Nobody expected a win today, but Röhl got absolutely rolled over today by McKenna. He set us up so poorly and we looked every bit a League one team, manager and all.

1 minute ago, TheSlicer said:

Shoulders some of the blame today for me. 

naive to go there with that set up. 

He isn't learning is he? That's what's troubling me. Then again if he wanted to park the bus, who with? We badly needed more reinforcement in January.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not even an issue today or any other day 

This manager is ace

We'll stay up

The very last thing we want or need is for our fans to put pressure on him to not set up our side to attack in every match

Every manager we've had in the last 20 years has caught 'Wednesdayitis' which is where a manager starts off attacking, playing well, winning but then starts trying to play more defensively, loses games, crowds get on the players backs etc etc

Let's give this one a chance without forcing him into the same negative approach that's seen off every other manager we've had

I agree with you. My point wasn’t clear. What I mean is we expect him to walk if we’re relegated because he’s too good for us.

however he is learning and would be naive to leave.

6 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

We big him up a lot and expect him to leave if we’re relegated.

But he’s learning . No where near the finished article. Which showed today with the naive tactics! 

don’t get me wrong. I love Röhl and he is destined for big things but not yet !

Röhl will be a great manager at Wednesday 

IF we put the infrastructure and recruitment in place to back him

Otherwise he will be a great manager elsewhere 

• Like 3

Just now, pussface said:

He isn't learning is he? That's what's troubling me. Then again if he wanted to park the bus, who with? We badly needed more reinforcement in January.

The last thing we need is to start 'parking the bus'

We couldnt' do it and after we get drubbed whilst playing that style our fans would call it a total disaster and call for a proper clear ahhhhht

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Ipswich have been better than us from last January onwards and their progression continued, we went on a decline up until Röhl/Ugbo/Poveda, they had a decent amount of money to spend in the last 18 months or so, we haven't.

Just now, Miffed said:

Röhl will be a great manager at Wednesday 

IF we put the infrastructure and recruitment in place to back him

Otherwise he will be a great manager elsewhere 

Totally agree with you ! But a lot of fans think he is too big for us. I disagree ! He’s got a lot to learn.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

We big him up a lot and expect him to leave if we’re relegated.

But he’s learning . No where near the finished article. Which showed today with the naive tactics! 

don’t get me wrong. I love Röhl and he is destined for big things but not yet !

Who’d have thought a 34 year old manager in his first job isn’t the finished article yet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I never understand this

Some of our fans just think we can win every match and if we don't it's a disaster and we should have a proper clear aaaaahhhhhttt

Our fans - learn NOTHING

Sorry? Am I wrong? 

Stoke played Ipswich last week and won 1-0

Rotherham put 3 past them not so long ago. 

I never said anything about a clear out, I didn't even hint at that. 

This team is more than capable of competing at this level, as we have shown in recent games. I'm saying that 6-0 is an abysmal result and that Röhl must shoulder the blame for that. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, S72 Owl said:

Who’d have thought a 34 year old manager in his first job isn’t the finished article yet?

I agree! But a lot of fans make him out to be the messiah. I love him. He needs to stick with us and learn.

• Like 1

It wasn't that long ago that Ipswich fans were shouting abuse at their players after a poor run of results in League 1 under McKenna. 

Changing the culture of a football club takes time and resources. We need to give Röhl time, whether he will get the resources he needs is up for debate.

He’s just too naive in these games.

It’s another hammering away from home.

The players crumble when going behind, we were never in it today and they’ve let everyone who travelled down.

They should be refunding those who went.

However, they need to bounce back and his style of play has still had us safe from relegation from when he took over.

We have to hope in these next 8 games we climb out, doesn’t matter when as long as it’s before FT on the final day.

• Like 1

Psychologically brilliant from Röhl today.

Throw the goal difference out the window so players now know they need to get more points than the teams around them. 8 game unbeaten run incoming.....

Seriously though, Ipswich are good and needed a response after the loss at Cardiff. Just need to take this one on the chin imo.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not even an issue today or any other day 

This manager is ace

We'll stay up

The very last thing we want or need is for our fans to put pressure on him to not set up our side to attack in every match

Every manager we've had in the last 20 years has caught 'Wednesdayitis' which is where a manager starts off attacking, playing well, winning but then starts trying to play more defensively, loses games, crowds get on the players backs etc etc

Let's give this one a chance without forcing him into the same negative approach that's seen off every other manager we've had

Spot on Neil. And some still say we’re not part of the problem. We either go for teams or don’t. There’s no in between with this group of players as we keep it tight and still lose the first goal then we might as well lose 1-0 as 6-0 given the current situation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

That's a very forgiving post. 

I'd say that the manager and team should hang their collective heads in shame. That's an absolutely disastrous day, made possible by some terrible management.

Still love the guy, but that's just not good enough by any stretch today. 

Totally agree. He’s set them up to fail today with that line up. What did he think we were gonna do? Outplay them at home. We should have parked the bus today and frustrated them but we just went gung ho and left them space galore to enjoy themselves. Poor from DR today I’m sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1