Fans don't deserve this

People will flock back when we're in the Premier League.

Just like they flocked back against Arsenal.

You think so? im not so sure, i know im not in much of a rush to go back and i was one of our most travelled fans. Also if you look back apart from the one offs or big games our attendances have never been that hig, see wiki link of all time averages. We dont have as many base/core fans as you think, i know i was a core fan until recently some will come some will go but if your expecting 30k every week then you are going to be disappointed forever

What DC is missing is..getting the season ticket second phase totally f.ookin' wrong..Get it right and it takes tonights debate outta the equation cos a load have already bought into tonights game.

Ive got a season ticket (Well 2 actually) and it took me all me time to get me ars* offa the sofa to trot down and watch the bottom of the league...20'000?...quite respectable I think...but then again..I know f.ook all of Tuna fish..

We know he got the pricing structure wrong though. But it's gone. There's no changing it now in January.

All season we've had people crying out for good prices. Twenty's plenty etc. 

20k wouldn't have been a bad attendance last season for an evening match in January. But the circumstances being what they are I thought the fans crying out for cheaper tickets would've come out tonight in their droves. It should have been the match to show that the pricing structure is wrong, to show that fairer prices mean higher attendances. Plus our home form is fantastic & we were set to get into the play offs tonight (I hate Ipswich). It shouldn't matter who we're against. None of the teams in this league are more attractive for me to watch than us.

All tonight has probably shown DC is that it doesn't matter what he charges. The higher he has charged the more people have come.

Derby got 28k tonight and haven't had an evening game under 25k yet.

of course they will when man utd arsenal city and chelsea are in town...people would rather go to those games than bolton..why is it so gard to understand? The pick and choosers will pick and choose the biggest games

My point was that someone said that DC was losing supporters with this pricing scheme.

He isn't. He's losing a few sulky/bizzare fans for the time being...who will flock back in the PL. 

As shown against Arsenal.

Nice bit of preaching to all those who can't afford to go. I've got the cash I just won't pay.

I'm sure the less well off are delighted

I don't use cash much. And, I'm sure the less off agree about the lack of transparent, fair pricing too.

I use switch mostly.

Mind, I'm pretty bright - but those POTG prices take some bleeding working out.

Haven't the Club designed an App yet - to make it easy for all us idiots to tell what we have to pay, if we fancy catching a game?

Week by week - Game by game?

How about a spread sheet?

We know he got the pricing structure wrong though. But it's gone. There's no changing it now in January.

20k wouldn't have been a bad attendance last season for an evening match in January. But the circumstances being what they are I thought the fans crying out for cheaper tickets would've come out tonight in their droves. It should have been the match to show that the pricing structure is wrong, to show that fairer prices mean higher attendances. Plus our home form is fantastic & we were set to get into the play offs tonight (I hate Ipswich). It shouldn't matter who we're against. None of the teams in this league are more attractive for me to watch than us.

All tonight has probably shown DC is that it doesn't matter what he charges. The higher he has charged the more people have come.

If he knew or the club knew they got it wrong, why did they do it again for the festive games?

I think folks should remember that we have quite a few fans who travel a fair distance to watch the Owls.My journey is a 200 mile round trip which on a Saturday is not a problem to me and my lad,but it's over a two hour journey on a good day even in early and late season with light nights.We pass and get passed by Wednesday supporters on our journey,starting quite a way out from Sheffield .

I doubt if many of those make the trek in midweek in winter,but good on those who do,top fans.

If you start to add those to the missing it would certainly add a few to the gate.

The thirty odd quid tickets we have paid on a number of occasions this season make our matchday experience a £120-00 with fuel,food ,beer and the lads obligatory programme,I know that is what it's going to cost me and I'm willing to pay because it's has been my club since the mid sixties ,but even if you slip in a couple of twenty quidders this week I just wouldn't pay all that cash out for the three games.

On the other hand I wouldn't think that just because you live local you are going to take in all three games,it becomes expensive.

When games were home then away it was a lot easier to budget,but this two at home then two away does my head in,fans being shafted again.

I also think over 20,000 a good gate for tonight as well.

Guest King_SWFC

That's just laughable

Everyone knows that was too much but losing you over that? Club have put on a few £20 games now and deals etc

Memberships which chalk off money

Other deals

Everyone Rams on about £43 this and 43 that

It's the south stand on the dearest occasion that costs that

I bet the average price on the KOP for the season has been about £30 which isn't even that bad - not cheap but not outrageous

I

It doesn't matter if it was the dearest option. £43 to watch second division football is a complete disgrace. Frankly, I've no idea how much the average prices have been this year, but I can bet that they're overpriced. I don't want to spend £5 on a membership, I just wanted my time as a supporter to be easy, straight forward, and reasonably priced. Setting the first game of the season at £43 destroyed that notion for me, I knew from that point on that any game I actually wanted to go to, not Reading on a Tuesday evening, or bottom of the table on a Tuesday evening - two games where I'd have to rush back home before the match, then not arrive back home till turned 11 - would be a rip-off and not worth paying for. Like I said, £20 isn't cheap. That could take the family to the cinema, or to a museum. Using the tagline 'BUT... It's £20!!! What a bargain' just indicates how brain washed football supporters are now. Look at the prices in Germany before telling me that £20 to watch Sheffield Wednesday vs Bolton Wanderers is a bargain.

