Fans don't deserve this

Nail on the head.

It's a business and DC will make more money over the course of the season keeping the prices higher. No rascal turns up when the prices are £20.

We'd have got around 20k regardless tonight I think.

It's baffling. People cannot preach that they want £20 tickets and then not turn up. Would not be surprised if £20 tickets weren't offered again. This has been the game where the fans could show ''what DC is missing'' and they've blown it.

No business survives by overcharging it's loyal customers.

Perhaps the penny will finally drop for you in a couple of years when you are paying double the amount for your season ticket in a half empty stadium.

Guest King_SWFC

Love wednesday all your life

Reach an age when you can't be bothered anymore

Look for a reason to justify this

Why not be honest and say it as it is

Absolutely bang on mate. I just have other more important things in my life than devoting 3/4 hours of my day, if not more, going to watch a football match with the possibility we either a) wouldn't win, or b) might be a crap game and paying for the privilege.

Nail on the head.

It's a business and DC will make more money over the course of the season keeping the prices higher. No rascal turns up when the prices are £20.

It's baffling. People cannot preach that they want £20 tickets and then not turn up. Would not be surprised if £20 tickets weren't offered again. This has been the game where the fans could show ''what DC is missing'' and they've blown it.

Your right flying owl it is a business, and its a business ( football, that is ) that is digging its own grave by overpaying for transfer fees and wages and trying to put costs to fans.

It doesnt matter how much you kick and scream like a girl about if you cant turn up when prices are low yada yada, when people stop going its hard to get them back.

The first lesson in  business  is usually dont lose customers because they are hard to replace, you can only milk the cows that are left so much.

1) It's an undesirable game on a Tuesday night in January.

2) How are casual fans expected to know that it's only £20 when we have such a confusing price structure and every bit of media coverage since last July is about our rip off prices and how we have the highest prices in the league?

I'm not sure what was so confusing about the £20 cost tonight.

So you're saying the reason people didn't turn up tonight is because they are unable to work out how much it costs?

If they can't, maybe they shouldn't be allowed out the house on public safety grounds anyway.

Nail on the head.

What DC is missing is..getting the season ticket second phase totally f.ookin' wrong..Get it right and it takes tonights debate outta the equation cos a load have already bought into tonights game.

Ive got a season ticket (Well 2 actually) and it took me all me time to get me ars* offa the sofa to trot down and watch the bottom of the league...20'000?...quite respectable I think...but then again..I know f.ook all of Tuna fish..

Yeah, I'm not dropping everything to toddle to Hillsborough for one reasonably priced game.

It's a good thing this steering group means naff all or your attitude might be concerning.

mate they could have paid you and you still wouldnt have gone, you're working abroad lol  

Guest King_SWFC

I think ST prices are extremely reasonable. Brilliantly priced IMO. Don't they average out at £18:00, £20:00 and £23:00 a game.

Anyone who can take advantage them, ought to do so.

The POTG prices for "popular" games are an absolute joke.

£43:00 against Bristol - was someone having a laugh?

I remember when the ticket prices were announced - I was sat in a pub on a Wednesday afternoon, having a pint and actually discussing how exciting Wednesday was at that moment. I checked my Twitter account, saw the complicated matrix of the ticketing system, saw that the first game was £43 and thought 'sod it, its not worth it at that point'. The second I saw those prices the club had lost me as a paying supporter. I wasn't posting on this forum at that time, but I remember the outrage on Twitter and opposition fans, plus the media, openly mocking the prices. The club haven't recovered since. 

What DC is missing is..getting the season ticket second phase totally f.ookin' wrong..Get it right and it takes tonights debate outta the equation cos a load have already bought into tonights game.

Ive got a season ticket (Well 2 actually) and it took me all me time to get me ars* offa the sofa to trot down and watch the bottom of the league...20'000?...quite respectable I think...but then again..I know f.ook all of Tuna fish..

Well he clearly hasn't got it wrong has he?

Tonight, once again, has proven that even if tickets are cheaper the fans don't go.

Which is what I said months ago and was told on numerous occasions that when we're playing well, winning, scoring goals, around the top 6 & tickets are cheaper then people would flock back and attendances would rocket.

Would someone like to disagree or...?

Nail on the head.

Blown it?

lol

Do you think fans like me and reading are flipping toddlers who need to be kept in line with behavioural modification?

Are we meant to flock to Hillsborough like grateful peasants so the great Chansiri might grant us another Tuesday night 20 quid game?

roger me, genuine l o l moment

I remember when the ticket prices were announced - I was sat in a pub on a Wednesday afternoon, having a pint and actually discussing how exciting Wednesday was at that moment. I checked my Twitter account, saw the complicated matrix of the ticketing system, saw that the first game was £43 and thought 'sod it, its not worth it at that point'. The second I saw those prices the club had lost me as a paying supporter. I wasn't posting on this forum at that time, but I remember the outrage on Twitter and opposition fans, plus the media, openly mocking the prices. The club haven't recovered since.

Maybe you should change your name to Queen_SWFC.

That's just laughable 😂😂😂

Everyone knows that was too much but losing you over that? Club have put on a few £20 games now and deals etc

Memberships which chalk off money

Other deals

Everyone Rams on about £43 this and 43 that

It's the south stand on the dearest occasion that costs that

I bet the average price on the KOP for the season has been about £30 which isn't even that bad - not cheap but not outrageous

I

So its got nothing to do with the tickets, you've just always had a chip on your shoulder about the establishment.

Its paranoia mate, nobody is out to get you.

£43:00 ain't paranoia Arthur. You can flog the "Red Ken" line as much as you like.

It won't massage mugging the casual fans off for big games.

But if you mean - I won't let the Club manipulate me - like some stupid mug, with this tiered pricing lark - you're correct. It's not even subtle is it - let's be honest.

£20:00 for a Tuesday night game in January as reward for the opening day and Boxing Day rip offs?

I don't need no rewards, thanks.

Guest King_SWFC

Also, the ticketing system on the website is a complete joke. When I want to check the ticket prices quickly while debating whether to go, and my mate asks 'how much is it?' there's no flipping easy way to check. To 'buy' tickets you have to go through a log-in process, for which I've no idea of my log-in details, and actually attempt to purchase tickets before you can see how much it costs. 

Why can't there be an easy way to just check the prices? I know a few times I've thought to myself 'I can't be bothered to arse around with this' and shoved any prospect of going off. I don't want to ring up and ask, I don't want to go through 8 menus to check. I just want a simple link that tells me the price that I will pay if I turn up on the door at the next game. Simple.