Abdi from Watford?

Okay. So I just read a tweet from Miles Jacobsen saying he is sorry to see Abdi sign for us but wishes him the best of luck.

Miles is the owner/founder of Football Manager so he basically owns football and will have all the transfers on his computer. So, on that basis it is quite obvious the deal is done!

5 hours ago, Morepork said:

Haven't we seen all this before with Hooper though.... chill lolHell, we even made a meal of Bannan's new contract, people on here we're convinced he was leaving and that the end of the world was nigh. Literally every signing we've made under the new regime has been protracted and the more high profile the signing the longer it's taken, it's how we roll. 

Thats true, but more likely because we're actually buying proper players for real sums of money

28 minutes ago, mrgund said:

Okay. So I just read a tweet from Miles Jacobsen saying he is sorry to see Abdi sign for us but wishes him the best of luck.

Miles is the owner/founder of Football Manager so he basically owns football and will have all the transfers on his computer. So, on that basis it is quite obvious the deal is done!

Just checked his Twitter, can you post evidence mrgund

6 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Heard from a source Pudil & Abdi done. Crossing i's and dotting t's on a third signing for surprise release at the press conference/ photo shoot.

Still think we might be trying to sign abdi's close friend & neighbour Joel Ekstrand . He has still to find a club and we are a bit short of cover at the back.

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/06/almen-abdi-sad-to-see-joel-ekstrand-leave-watford/

6 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I'm resigned to the fact that this deal won't happen.  Deals do not take this long after Medicals.  There will be some very upset people on here when he goes elsewhere!!

Yeah cos' they usually get announced at 1am...don't use razor blades too messy

7 hours ago, owler66 said:

In my day the news was spread by a Star billboard Ian Mellor signs for a £100,000,buy the Star stood with Big Jack and a fish happy days lol

My favourite Star billboard notification was "Owls Go For Ritchie" ! 

An obscene price of 40 grand at the time, but it was days until I stopped smiling. That header off the underside of the bar to beat the Blunts at their place from David Ford's long cross though.....(McCalliog made sure but he didn't need to.....aaah the memories!)

Back on post..have we signed them yet, and are we getting McGoldrick?

P.s. for young Owls, Gentleman John Ritchie was a bit of an old fashioned centre forward who was quite good...