David Jones

Guest Arnold

Westwood

Hunt         Lees        Hutchinson         pudil

Jones

Lee                   bannnan

Abdi      

Fletcher/Hooper         Fessi

Find if strange that he has told all to a newspaper before it is announced.

I have to say though, I think it is a great signing and just what we need in midfield for away games and the games against the bigger teams.

I think it takes away the need to buy another winger too as Wallace will probably drop out.

A centre half and a left back and I reckon we are set for the season. 

As people have said, it's difficult to see who would be benched to accommodate him. Wallace is suggested but he is one of the few outlets we have. 

We we have a very good midfield in terms of dominating possession and we now have the link between back four and midfield. But in our first two games, this patient style of play hasn't created too many clear cut chances or really stretched the opposition. Not yet anyway.

33 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Westwood

Hunt         Lees        Hutchinson         pudil

Jones

Lee                   bannnan

Abdi      

Fletcher/Hooper         Fessi

That Iooks one of the strongest teams in the Championship to me..

Gives the full backs even more license if we've got someone sat in the middle like Jones. Bannan did a good job at Norwich but he's more effective when he can get more involved. If Wallace drops out, as you'd expect, then Jones takes over set pieces.

He's another solid piece. Loads of experience. Fits into our style of play. I'm in.

Was going to post a formation, but we have so many options it would take 3 hours for anyone to read the whole post.

We have some fantastic squad depth now. A left back and a centre back and we are completely sorted. If those signings are permanents (which I doubt) it would be great if the players could be below 23. With so many experienced payers the opportunity for young players to develop in this team is immense.

Excellent signing.

Will add a bit of experience and know how in the centre of the pitch.

Anyone who thinks its a poor signing based on his age doesn't really understand it takes far more than a super striker or a fancy winger to win a football match.

Gray and Vokes grabbed the limelight at Burnley last season, but to win games you need to first win the midfield. Jones and Joey Barton did just that on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Was going to post a formation, but we have so many options it would take 3 hours for anyone to read the whole post.

We have some fantastic squad depth now. A left back and a centre back and we are completely sorted. If those signings are permanents (which I doubt) it would be great if the players could be below 23. With so many experienced payers the opportunity for young players to develop in this team is immense.

If we play our top 4 mids in the same midfield, we wouldn't have a winger on the pitch.

Puts a big onus on our fullbacks to provide width.

Would prefer someone with more end product than Hunt  

Edited by Beholder