Man of the match & Ratings - Charlton (H)

Man of the match   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Stockdale
    • Hunt
    • Johnson
    • Heneghan
    • Ihiekwe
    • Palmer
    • Vaulks
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Windass
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Byers
    • James
    • Gregory
    • Bakinson
    • Sow

Gregory / Byers - tossed a coin and Greg’s won - they both changed the game.

Will come back later with full player ratings as need to think some more being that all are very low scores which doesn’t seem fair after win.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Voted Sow because I think he should stay. We looked way more balanced with Gregory and Sow up front with Windass behind them. 
But Byers and Palmer were probably the standout players. 

We really did,  Sow I don’t think is finished here , far from it 

I think his goal in the cup, and cameo today are real positives for the lad,  he has something to offer and I agree he balances that front two ..  unlucky not to score again aswell today I thought 

2 hours ago, steelerian said:

I went for Gregory. I wasn't sure if it was him or Byers who changed the game more. To be fair all 4 subs (not including James in this) all had a big influence.

What's happened to Bannan

He looks dire in every game..?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nethertonowl said:

Hennigan , for me, seemed to win every header against I guy we have struggled to deal with before. Byers changed  the game in our favour, but without Hennigan we would have already been out of it. Mentions for Palmer and Windass  

You've got to be joking

• Like 3

Stockdale 7 Tidy and played the ball out well. 

ihekewe 7

Heneghen 6 Poor first half, sloppy in possession but much better second half

Palmer 7.5 Solid again

Hunt 5

Bannan 5

Fiz 5

Vaulks 5

Johnson 5

Windass 7.5 as above 

Patterson 5

Bakinson 7

Byers 7

James 6

Sow 6

• Like 1

Without the game appearing particularly flowery, Charlton never got behind us or upset us. We came on stronger from 60 minutes and they wilted a little. I think we got our ultimate rewards.

Stockdale                                                                   7

Palmer                                                                        8 mom

Henegan                                                                     7

Ekwe                                                                           7

Johnson                                                                       7

FDB                                                                               6

Bannan                                                                         7

Vaulks                                                                           6

Hunt                                                                               7

Paterson                                                                        6

Windass                                                                         7     Windass & Blenkinsop share Bums off seat moment !

Gregory                                                                           7

Byers                                                                               7

Bakinson                                                                         7     Windass & Blenkinsop share Bums off seat moment !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

We really did,  Sow I don’t think is finished here , far from it 

I think his goal in the cup, and cameo today are real positives for the lad,  he has something to offer and I agree he balances that front two ..  unlucky not to score again aswell today I thought 

I'd much rather have Sow than Patterson up front. I know Patterson works hard and knocks people around but he's just not a striker.  Sow seems to be a bit lightweight but he does find space and gets in good positions.

Unless we come up with a great loan player I'd hang on to Sow.

• Like 2

The subs made all of the difference. Byers immediately got a grip of midfield and Gregory gave us a focal point up top.

That's 2 games we have won that we probably would have lost last season.

Stockdale.  6.5

Ihiekwe.  6.5

Heneghan.   6

Palmer.  7.5.     MoM

Hunt.  5

Fizz.  5

Vaulks.  5

Bannan.  5

Johnson.  5

Paterson.  4.5

Windass.  6.5

Byers.  7

Bakinson.  7

Gregory.  7

Stockdale      7 did ok not overly tested                                                           

Palmer             8 stopped us conceding, when moved wide got 2 really decent crosses in worked very hard all game                                                     

Henegan            7 Bit of worry when hes trying to be bobby moore, otherwise hes solid                                                          

Ekwe                    7 thought he played well and passed it ok too                                                       

Johnson             6 its just not happening for him at the moment                                                          

FDB                      6 never really got into his stride                                                        

Bannan                6 we struggled across MF today, Baz is another thats yet to ignite                                                     

Vaulks                  6 same as above                                                         

Hunt                     5  never got a sniff today                                                         

Paterson              6 we didnt give him much to work with he looked very isolated                                                        

Windass               7 assist but like patterson was starved of service                                                        

1 hour ago, Bleeder said:

Kinell. I thought Henegan was scary 😬

And the games only judged on now comfortable you are playing out from the back is it?, So you never came on here last season , when the site was in meltdown after conceding goals from set pieces in the air. Check out Charltons board, its full of comments about Stockley being dominated in the air and winning  f--  all.

• Like 1