My point was that someone said that DC was losing supporters with this pricing scheme.

He isn't. He's losing a few sulky/bizzare fans for the time being...who will flock back in the PL.

As shown against Arsenal.

I agree.

If we go up soon and stay up then no one will care. If we take a good few seasons (probably will) it will lose a hell of a lot of fans.

Also, the ticketing system on the website is a complete joke. When I want to check the ticket prices quickly while debating whether to go, and my mate asks 'how much is it?' there's no flipping easy way to check. To 'buy' tickets you have to go through a log-in process, for which I've no idea of my log-in details, and actually attempt to purchase tickets before you can see how much it costs. 

Why can't there be an easy way to just check the prices? I know a few times I've thought to myself 'I can't be bothered to arse around with this' and shoved any prospect of going off. I don't want to ring up and ask, I don't want to go through 8 menus to check. I just want a simple link that tells me the price that I will pay if I turn up on the door at the next game. Simple.

On Saturday it's a Cat C game for POTG fans and the club are blatantly only showing pricing for the tickets which are being offered at a discount if you know a ST holder or member who can get you one for £25 anywhere in the ground.

Just to clarify - as an adult, if you pay on the turnstyle on Saturday it'll cost you £36 minimum.

How hard is it to just look on the club website? That's the lamest excuse yet

You mean here?

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-details-owls-v-leeds-2873627.aspx

Where does it mention the 'actual' POTG price?

Guest King_SWFC

How hard is it to just look on the club website? That's the lamest excuse yet

It might well be on the website, but having searched around for £10 minutes to see what the prices actually were, I thought 'roger it'. Even for the Birmingham game I didn't know the prices until I was actually checking out online. I really don't see what's so hard to just list the prices in an easy, convenient place on the website. 

It doesn't matter if it was the dearest option. £43 to watch second division football is a complete disgrace. Frankly, I've no idea how much the average prices have been this year, but I can bet that they're overpriced. I don't want to spend £5 on a membership, I just wanted my time as a supporter to be easy, straight forward, and reasonably priced. Setting the first game of the season at £43 destroyed that notion for me, I knew from that point on that any game I actually wanted to go to, not Reading on a Tuesday evening, or bottom of the table on a Tuesday evening - two games where I'd have to rush back home before the match, then not arrive back home till turned 11 - would be a rip-off and not worth paying for. Like I said, £20 isn't cheap. That could take the family to the cinema, or to a museum. Using the tagline 'BUT... It's £20!!! What a bargain' just indicates how brain washed football supporters are now. Look at the prices in Germany before telling me that £20 to watch Sheffield Wednesday vs Bolton Wanderers is a bargain.

you can get a family to the cinema for 20 quid? Where? not at bloody middlebrook  lol

You think so? im not so sure, i know im not in much of a rush to go back and i was one of our most travelled fans. Also if you look back apart from the one offs or big games our attendances have never been that hig, see wiki link of all time averages. We dont have as many base/core fans as you think, i know i was a core fan until recently some will come some will go but if your expecting 30k every week then you are going to be disappointed forever

Enough people will flock back to more or less fill the stadium week in week out when we're in the PL.

Even if it isn't the 'proper supporters'. We'll gain fans from the otherside of the city, Leeds etc who just want the chance to see PL sides.

What annoys me is that, for the time being, people are moaning about prices. But will pay through the nose to watch us at home to Manchester City when we're in the PL, but won't pay £20 to watch the team that will eventually get us there.

It's annoying. 

And I only really care because this was discussed so heavily at the steering group with Chansiri. Me, Ecclesall and everyone else were asked why people were staying away. And people have said they'd come back if it was cheaper & we were still playing good football. Tonight comes around? 20k.

Laughable.

Guest King_SWFC

On Saturday it's a Cat C game for POTG fans and the club are blatantly only showing pricing for the tickets which are being offered at a discount if you know a ST holder or member who can get you one for £25 anywhere in the ground.

Just to clarify - as an adult, if you pay on the turnstyle on Saturday it'll cost you £36 minimum.

You mean here?

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-details-owls-v-leeds-2873627.aspx

Where does it mention the 'actual' POTG price?

Thanks, you've emphasised my point perfectly there. It's just not straight forward to find the prices, why couldn't they just list the prices per stand in that link? What people will pay if they turn up on the day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I rock up on the gate and realise I haven't got the cash, or the time to go to the ticket office, where's the nearest cash point?

The club should be doing everything they can to get me inside, not make it difficult for me to work out how much I need to take to make sure I can get in. 

Really...but they can sort out NEXT seasons in January?

Fans crying out on HERE for cheaper tickets...Its OWLSTALK FFS!...its hardly representative..ask on the Kop or wherever..the majority of Owls fans have never even heard of it..

The fact that fans are staying away is the mismanagement of the pricing structure from the start...not cos Reading etc are putting their point of view on here...

Is that honestly what the steering committee does...?

"Excuse me DC but someone who posted on Owlstalk says"...?

Half the folk on here don't go anyhow..half the folk on here are the same folk...and the rest of us are just having a laugh anyhow!

No bugger is reaching the fan base on here..We are simply the same people, in the same entrenched positions..f.ookin' about

All this will be forgotten when we're in the premier league averaging over 30K

Even the pigs averaged over 30K and we've got more fans than those tramps

So anybody saying we wouldn't get that many in today's premier league must be on the funny f@gs