27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I trust Röhl more than I do fans who criticise him for an attacking approach/philosophy

Of two things can be wrong at the same time. Röhl's results against the top teams do raise some questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

No time for recriminations. 

We were never going to win today. 

Lets move on to Swansea. 

Why were we never going to win. Takes a second to score a goal, pack the midfield, track ur runners. Take ur chances when they come. Don't play suicide football and get hammered, like we did. No point in playing football or supporting ur team if u think ur gona lose. I bet the thousands of away fans thst attended the game didn't have ur mindset.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The last thing we need is to start 'parking the bus'

We couldnt' do it and after we get drubbed whilst playing that style our fans would call it a total disaster and call for a proper clear ahhhhht

I genuinely believe he wanted reinforcements for tactical flexibility but was denied.

So this probably explains why he sets us up to go for it, and today is another case of when it goes wrong (badly).

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

We were never going to win today. 

I wonder if a certain team from the National League South had the same attitude before their game at Ipswich?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He had a stinker today, and at Southampton.

What was he thinking with that formation at Ipswich?

But he gets far more right than wrong, which is how he’s been able to claw us back from 12 points off the pace to 2 points off.

• Like 1

If we could play like we have against the other sides who are struggling

And then sh!thouse and use the dark arts more against the likes of Leeds and Ipswich we’d be more formidable 

Danny is learning and doing his best with the tools he’s been given

we’re staying up

The size of the defeat is on Roehl, no question.

Other poo teams have gone there and only lost narrowly.

I don't think that's the point, though.

Ipswich built an attacking team in the Third, they've added quality, and they've had continuity.

We played a different style in the Third, lost our manager, then set Xisco on, and have had poo recruitment.

McKenna played a style suited to the Championship last season, Moore didn't.

McKenna's players suit his style, ours don't suit Roehl's.

McKenna's been backed, Roehl hasn't.

Today's defeat is down to Roehl, but the rest's on Channers.

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

They’ve not added loads since last season. It’s a disgraceful 

No but they've not had the upheaval we've had. They didn't build a side to get promotion they built a side for long term progress.

Wednesday are all about short termism, Ipswich obviously aren't.

We are where we are and given the start we had, if we are going to stay up, it’s going to the last game. It more than likely always was going to.

I know some fans are saying we need to park the bus in some games, perhaps we have to? Thing is as good as he is, has been, he is still learning. He doesn’t have the quality of players that he’s been used to working with in the past. In time I’m sure he’ll adapt to get the results he needs to get at times with the players at his disposal but had he not pushed this group of players in the way he has done, we may not have had the shot at staying up, that we now have?

We need to stay up as if we do, we have a better chance of making progress even within the restraints that we are likely still to have under the current owner. We can do this but even though as some have said criticism of the manager and players is justified at times, we have to stop the rollercoaster reactions and keep our heads and support the manager and players as much as we can for the rest of the season.

I like many fans love Röhl and was singing his name when we went 4, 5, 6 down, but he can't be free of any criticism. How much comes down to gung-ho tactics and how much comes down to the players' pride to ensure that when a game is lost, it doesn't get embarassing I am not sure, but there's now been a few games where we've been walloped. Millwall, hudds, Southampton, today spring to mind.  Teams around us are getting beat, but I don't remember any taking as many tonkings as we have? (rotherham excluded)

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Needs to learn that picking an attacking lineup against a much better team isn't going to end well. 

Probably not but we need points, we have done since DR came here. Draws are not going to help much so we might as well go for the win rather than trying to defend for 90 minutes. Let's face it, losing 1-0 is still dropping 3 points,  just 1 win in these games against top teams is worth as much as 3 draws. OK our goal difference gets worse but it's already bad.

I'm trying to look on the brightside but what did the vast majority of us say when Munoz went, "If we are going down let's at least go down fighting."  We are doing that and I hope we don't go down. It's not really games like this that will decide our fate it's the ones against other bottom end teams.

Clearly he is learning and making mistakes but he’s got far more right than wrong since being here. I still think we’ll be a bit short in the end but I do think if we can keep DR, whether we stay up or go down, he will be a good long term appointment.