song – will really bed in and be a proper asset.

Far too early to start querying his starting place just yet IMO. It's great that everyone in our midfield needs to stay on their toes place-wise, but Abdi is so tailor-made for our play style, he's almost bound to look a bit anonymous at times.

I predict that after a dozen or so games to settle, he could well end up a bit like Lee in that regard – not saying they're similar players; just that, like Lee, Abdi could be one of those players who slots in so seamlessly that you often forget they're there, doing a crucial job but somewhat under the radar.

Fingers crossed, anyway. I'd like to see him given more time and a few stats under his belt before we worry about him.

Edited by Mr. Tom