Fans don't deserve this

My point was that someone said that DC was losing supporters with this pricing scheme.

He isn't. He's losing a few sulky/bizzare fans for the time being...who will flock back in the PL. 

As shown against Arsenal.

Loads turned up against Arsenal cos we've been playin' f.ookin' Crewe for 20 years.......

Guest King_SWFC

You can take them to the museum though, nothing kids like more than a family trip round a museum...

Ignoring the dig... How many kids actually go to games now? At the birmingham game I don't remember seeing more than a handful of youngsters. I wonder why.

Guest Kameron

I wonder what excuse the stay aways will hide behind tonight? Too cold??

Leeds will be the 5th home game since the 20th December, christmas and new year in between and to top that off the club puts season tickets on sale,  tonight was a very decent attendance considering.

Guest King_SWFC

What so it took you 10 minutes of looking on the website for the cost of the Birmingham game and you gave up?

No, the Birmingham game was the exception. The fact so many fans turned up for that indicates the potential, but the fact the club priced it at nearly £40 is also another mindfuck. I know having not been to a game for a couple of months, that a reasonable price might have made me want to go back, but at £39, I don't think it's worth repeating it. 

The price is there. Surely you'd know now if you were going. Go to the ground or order one on line. What on earth is the problem?

Did you read it?

The price is there for ST Holders and Members only - not for POTG fans.

Edited by WatfordOwl

So are some of you finally going to tell me why I should have been grateful, that I was being charged £43:00 for the opening day and Boxing Day or, why I should just pay more than a flipping Arsenal fan - and that they were all bargains. Or, why it's £43:00 for me this Saturday, for a 12:15 kick off.

It would nice mind - if I was given advice by a similar POTG customer, and not some ST holder, concessionaire, OAP student.

Are you going to tell me I'm not wanted, sod off, I'm a pig etc, etc

Or, do we get the suggestions that I should write to the Club?

Have we reached that stage in this thread yet?

Seems some of you don't get it.

I get your argument, all the 20s plenty lot, the moaners, and the priced out folk could have rallied into this. We all get it.

What you fail to register is a lot of people are a bit more peed off than you realise and really don't feel like getting behind ANY of this structure.

The club could have said all games will be cat d, e or F for the rest of season if they wanted to rectify.

I don't see why I should go JUST because it's 20 quid to get King Chansiri to mull over my worth and if I deserve to watch swfc for less than 40 quid.

lol

Can't believe this needs explaining

Guest King_SWFC

Who in the name of f.ookery counts kids at a football match?

I don't know mate, but since so many people seem to have the answer to everything on here I thought somebody would know.

Shambolic attendance. Can't defend it. There are meant to be 'thousands priced out' and wanting twentys plenty. Twenty quid ticket comes & we've lost once at home all season, scoring poo poo loads. And what happens? roger all.

I literally cannot go into the next steering group meeting and preach for cheap tickets if our fans can't be arsed. 

The fact that you are on the steering group says it all. 

Really...but they can sort out NEXT seasons in January?

Fans crying out on HERE for cheaper tickets...Its OWLSTALK FFS!...its hardly representative..ask on the Kop or wherever..the majority of Owls fans have never even heard of it..

The fact that fans are staying away is the mismanagement of the pricing structure from the start...not cos Reading etc are putting their point of view on here...

Is that honestly what the steering committee does...?

"Excuse me DC but someone who posted on Owlstalk says"...?

Half the folk on here don't go anyhow..half the folk on here are the same folk...and the rest of us are just having a laugh anyhow!

No bugger is reaching the fan base on here..We are simply the same people, in the same entrenched positions..f.ookin' about

lol Pretty much.

In all seriousness, twitter is also awash with people moaning about tickets. And as a 'youth' that's all I'm good for in terms of providing information to DC and co' as to why people are staying away. I can only really gauge the reaction from people on here and twatter.

I dunno. I'm just frustrated. Perhaps I was being naive, but I really thought we'd get 25k tonight which would go some way to proving the ticket price moaners (who I've argued with all season) right. I want them to be right. I'm all for twentys plenty & football is too expensive full stop. But tonight showed Chansiri nothing to make him think about lowering prices for the next games.

Guest King_SWFC

So are some of you finally going to tell me why I should have been grateful, that I was being charged £43:00 for the opening day and Boxing Day or, why I should just pay more than a flipping Arsenal fan - and that they were all bargains. Or, why it's £43:00 for me this Saturday, for a 12:15 kick off.

It would nice mind - if I was given advice by a similar POTG customer, and not some ST holder, concessionaire, OAP student.

