9 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

They’ve not added loads since last season. It’s a disgraceful 

It just goes to show how well Moore did to make it to so close between the two squads last season, despite all the 'we should have walked the league' nonsense.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not even an issue today or any other day 

This manager is ace

We'll stay up

The very last thing we want or need is for our fans to put pressure on him to not set up our side to attack in every match

Every manager we've had in the last 20 years has caught 'Wednesdayitis' which is where a manager starts off attacking, playing well, winning but then starts trying to play more defensively, loses games, crowds get on the players backs etc etc

Let's give this one a chance without forcing him into the same negative approach that's seen off every other manager we've had

100% this 

14 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

No time for recriminations. 

We were never going to win today. 

Lets move on to Swansea. 

Why weren't we? Ipswich came up with us. I thought a point was achievable. A win a longshot granted but never going to win seems crazy.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

We big him up a lot and expect him to leave if we’re relegated.

But he’s learning . No where near the finished article. Which showed today with the naive tactics! 

don’t get me wrong. I love Röhl and he is destined for big things but not yet !

I agree with this. 

We go again, hopefully he's learnt something and we try to do the swans.

3 minutes ago, MysticOwl said:

Too much emotional knee jerk comments on here today…

Same after just about every loss tbf.

If Dawson had been in goal today there would have been analysis on a scale not seen on Owlstalk before.

3 minutes ago, debram said:

Ime sure he learnt a lot from today, and will surely admit he got it wrong. 

The players also have to take responsibility for failing to close down their players, not matching their work rate and not matching their desire to win. It was as if our players expected nothing so played like it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MysticOwl said:

Too much emotional knee jerk comments on here today…

I don't think you can blame some fans though, Ipswich away is a long way and fair play I know some who have gone down today, to set up like that is weird to be Frank.

6-0 away loss on top is a tough one to take .

Danny has been brilliant but the heavy losses against top sides is alarming let's forget about goal difference now after today .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not even an issue today or any other day 

This manager is ace

We'll stay up

The very last thing we want or need is for our fans to put pressure on him to not set up our side to attack in every match

Every manager we've had in the last 20 years has caught 'Wednesdayitis' which is where a manager starts off attacking, playing well, winning but then starts trying to play more defensively, loses games, crowds get on the players backs etc etc

Let's give this one a chance without forcing him into the same negative approach that's seen off every other manager we've had

This for me! 

lots of our fans cry out for attacking football then some baulk after we get a hiding. 

This style has put us back in the mix so let’s stick with it. Hopefully it gets us over the line! if it does I’m happy to suffer the odd embarrassment for a season! 

that being said that was a hard watch! 

1 minute ago, Daz said:

The players also have to take responsibility for failing to close down their players, not matching their work rate and not matching their desire to win. It was as if our players expected nothing so played like it.

True and musaba and gassama are like it all the time, relying on the odd bit of magic, not team players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I don't think you can blame some fans though, Ipswich away is a long way and fair play I know some who have gone down today, to set up like that is weird to be Frank.

6-0 away loss on top is a tough one to take .

Danny has been brilliant but the heavy losses against top sides is alarming let's forget about goal difference now after today .

and if we had played with 5 in midfield etc it would have only been 3-0.

Seriously, check out the table and see how many points Ipswitch are above 6th spot. 

25 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Ipswich have been better than us from last January onwards and their progression continued, we went on a decline up until Röhl/Ugbo/Poveda, they had a decent amount of money to spend in the last 18 months or so, we haven't.

I think this is true…  hurts to see our team battered though today. 

It’s like we go into Charity mode in most away games. 

2 minutes ago, MysticOwl said:

and if we had played with 5 in midfield etc it would have only been 3-0.

Seriously, check out the table and see how many points Ipswitch are above 6th spot. 

Ipswich are a great side this season, no question about that, I honestly feel sick since they looked like they are collapsing last year then went on that run and from then look at where they are and where we are ....and I totally get that, but the manner in our defeat today and with possible injuries to key players, yeah I would have taken a 3 nil loss and packed out the mid.

Hope we have some fire for the Swansea game after today .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Getting hammered 6-0 by a parachute club isn't great, but it's acceptable.

It's far worse to get thrashed by a team which came up with you last season.

Epswech don't have the individual quality of teams such as Saints, Leicester and Leeds, nor the money.

This result is the disaster of the last 9 months, made flesh.

From a result point of view Roehl clearly got it wrong, but that we attempted to take Epswech on at their own game and were walloped speaks volumes about the different directions the two clubs have gone in.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1