Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

I trust DC and CC will get the recruitment right this summer.

They've seen what's needed to be a top 6 side and they've also seen what's needed to go that bit further. This season will have been good experience for them both and we will get it right next season I'm sure.

It will be interesting to see how many of the new signings will be starters. I can't see us bringing in any more than half a dozen players, with perhaps only two of them being starters. I think the back five will likely remain intact, with only a couple of back ups signed. Midfield and up front are the areas where we need to strengthen the starting eleven. I'm thinking, a midfield enforcer, and a striker to play alongside Hooper/Forestieri. That does throw up a few questions then, will we go to a midfield three, or will Bannan go wide? I don't think we could contemplate leaving Lee or Bannan out. If Bannan goes wide left in a 4-4-2 system, he'll play narrow so we'd need someone who'd stay wide on the opposite wing.

That permutation would probably mean that it would have to be, a new striker plus Forestieri OR Hooper up front. Obviously, it's about having as many options as one can in the squad, but don't expect too many new faces in the starting line up.

If the new signings aren't starters we'll likely end up roughly where we did this season. To

Improve you need to sign better than you have so your starters become replacements, then they become not even good enough for the bench etc etc.

If the new signings aren't starters we'll likely end up roughly where we did this season. To

Improve you need to sign better than you have so your starters become replacements, then they become not even good enough for the bench etc etc.

Maybe, and of course all players are replaceable, but when you look at the side and think about what changes might be made, realistically it won't be many. As I said, I don't think we'll touch the back five, assuming Pudil signs. Bannan and Lee should fill a couple of the midfield places, with Forestieri either out wide, or up front. That's only going to leave a couple of places, three at the most, a midfield enforcer and a new striker. We know that these were the two positions Carlos was looking at in the last window.

To be fair, I think that's exactly what's needed, plus a couple of back up defenders, a back up midfielder and a game changing winger from the bench

Edited by gurujuan

Maybe, and of course all players are replaceable, but when you look at the side and think about what changes might be made, realistically it won't be many. As I said, I don't think we'll touch the back five, assuming Pudil signs. Bannan and Lee should fill a couple of the midfield places, with Forestieri either out wide, or up front. That's only going to leave a couple of places, three at the most, a midfield enforcer and a new striker. We know that these were the two positions Carlos was looking at in the last window.

To be fair, I think that's exactly what's needed, plus a couple of back up defenders, a back up midfielder and a game changing winger from the bench

Can't agree with you there guru... I don't think Loovens can last another 46 game season and he's losing some of his already limited pace in his age. We really need another younger CB to partner Lees and let the captain be our third choice, where we know we've got a real quality backup if we need him. Nowt against the guy, because you can see how much he sures up the defence... but I wouldn't want to start next season with Lees and Loovens as our two best CBs because I don't think he can manage two games a week for most of the season without a break. It's a shame but I'd rather be safe than sorry

What we missed this season was a bit of cohesion in the first half dozen games, a few draws from games we should have won, dropping points to bottom of the table teams and not beating teams in the top six.

However, we have had a tight defence and have scored a lot of goals.

So do I know what is needed this season? Do I F. But I do believe it is tweaking rather than wholesale change.

Edited by OxonOwl

Football is a squad game and I feel like we need a few plan Bs. Our squad is a little one dimensional so I feel we need some different kinds of players that we can use to help us in different situations like:

A targetman that can link play and also score to play up front with either Hooper or Forestieri (having to play GH and FF upfront together does not work, I'm not convince Hooper is consistent enough to fire us to promotion);

a strong, dynamic central midielder that can break up play but also use the ball well (Lee, Bannan and Lopez have been great but we can struggle to create and retain the ball sometimes. Our midfield can be a little 1 dimensional)

a fast, direct winger that can commit and beat defenders and stretch play (Wallace has done well but can be inconsistent, we can struggle to score against well organised defenses)

A totally dominant centre half (our struggles against Madine showed that our classy defenders can struggle against a big lad).

On top of that we need a left back and possibly a right back, cover at centre half, maybe another winger (will Matias and Sougou make it?) for the squad.

On top of that we need a left back and possibly a right back, cover at centre half, maybe another winger (will Matias and Sougou make it?) for the squad.

I'm interested to see what Matias can become, but Sougou looked good in his first two games and gash ever since, suspect he'll be off this summer.