The argument is, we should be grateful that we've been given the chance to only be slightly ripped off to see Sheffield Wednesday play Bolton Wanderers on a Tuesday night when usually we get completely ripped off to the tune of £40 on a weekly basis.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Make it £20 for a Saturday afternoon kick off and advertise it well enough you'll see the difference. Fact is the two times we've had £20 a ticket has been Brighton and Bolton. I don't think league position of the opposition matters that much as Brighton were top when we played them and Bolton are bottom.

The reason why the club lower prices to £20 on Tuesday night games isn't to appease the people that moan about ticket prices it's to get the odd casual in to replace the season ticket holders that can't make it due to work/distance.

For what it matters I'm getting a 3yr season ticket tomorrow but this year I've bought my first property and had to balance finances so I'm a "casual" and I have been to 7 home games all season, all of which have been because the games I went to we're £25 or less. So lowering the prices does work and us casuals do go.

seems to me the casuals are damned if they do and damned if they don't on here. They turn up and get abused for being fair weather fans they don't and they are stay aways.

I'll be there for the next 3 years and really couldn't give a hoot if I'm the only one in the stadium, people coming or not coming really isn't that much of big deal in my eyes yet some are obsessed with it

Enough people will flock back to more or less fill the stadium week in week out when we're in the PL.

Even if it isn't the 'proper supporters'. We'll gain fans from the otherside of the city, Leeds etc who just want the chance to see PL sides.

What annoys me is that, for the time being, people are moaning about prices. But will pay through the nose to watch us at home to Manchester City when we're in the PL, but won't pay £20 to watch the team that will eventually get us there.

It's annoying. 

And I only really care because this was discussed so heavily at the steering group with Chansiri. Me, Ecclesall and everyone else were asked why people were staying away. And people have said they'd come back if it was cheaper & we were still playing good football. Tonight comes around? 20k.

Laughable.

Maybe, just maybe you should listen to some of the fans rather than slagging them for not flocking back, and this is not a personal dig fella and good on you for trying to get reduced tickets fair play on that, but listen to the fans staying away, 1 game wont make a lot of us come back, i know it wont me!!! i want a sustainable price constantly not jus tfor the odd game, i dont want to go to the odd game!! if i take my family it would cost a fortune, thats before food and drink. 

I get that its a business and football changed, i fully get that, but if football changed from a way of life working mans sport to a business you can not be surprised when it gets to the point when people either dont want to go anymore, it doesnt matter if its cost, out of the habit, or morally speaking not agreeing with pricing.

If this our club and football is being treated like a business ( and it is ) then you cant grumble when CUSTOMERS and thats what we are now turn around and say enough is enough.

Loyalty isnt rewarded any more in my eyes at nealry any club, season ticket prices i keep hearing people say they are well priced well are they roger well priced, its very over priced and when you compare football to other forms of business entertainment nowadays it is lacking any sort of value.

you cant have it both ways if it is a business treat customers with respect and fairly price it and they will use the business, treat them with contempt and over charge then people will roger it off. no matter how we build our form up we are still a second division team playing ok football, our fans are happy because its better than the flipping ultimate dross bore fests we have seen for 20 years but it is nowhere near value and anyone thinking it is imo are crazy.

Hey before i  had a family i would have been spouting this story too about fans should go no matter what, the fact is more and more nowadays things are changing and it isnt a sport that is going to collect loyalty!!! especially now it is a business model

Edited by kidc77

lol Pretty much.

In all seriousness, twitter is also awash with people moaning about tickets. And as a 'youth' that's all I'm good for in terms of providing information to DC and co' as to why people are staying away. I can only really gauge the reaction from people on here and twatter.

I dunno. I'm just frustrated. Perhaps I was being naive, but I really thought we'd get 25k tonight which would go some way to proving the ticket price moaners (who I've argued with all season) right. I want them to be right. I'm all for twentys plenty & football is too expensive full stop. But tonight showed Chansiri nothing to make him think about lowering prices for the next games.

We were never gonna get 25000 tonight...Bolton fans came on a tandem and they are bottom of the league................

Guest King_SWFC

Where is the nearest cash point lol

Getting better these excuses ffs I ask you. Would you like to be greeted with a warm blanket and a bovril on arrival?

That's the exact point though mate. It's not easy to just rock up to Hillsborough nowadays. You have to jump through several hoops to actually get to the match now: 1) Budgeting, 2) finding out the prices, 3) Picking and choosing which games to go to, 4) Actually organising the day. I don't understand why the club can't make it as simple as possible, offer flat-rate prices of £30, with the odd 'bargain' chucked in and it being advertised absolutely everywhere so I know exactly how much it'll cost me on the website.

What's so difficult about that?

The 'tough sh)t' comment came from someone who pays £9 a game.

Let that sink in.