David Jones

Guest Arnold

10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

If we play our top 4 mids in the same midfield, we wouldn't have a winger on the pitch.

Puts a big onus on our fullbacks to provide width.

Would prefer someone with more end product than Hunt  

agree with this. My worry about the full backs effectively playing wing backs is other teams will do their homework and play wingers and exploit the gaps. I think defending is Hunt's weak point anyway without putting this at more risk. 

You'd normally see three CHs or someone sat in front with wing backs, which is maybe what DJ is being lined up to do. However, our strength at the back is the two CHs work good close together. They may end up spending more time cover the full back positions; getting stretched.

The fact that we've bought a first-team premier league midfielder, who was in the starting 11 for Burnley last week says a lot.

He may not be a particularly eye-catching transfer or a 'big name' but he has EVERYTHING we need for that position.

Wow.  All our signings seem so random and from the leftfield but when you analyse them - they invariably represent insane value for money vs the silly money being thrown about.  

"David Jones?   What about him?  He's played 112 Prem games and been promoted 4 times with 3 separate clubs.  Yes but he's a Premier League starter, why would he leave?  Heard he has a release clause and is a lifelong SWFC supporter.  We can pick him up for just under 2m".

Go get!

I love this club at the moment.  Please don't let me down with a stupid result at Burton tonight.