Moore

Guest HalloweenJack

Guest HalloweenJack

Just joined this forum. What’s with the dislike of Moore on here? Have I missed something.

Yes we had the highest wage bill in league 1 last year and should have ultimately done better, but we had in the first half an unreal injury crisis. Windass barely played. Luongo was out for a while. We had the best record in league 1 from January, created chances and scored loads of goals. We even have the best home record in the EFL. 

It is a shame we didn't see that attacking football in the playoffs, but Moore deserves a chance from us this season. I am expecting automatic promotion. 

WAWAW

1 hour ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Some on here like him, some don't. I think that majority on here do, myself included. 

My take is that he's still quite a young manager with things to learn, especially tactically. He's occasionally flummoxed a lot of us on here with chopping and changing the teams a lot and making odd substitution choices.

In terms of his performance last year, he had a lot to deal with injury wise. Given that, I think we had a good season in the end. 

He does seem to have a way with the players and they genuinely look like they enjoy playing for him. He's recruitmed well, he's retained players who should well have gone and he's sorted a lot of problems in this respect. 

I'm happy he's here and proud to call him our gaffer. I think he's good for the club and will get us promoted this season. 

Can't argue with that bud, Ill add the old shoe horn to that one as well . 

Like when we had that defensive crisis last year. The lad Brennan had looked capable in the cup games and on the few occasions he played in the championship,but instead of giving the lad a chance DM decided to stick Palmer and Johnson in instead . There's also when we decided to sign wingers then play them as wingbacks.

Though in fairness he did realise hunt & Johnson were perfect for the role ,just could have been a bit earlier.

• Like 1

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Can't argue with that bud, I'm of a similar impression of Moore .Ill add the old shoe horn to that one as well . 

Like when we had that defensive crisis last year. The lad Brennan had looked capable in the cup games and on the few occasions he played in the championship,but instead of giving the lad a chance DM decided to stick Palmer and Johnson in instead . There's also when we decided to sign wingers then play them as wingbacks.

Though in fairness he did realise hunt & Johnson were perfect for the role ,just could have been a bit earlier.

2 hours ago, HalloweenJack said:

I am expecting automatic promotion. 

That's it in a nutshell.  I think we all are

There are comparisons to be made between this and Carlos' second season

Their first seasons ended with disappointment in the playoffs (although Carlos' side perhaps over-achieved in getting there)

This time around, nothing less than promotion will do

Fingers crossed because I REALLY want DM to succeed,  but the pressure is definitely on   :mellow:

• Like 1

Welcome Jack. Always great to have new  views.

Your first post comes across as level-headed and fair - you’ll have to lose that and replace it with irrational doom and gloom ASAP.

My view of Moore…

Awful first season. Should have made a far better fist of keeping us up. Many inexplicable selections, especially after precious wins. Very poor.

Last season he was much better. Yes we started poorly but he sorted that after 12-15 games and we were outstanding. 

This season’s acquisitions give me great hope. He seems to have settled onto this highly effective 352 and the guys hes brought in fit it to a tee. We haven’t yet seen his full intentions because he hasn’t been able to field his marquee-signing, Smith. He’s got to be a certain starter week in week out so we’ll only know then what our team really looks like.

Hope he doesn’t tinker. 

I realise there are no marquee-signings in L1. Smith is our cheap tent signing from the bizarre middle-aisle in LIDL.

27 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I think there is a contingent amongst us who never wanted him in the first place and who tediously pounce on every sub-par performance and dropped point as validation of their view. Anything that doesn't go well is placed squarely on his shoulders while any success is dismissed as accidental or attributed to good luck. However well we do, we should have done better apparently....... There were people who actually wanted him sacked even if we got promoted last season.

Of course it's perfectly acceptable to query the managers team selections and tactics, but the sheer predictability of the people who only appear to snipe at the manager and the nature of their complaints is tiresome IMO.

Of course Darren Moore has to perform. The question has to be over what time frame. Given the mess we were in at the end of the 20/21 season I think at least two complete seasons is reasonable. Undoubtedly this is a big season for him. Last seasons promotion campaign has raised expectations and he needs to demonstrate that he can, at the very least, do the same again. But we lost some important players in the summer and their replacements will take time to settle in, so how about cutting Darren Moore some slack?

Give over with being sensible.  Well articulated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, markowl said:

Was that the first season where he was seriously ill with pneumonia, covid and blood clots on his lungs?

Plus, picking up the squad up after the car crash of Pulis must have been so difficult.

Blaming him for our relegation, after the 2 previous managers' shocking attempts baffles me.

It'll be because he didn't play Jordan Rhodes enough.

• Like 1