Moore

Guest HalloweenJack

22 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Hang on 

If we get 85 points again but don't go up again

Are we being told it's a successful season?

We'd need to see the context in which that happened, wouldn't we?

If two clubs recruit brilliantly, storm the league, and finish with 100 points each, there's not a great deal we can do about that, is there?

It wouldn't be successful, but it would be understandable.

25 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Im sorry but it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny that we were in disarray and ‘massively unstable’ 

There are differences of opinion and there are just plain facts

You might not think the club was in disarray at the start of last season

But that would make you clearly, plainly and definitively wrong

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Your patience is irrelevant

Chansiri wont' sack him because you feel your patience has run out

Of course not.

But like any other supporter of the club I'm allowed an opinion on the manager, and I'm allowed to change that opinion.

Right now I think he's doing a good job and deserves credit for the turnaround last season. But sooner or later he needs to get us promoted.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Of course not.

But like any other supporter of the club I'm allowed an opinion on the manager, and I'm allowed to change that opinion.

Right now I think he's doing a good job and deserves credit for the turnaround last season. But sooner or later he needs to get us promoted.

Of course

I do think that those moaning and crying about Moore think that people who aren't are ok if we don't get promoted or that we don't want to get promoted but the opposite is true

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That doesn't look like a promotion team to me, even assuming most of them were fit.

Look, if you think we went into last season in great shape as a club, then fair enough.

I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

The only 2 that weren't in the squad for the playoffs from that were Cam Dawson, who was busy getting promoted elsewhere and Dom Iorfa.

So they can't have been that bad.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That doesn't look like a promotion team to me, even assuming most of them were fit.

Look, if you think we went into last season in great shape as a club, then fair enough.

I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

It’s worrying if it’s not a team that can challenge as 7 of them are still here this season.

And I was just making the point that the turnover wasn’t that high. It’s not supposed to be a promotion winning side as we also made about 15 new signings on top of that. We had more than enough to win promotion but didn’t 

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

The only 2 that weren't in the squad for the playoffs from that were Cam Dawson, who was busy getting promoted elsewhere and Dom Iorfa.

So they can't have been that bad.

No, you're right - if that had been our team for most of the season, we'd have definitely got automatics.

🙄

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

It’s worrying if it’s not a team that can challenge as 7 of them are still here this season.

And I was just making the point that the turnover wasn’t that high. It’s not supposed to be a promotion winning side as we also made about 15 new signings on top of that. We had more than enough to win promotion but didn’t 

We'll agree to disagree.

For me, we didn't look like a promotion team until Luongo and Byers returned from injury and we signed Dean and Storey to lessen our defensive injury crisis.

Funnily enough, we showed promotion form from then on in.

• Like 1

Welcome to Owlstalk.

I’ve always supported DM and really want him to succeed.  He’s helped steady the ship after relegation and done a lot of good but like many I have reservations re tactics etc.

Unlike many, I take the view that what will be will be.  DM is under pressure to deliver and has to.  If he doesn’t the he won’t be here next season unless there are exceptional circumstances like horrendous injuries.

My mindset this season is to sit back and try and enjoy the ride and keep a level keel.  There will be highs and lows along the way and just let the season play out!  Philosophical rant over!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marro said:

Welcome to Owlstalk.

I’ve always supported DM and really want him to succeed.  He’s helped steady the ship after relegation and done a lot of good but like many I have reservations re tactics etc.

Unlike many, I take the view that what will be will be.  DM is under pressure to deliver and has to.  If he doesn’t the he won’t be here next season unless there are exceptional circumstances like horrendous injuries.

My mindset this season is to sit back and try and enjoy the ride and keep a level keel.  There will be highs and lows along the way and just let the season play out!  Philosophical rant over!

100% agree.

36 minutes ago, Marro said:

Welcome to Owlstalk.

Thats the right approach 👍👍

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The second half of last season was pure thrilling entertainment - as it should be

Some of us absolutely LOVED it - with goals, attacking football and new heroes on the pitch

Some of you spent the whole second half of last season crying, stamping feet, complaining, moaning, whingeing and not enjoying the ride

I choose positive outlook, hope and entertainment 

Every time.

Its your website mate,do you want a Forum where people debate  & xchange views? or one That just reflects your own? Just an echo chamber?Not everyone agree's with your summary of last Season(well actually (half a season..)

There was nothing thrilling about seeing Rotherham do (again) what we couldnt,or see WW reach a Final,a side who not so long ago were playing their football in the 4th Div.

Nor could we overcome Sunderland.....

Theres no need whatsoever to label peoples views as you have........

I like the variety of views & though i dont always agree with many such as Jim,i always value his perspective..........

Majority of critique i see on here i feel is a valid opinion,often supported by a debate

We really ARE all Wednesday.........and always will be  AIRBORNE

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 1