Moore

Guest HalloweenJack

13 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Because he came in when there were 14 games to go (so more like a third of the season), and come the end of the season it turns out that 16 points from those 14 games would have been enough to stay up. Or only 15 points from 14 games had we beaten Derby. 

If you said to a new manager right you’ve got 14 games and we need 16 points to survive can you do it.. most would say yeah that’s possible. It was a failure to not achieve that.

Obviously at the time of appointment we looked more dead and buried than that but that was before both Rotherham and Derby imploded. A competent manager would have got enough points from those games to stay up.

He was in hospital and isolating for at least 4, possibly 5 of those games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markowl said:

He was in hospital and isolating for at least 4, possibly 5 of those games.

I did mention in my other post that that was a mitigating factor, but the world doesn’t stop because the boss is ill. In a company if the most senior leader is incapacitated then the people below run it using the same philosophy and shared principles until he comes back.

Its no different to that. Yes it wasn’t ideal, but it didn’t make those games just a free hit. We played his formation, tactics and team selections in them so he bears some responsibility for the results his understudies achieved with them.

5 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Are you forgetting the bit where we weren’t paying the players wages and most of the squad was either on loan or out of contract so didn’t give a t@ss whether we stayed up or not . Only one man to blame for relegation it ain’t Moore 

Yeah Chansiri was majorly at fault. But break it down, he needed 16 points from 14 games with that squad. Could it have been done? Definitely. Plenty of managers could have created that siege mentality and achieved that despite all the off the field issues.

This thread sums up the fan bases’ attitude to Moore. I believe in him. Many don’t. I to a certain extent can’t disagree with some of the for want of a better description negative posts on Moore. It’s all relative TBH.

What many don’t realise is, is we’re a basket case of a club. That’s a reason you’re Lukuhay’s, Monk’s, Pulis’ have struggled. Even a manager who could’ve coped in Bruce bailed at the first opportunity.

Moore is calm and competent. He can communicate with the Chairman, this gives him a chance when it comes to doing a successful job here.

We sack Moore there is a 99% chance we’ll appoint someone who won’t last 2 minutes because they don’t have the personality to cope with the out of the ordinary issues they would face here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Yeah Chansiri was majorly at fault. But break it down, he needed 16 points from 14 games with that squad. Could it have been done? Definitely. Plenty of managers could have created that siege mentality and achieved that despite all the off the field issues.

To a certain extent I agree and I was disappointed we couldn’t get the result against  Derby but some of the performances in that season the players clearly Weren’t trying. To hold Moore to blame for relegation is harsh. 

13 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I did mention in my other post that that was a mitigating factor, but the world doesn’t stop because the boss is ill. In a company if the most senior leader is incapacitated then the people below run it using the same philosophy and shared principles until he comes back.

Its no different to that. Yes it wasn’t ideal, but it didn’t make those games just a free hit. We played his formation, tactics and team selections in them so he bears some responsibility for the results his understudies achieved with them.

I feel that some people think a new manager comes in, tells players how to play, and when results don't change, then that's automatically the manager's fault.

There were hundreds of different reasons why we got relegated and a small fraction of those reasons can be put at Darren Moore's door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, markowl said:

I feel that some people think a new manager comes in, tells players how to play, and when results don't change, then that's automatically the manager's fault.

There were hundreds of different reasons why we got relegated and a small fraction of those reasons can be put at Darren Moore's door.

The manager does make a massive difference though, you can see it amongst all the successful clubs. Its rare they do well with a poor manager running it.

This is a thread about Darren Moore so he’s getting critiqued on his record, of which the relegation forms a part of it.

If it was a thread about Chansiri he’d be getting criticism for 2020-21 as well as he made so many mistakes. Or Monk/Pulis threads the same. 

When we aren’t meeting expectations on the field then people come in for stick. The relegation itself wasn’t Moore’s fault but he could have done better and someone else could have kept us up.

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

The manager does make a massive difference though, you can see it amongst all the successful clubs. Its rare they do well with a poor manager running it.

