Fans don't deserve this

So you wouldn't go yo one of the biggest games in our history, if not the biggest, because you were asked to pay £43 against Bristol?

I think Reading is arguing the principle of the thing..So I reckon..yea he would stay away..as would others...for the same reason..

What Wednesday need to look at is..the divergence of loyalty and business...cos there is a divide.

Some fans who followed them through the 70's...and through the last 2 decades of f.ook all bar disappointment , feel that they are now being disenfranchised by hikes in prices...You can whitter on about the £"20 tonight, but the season ticket price hikes?....Well they upset a lot of long standing supporters who paid out when it was abject crap.

I'm sure there are supporters of the club, on this forum, and in general that have put far more cash into the club than some fans who are slagging them off for not attending, on here at the moment..its a cumulative thing....

It seems Reading we will see you when DC has done one then and we're back on the court steps, albeit lapping up the cheaper tickets and watching the Jon Beswetherick's of this world.

A few fans paying 40 quid to potg isn't paying for FF and hooper ya daft sausage.

Arsenal fans were rewarded for loyalty to club same as ours were.

Both clubs have to come to an agreement over prices for cup games.

Season ticket holders and members were given discount and rightly so.

I know.

And, I wasn't.

Of course season ticket holders were rewarded. They get priority for important games too - quite right.

Did many attend tonight from Arsenal - as a matter of interest?

Mid weeks always tricky. People work or have work the next day and living out of Sheffield night matches are a no no with the travel and lateness of getting home for work etc.

I was going to start a seperate thread about this. Me and my lad live 9 miles away in Aston. It took us an hour to get into Hillsborough due to traffic. It took us nearly an hour to get home. He is 8 and at school tomorrow so it's irritating that it takes that long.

There are 20 sets of traffic lights between park side road and parkway, always, always on red.

We went to Derby a few seasons ago and got home quicker than some of our home games.

I'm going to email highways dept tomorrow to vent my spline. Anyone else and there a few thou making the same journey down penistone road please also feel free to do so. Idiotic that the lights cannot favour the volume of traffic at peak times.

God help us when we get int premier league!!!

Its not very often i agree with Reading but i do tonight.

You know what i said to my dad many years ago, i can not believe you dont go to every game anymore and he said he coudlnt be bothered. He has followed wednesday for 50 years and before that point he went home and away no matter who we played.

I also used to go to every game as soon as i was old enough to go and pay myself, wouldnt miss a trip!!! couple the fact we have had to watch absolute dross for 20 years in decline with a club who lets be honest didnt give a roger about the fans with the sudden sharp increase in prices at the first sight of any chance of success was enough for me to say enough is enough.

When they announced the pricing i decided that my money was better spent on taking out my 3 kids at the weekend, could i afford the prices? yep, did i think it was right? no, could i give my family more fun doing other things? most certainly.

I imagine i am far from the only one who thought this, it now doesnt matter how well we are playing or if its a cheaper game, i am now out of the habit of going and tbh im not bothered that much.and i never thought i would say that.

Just come along to a couple of games and you'll soon be hooked again.

This team is best we've had in years.

Even when we're not playing particularly well like tonight games are still entertaining with lots of goal mouth action.

Embarrassing to see the manager charging up and down the touchline, trying his bestest to get the crowd to pipe up. We nearly dropped points tonight and the uninspiring atmosphere around Hillsborough would have contributed to that. North stand was asleep all game, Kop was slightly more awake in the second half. Can't believe how bad the atmosphere is for a team pushing towards promotion. Wake up before we undermine the positives set by Chansiri and Carlos.

It seems Reading we will see you when DC has done one then and we're back on the court steps, albeit lapping up the cheaper tickets and watching the Jon Beswetherick's of this world.

TBH - I have no wish to meet half of you lot on here (there I've said it).

A lot of you have nothing in common with me - you're not the Wednesday I grew up with.

I've got loads of Wednesdayites as acquaintances - don't know any like you lot.

I must be getting old.

Shambolic attendance. Can't defend it. There are meant to be 'thousands priced out' and wanting twentys plenty. Twenty quid ticket comes & we've lost once at home all season, scoring poo poo loads. And what happens? roger all.

I literally cannot go into the next steering group meeting and preach for cheap tickets if our fans can't be arsed. 

Why not preach for cheap tickets on a Saturday against a top side in May?

There will be excuses tonight, didn't finish work on time, to cold, wife was going out, kids were poorly.

Why don't we just be honest .... A lot of them moaning about ticket prices just can't be arsed.

Oh yeah, there will be the "I'm saving my money for the Leeds game" chestnut as well.

Pathetic.

Just come along to a couple of games and you'll soon be hooked again.

This team is best we've had in years.

Even when we're not playing particularly well like tonight games are still entertaining with lots of goal mouth action.

I know what your saying mate but im enjoying the time spent with the wife and kids at the weekend, its just the habit has now changed and maybe it should have earlier with my responsibility, its just the prices pretty much consolidated it for me.

Im sure at some point i will get the bug again but it just isnt there atm no matter how good we are, i get excited still watching the goals etc but just dont miss it.

I traveled up and down the country having much more fun away than at home games but i do think we should have been rewarded after 20 plus years of patience. i know he wants to get a return and i know football is more a business now!!! i guess thats one of the main reasons i am falling out of love watching the game.

Shambolic attendance. Can't defend it. There are meant to be 'thousands priced out' and wanting twentys plenty. Twenty quid ticket comes & we've lost once at home all season, scoring poo poo loads. And what happens? roger all.

I literally cannot go into the next steering group meeting and preach for cheap tickets if our fans can't be arsed.

Bore off. People have lives commitments and have just had to go an extra week until payday, when you grow up and enter the real world you might understand some more. Another concept that I imagine is alien to you as well, some fans might actually have other interests and perhaps just don't fancy going. Ive got a season ticket but I'm pig sick of people banging on about people not going, it's got sod all to you do with you

Edited by james o connor

Not up their with Flying Owls 'tough ****' post but again the steering group showing some real class.

A one off 20 pound game on a Tuesday night in January against Bolton and we're all meant to make the effort because the club have been shafting fans at every chance all season?

You're all showing exactly why ticket prices should be as high as they are

You're moaning because it's too expensive yet when it's cheap you won't go because it's expensive 90% of the time.

What does that show the chairman? It shows that even when it's cheap the fans won't go, so what's the logical thing to do? KEEP PRICES HIGH

Why is it shambolic support when it is the second best in the division?

If you can't support realistic pricing then with no disrespect I think you should not be on the.steering group

Let someone else do it