Röhl discusses the need for better facilities at SWFC

I don't know about the changing rooms (The players inside could do with a bit of updating though).

But they should be nothing wrong with the pitch, remember all the hullabaloo about the new pitch just a few seasons ago.

I suspect the general maintenance has not been done properly or at all.

• Like 2

He's not wrong is he. Last time I was in the changing rooms they were very 1960s. DR has been working in a different environment before and it's understandable he sees these things as necessary to improve. 

Would love to be a fly on the wall during those discussions

• Like 6

We’d have a decent budget if we didn’t pay players to do nothing out of spite.

I think DR is highlighting his concerns that he will then use as a reason as to why he left in the summer.

”careful what you wish for”

16 minutes ago, Plonk said:

He's not wrong is he. Last time I was in the changing rooms they were very 1960s.  

So true
I can't even see how - with the small space that we have in the old south stand infrastructure) - we can build anything bigger/better there

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Nice to get a view from a professional inside the club who is not afraid to say it as it is. He really is sticking his head above the parapet. Mr C’s world is crumbling. Criticism from his “customers”, criticism from his staff and criticism from the footballing world. I’d be embarrassed to show my face. What must his family think ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So true
I can't even see how - with the small space that we have in the old south stand infrastructure) - we can build anything bigger/better there

Easy extend in to the away changing room and make the opposition team change in the corridor.lol

• Haha 1

This is a video of Readings old Hogwood Park training ground which they deemed not fit for purpose before moving to their new Bearwood Park training ground (which Dai tried to flog off to Wickham)

How does their old 'not fit for purpose' facility stack up against ours?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

But they should be nothing wrong with the pitch, remember all the hullabaloo about the new pitch just a few seasons ago.

The pitch (which is nearly a decade old now) was never maintained properly, which is why it has been so patchy for so long.

Chansiri wasted loads of money on a huge initial outlay and then never bothered to spend the relatively much smaller % in protecting his investment. It now needs ripping up and redoing.

It is a perfect metaphor.

• Like 8