4 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

We big him up a lot and expect him to leave if we’re relegated.

But he’s learning . No where near the finished article. Which showed today with the naive tactics! 

don’t get me wrong. I love Röhl and he is destined for big things but not yet !

I love how you are giving him advice.  Good grief.

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

I think this is the point . Nobody would have been massively upset at losing 1 or 2-0 to a top team but 6-0 is a tonking . Just think about it 6-0

I’ve been watching them for over 60 years and seeing us turned over 6-0 is a rarity and one for the record books. You can’t just brush it off. It hurts . It’s humiliating.

Fans have every right to be upset and ask questions as to why that can happen.

No manager in the history of football has ever escaped without some level of criticism when they’ve suffered a defeat like that . 
FFS I think everyone’s behind Danny . He’s had an unprecedented level of support but you can’t slag off any supporter who’s upset tonight 

If people aren’t going to be upset at a thrashing then they might as well give up .

its the natural reaction whether you consider it knee jerk or not.

Folks are going to say stuff tonight but tomorrow they’ll have slept on it and be maybe looking at the bigger picture but at the minute some of us are proper p****d off and are wondering how a team can just roll over like that.

Just about sums it up mate. We are mightily hacked off tonight but we get behind the team and the manager again next match.

42 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

We will still stay up

We can still stay up this season but if we do, it’ll be some escape.

We’ve lost 22 games out of 38. The club record for league defeats in a season is 26 so we’re on target to equal or break the club record for league defeats in a season.

We’ve been in the bottom 3 all season and we’re the joint lowest scorers in the league with Rotherham. And Rotherham are the only side in the league with a worse goal difference than us.

There’s only 4 teams left in the league that haven’t beaten us at least once this season,  Rotherham, Stoke, Blackburn and QPR. And we still have to play 3 of them so the only team we’ve played twice that haven’t beaten us is Rotherham.

If we stay up this season, it’ll be the greatest of great escapes in my time watching Wednesday 

• Like 1

Imagine if he’d gone all out defend and lost. The same over reactions would have occurred.

We’ve not laid a glove on the top teams all season. We were unlikely to win to today. That said we shouldn’t have lost in the manner we did, the players gave up. That’s on the players imo. 

We need to focus on winning the games in our reach, starting with Swansea in a couple of weeks.

The most disappointing thing for me is the gulf between us and them. 140 million spent, and nothing to show for it. Crumbling facilities, a pitch in terrible condition, a training ground not fit for purpose, and a club on the edge of another disastrous relegation.

Thats what fcks me off more than anything. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The size of the defeat is on Roehl, no question.

Other poo teams have gone there and only lost narrowly.

I don't think that's the point, though.

Ipswich built an attacking team in the Third, they've added quality, and they've had continuity.

We played a different style in the Third, lost our manager, then set Xisco on, and have had poo recruitment.

McKenna played a style suited to the Championship last season, Moore didn't.

McKenna's players suit his style, ours don't suit Roehl's.

McKenna's been backed, Roehl hasn't.

Today's defeat is down to Roehl, but the rest's on Channers.

Undoubtedly DC's decisions is the club's main problem. No doubt.

The protests lessened a bit and there was opposition to them when we were beating 2-3 weak teams but they are needed to continue.

It Is mainly a separate point that DR, although he has been inspirational,  has been obstinate  about not playing enough defensive midfielders and too many lightweights against the good teams, along with some tinkering,  is and has been painful for supporters. A 6-0 steamrollering is something  a manager should try to avoid. Expectations of a young man in his first managerial job have soared far too high.  

ipswich just blew us away and how we performed today it wouldnt have  mattered what formation he put out .......i wouldnt have left out valentin but i doubt the result would have been any different  

When playing the better teams especially away from home we needed to be more pragmatic.

Set up to be more solid from the start and give little away. Build a platform and frustrate the opposition.

We just leave ourselves wide open and just crumble when we concede early.

Who knows, we could have picked up a few draws.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

When playing the better teams especially away from home we needed to be more pragmatic.

Set up to be more solid from the start and give little away. Build a platform and frustrate the opposition.

We just leave ourselves wide open and just crumble when we concede early.

Who knows, we could have picked up a few draws.

Agree. We have very few draws...five it seems  least of all under DR. He does not seem to be interested in going for a draw.