I still think we will stay up

19 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

I agree.

We’ve had a bad patch but there’s time to put it right.

Everyones acting like we’re already down.

It doesn’t matter if we’ve been in the bottom 3 all season as long as we’re out of it by the end of the final day.

If we're still in the bottom 3 before k.o. on the final day, we'll still be relying on other teams not winning and us getting at least a draw and more likely a win. in the last game.

Survival won't be in our hands.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My initial thoughts is that Channers has done something behind the scenes 

yep. stinks of the drop off in performances last season under DM after the rumoured none payments, it's a carbon copy

• Like 1

We have to accept that a fair few of these players are brittle when things go against them, but half decent when things are going well....so often the first goal determined this eg. Ipswich, Southampton, Millwall at home, Leeds, Huddersfield it's a big list

First goals are key to survival for us...we have to press from the first minute in our 'winnable' games 

The only hope really is if Plymouth and Huddersfield barely pick up another point.

Plymouth play at Rotherham on Friday night which is a big game for us before we play again.

If Plymouth get a result at Rotherham we’ll be effectively two wins from catching anyone outside the relegation zone. That’s quite a big gap with only 6 games to go. And even more so considering the performances we’ve put in over the last few games.

From Birmingham upwards we already need to win 2 games just to catch them 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Well, it went pear shaped last season at this time. It turned out alright in the end though. So maybe.......... 

If we blow it after 46 games we don't get a second chance this season though.

• Like 3

I genuinely think Danny's playing the highest of riskiest strategies and saving energy for the six pointers. Obviously not as much as yesterday but that's my sneaky feeling.

I think we'll see a huge improvement in terms of performance and result against QPR at the weekend.

Fully expecting this to go right to the last seconds of 'drama time' refs play after the additional minutes go up in the last game where Wilks scored the goal to keep us up!!

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

I genuinely think Danny's playing the highest of riskiest strategies and saving energy for the six pointers. Obviously not as much as yesterday but that's my sneaky feeling.

I think we'll see a huge improvement in terms of performance and result against QPR at the weekend.

Fully expecting this to go right to the last seconds of 'drama time' refs play after the additional minutes go up in the last game where Wilks scored the goal to keep us up!!

Which are the 6 pointers?

Out of the teams we’ve got left to play we’re not going to catch any of them 

Most of us wouldn't be bothering with qpr but we already have tickets and rail or coach travel . Might even just go down and skip the game . They don't deserve our supporters . Bet most of the players were laughing on way back home 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I think we can, whether we will is up for debate. Certainly need to wake up and start grinding out points, they aren't going to come pretty.

If we can come back from 4-0 down in a playoff semi final though, then we can come back from being 2 points behind 21st with 6 to play.

We had some strikers playing that night!

• Haha 2

I don't. I nailed my colours to the mast months ago in a cunning reverse psychology kind of way, hoping fate would prove me wrong. 

Now, I think I might actually have called it right, just when I didn't want to be proved right. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I thought this before Boro, but something wasn't right yesterday. There was a visible lack of effort and passion, something that hasn't been questioned before. And the Röhl interview was something we've never heard before, he seems to be sick of them aswell now. Saturday will be interesting, they'll either be a brilliant reaction or it'll be Hudds away mark 2

Same as last time we went down, agents will be telling their players not to get injured and to ease up as they are out of work soon. 

This is it until the summer now, it's also what you get when you have loads out of contract, you can't hide these players away. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see "injuries" start to mount up in the next week or so. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

If we see a bounce back from the last performance then I still think we can stay up with a spectacular and exciting finish to the season

I thinik Röhl has enough about him to be able to get the players going and fired up for the run in

If Röhl has no outside influences being applied (e.g. anything done by the chairman) then I think we will be ok and Röhl will bring it home

I wish I shared your faith mate I really do, and although we may as well pack up if we don’t, it’s very hard given the shambles of a poo show served up yesterday. Baring in mind Middlesbrough were no great shakes. Thank god they had so many injuries.