Röhl discusses the need for better facilities at SWFC

5 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

This is a video of Readings old Hogwood Park training ground which they deemed not fit for purpose before moving to their new Bearwood Park training ground (which Dai tried to flog off to Wickham)

How does their old 'not fit for purpose' facility stack up against ours?

That’s like a 5 star Michelin restaurant, ours is like one of them boarded up American diners you find at the side of an A road. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

The pitch (which is nearly a decade old now) was never maintained properly, which is why it has been so patchy for so long.

Chansiri wasted loads of money on a huge initial outlay and then never bothered to spend the relatively much smaller % in protecting his investment. It now needs ripping up and redoing.

It is a perfect metaphor.

If we believe what has been reported that during this weeks discussions with Chansiri Danny was going to bring up the poor condition of the stadium and training facilities by comparison to other Championship clubs and in particular Ipswich ground surely he knows he knows Chansiri’s position - no money - no ambition - not bothered.

Danny would be better talking to himself - at least he’d listen !!

• Like 2

Everyone knows our facilities are awful but watching that, Danny doesn't exactly seem to be moaning. 
More like complimenting Ipswich and saying this is what we need to be matching and he wants to be a part of that change.

Nothing in that video to infer he's going anywhere.

• Like 2

I've played at Hillsborough on a couple of occasions. 

Used both changing rooms. 

The away one is very basic. It's not terrible, but there isn't much to it. 

As for the home one, it's ok...but it doesn't look like a great deal of investment has gone into it. 

33 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Everyone knows our facilities are awful but watching that, Danny doesn't exactly seem to be moaning. 
More like complimenting Ipswich and saying this is what we need to be matching and he wants to be a part of that change.

Nothing in that video to infer he's going anywhere.

Ipswich have no ambition. 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howler73 said:

You could be right and its a shame, personally id being calling Danny in and asking for more input, based on his experience in the elite game, on how I could improve my investment for the long term. Maybe Chansiri will, I say in hope over experience.

Yeah that's what I'd do too. But I'm not a businessman so what do I know eh? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Didn’t we have this conversation at the weekend  It’s just a rehash of Saturday’s post match press conference.

Yep. A lot being made of a brief comment after the Ipswich game.

He's not wrong though. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Yep. A lot being made of a brief comment after the Ipswich game.

He's not wrong though. 

Oh, he’s definitely not wrong.  However there seems to be a lot of people running to the furthest end of the fart about it.

• Like 1