This is a thread about Darren Moore so he’s getting critiqued on his record, of which the relegation forms a part of it.

If it was a thread about Chansiri he’d be getting criticism for 2020-21 as well as he made so many mistakes. Or Monk/Pulis threads the same. 

When we aren’t meeting expectations on the field then people come in for stick. The relegation itself wasn’t Moore’s fault but he could have done better and someone else could have kept us up.

Who?

The problem we've always had is our passionate and loyal fan base. It's our biggest asset (when things are going well) and our worst nightmare when its not. We're always two wins away from the champions league and world domination and two defeats away from the collapse of society and the end of the world as we know it.

Comes with the territory and I wouldn't change this roller coaster ride for anything.

The only thing you can truly count on being a Wednesday fan is that we win when you expect us to lose and lose when you expect us to win and there's never a dull moment in-between.  

• Like 1

I neither like or dislike Moore because I've never met him but liking the manager has never been important to me. The bottom line for me is that I just don't think he's a very good football manager and has failed everywhere he's managed.

What I would say is that I feel battle lines are now drawn re Moore for a lot of people so some will never praise him just like others will never criticise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SDS Owl said:

I neither like or dislike Moore because I've never met him but liking the manager has never been important to me. The bottom line for me is that I just don't think he's a very good football manager and has failed everywhere he's managed.

What I would say is that I feel battle lines are now drawn re Moore for a lot of people so some will never praise him just like others will never criticise.

He's only had three jobs. 

West Brom sacked him when they were in the play offs. 

He left Doncaster. 

How does that equate to failing everywhere he's managed?

Note the comment on battle lines. looks like you're very much in the never praise camp. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, markowl said:

Who?

Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Moyes, Howe, Potter, Cooper, Gerrard just off the top of my head all came in and made an immediate impact at their clubs. It’s obvious the manager makes a massive difference 

It's why we should all back Boris and the Tories.  Can't blame them when the Top Man was on oxygen, they had a few crisis where ministers went AWOL and bed ridden,and he took over after previous manager was a bit batty with little success.

Back Boris all the way!

4 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Moyes, Howe, Potter, Cooper, Gerrard just off the top of my head all came in and made an immediate impact at their clubs. It’s obvious the manager makes a massive difference 

Sorry I thought you were being serious.

lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

The trouble with far too many of our lot is that anything less than promotion is equivalent to failure.

He has managed two clubs before us. Both those clubs were in play-off positions when he left them.

In his first full season with us, we finished in a play-off position. This despite DM inheriting an absolute car crash of a club.

Failure, though........ 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

The trouble with far too many of our lot is that anything less than promotion is equivalent to failure.

He has managed two clubs before us. Both those clubs were in play-off positions when he left them.

In his first full season with us, we finished in a play-off position. This despite DM inheriting an absolute car crash of a club.

Failure, though........ 

I don’t get this car crash point when it comes to last season. Wigan and Rotherham went up automatically and we had better/deeper squads than they did

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's only had three jobs. 

West Brom sacked him when they were in the play offs. 

He left Doncaster. 

How does that equate to failing everywhere he's managed?

Note the comment on battle lines. looks like you're very much in the never praise camp. 

Relegated at West Brom and they had no confidence they were going to go back up under him so got rid although he seemed to come out of that without any blame. 

Failed to achieve anything at Donny who were going backwards when we stepped in. 

Arguably had enough time to save us but, again, came out of that without any blame then failed last season with a clean slate (in relation to a player clear-out)  and the highest budget in the division by some considerable margin.  

Even his biggest fan must surly accept his CV is lacking any sort of success. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Failure, though........ 

The aim was promotion....we didn't get promoted so we failed. 

I would argue the 'trouble' with far too many of our fans is they are happy with failure and make excuses for it.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

i always come back to the final game decider against derby. 
moore stood there like he was waiting for a bus with his arms folded. 
Could be one of the reasons we don’t turn up in these one off big games.