Abdi

Jowl

Aye, they all look at least decent and cover for each other.  I thought Bannan made some uncharacteristic mistakes today and it was not one of his better games in my view.  Abdi was competent but did not add anything.  For me Lee is first CM on the team sheet at the moment.  Crucial contributions to the team all the time.  Jones I have not seen enough of to decide and was not really aware of him before we signed him.

1 hour ago, robster_owl said:

Just read he was the only one today with 100% pass completion.

100% of his one passes?

There was a 5 minute patch where I just watched him in the first half, and all he did was spin on his heels watching the ball pass him by in all directions.  It seemed that his inclusion pushed Bannan back into a more defensive role which didn't suit him and it left Fletcher isolated as Abdi din't seem to be going past him.

He didn't have a bad game, he just didn't do anything.

Just not bothered...

Wow. And I thought that he was Motm today. Kept the midfield tight and was really surprised when he came off. He put some great challenges in and didnt give the ball away once. Thought he was key to everything today, the attacking moves went through him and he linked the midfield up with the attack. Maybe I dreamt it, or people just dont notice him. Looks a right battler to me.

22 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He's a playmaker but so is Bannan, and we one really need one playing that role in the side or the balance isn't right.

Thought they were trying to occupy the same areas too much which is why we looked better when he went off.

But Bannan made play after play, and Abdi made none.

Given that a CM place is hard to earn this season, he didn't earn one for Tuesday. Bannan and Lee absolutely did.

Just now, Holmowl said:

But Bannan made play after play, and Abdi made none.

Given that a CM place is hard to earn this season, he didn't earn one for Tuesday. Bannan and Lee absolutely did.

Agreed.

It's Bannan's place to lose after that showing. 

What do you expect when he's not had a decent run there? Instead, Carlos keeps picking his "favouries" who seem to be undroppable no matter how vvank they play. Mark my words our best CM pairing is Abdi and Jones. I love Kieran Lee and Barry Bannam but there's no room for sentiment in football. Besides, both still have a massive role to play, after all it's a squad game nowadays

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Maybe if Carlos played players in their right positions they would look more useful 

Too right. How's life on the left wing, JOC? 

A little surprised at this tbh, I thought he played really well today.  Looked much more comfortable in the middle, played some lovely little passes to help us keep possession higher up the pitch.  Gave me a lot of confidence that he could be a really good signing for us after looking wasted on the left side.

1 minute ago, OneDavidHirst said:

What do you expect when he's not had a decent run there? Instead, Carlos keeps picking his "favouries" who seem to be undroppable no matter how vvank they play. Mark my words our best CM pairing is Abdi and Jones. I love Kieran Lee and Barry Bannam but there's no room for sentiment in football. Besides, both still have a massive role to play, after all it's a squad game nowadays

Im not sentimental in the slightest. Bannan played well. Lee was outstanding. Abdi was poor. Therefore it's easy to choose two from 3 for Tuesday night.

And boy I hope it is only 3. We look a static and awkward side with 3 CMs. 

Just now, Holmowl said:

Im not sentimental in the slightest. Bannan played well. Lee was outstanding. Abdi was poor. Therefore it's easy to choose two from 3 for Tuesday night.

And boy I hope it is only 3. We look a static and awkward side with 3 CMs. 

Totally. It just doesn't work with too many players trying to play the same role. 

Very static at times in the first half.

8 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Lee was MOTM for me today.  To drop him would be an outrage!

Just not bothered...

Just now, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

100% pass completion today, outstanding, got the ball, always available for a pass, moved it forward never tried to do anything flash or difficult. Easy ball every time. I thought he had a really good game and not once did he put us under pressure. Very clever player

100% of how many though?  It's not a good stat if it's only 1 pass!

Just not bothered...