Moore

Guest HalloweenJack

11 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I don’t get this car crash point when it comes to last season. 

Sorry, but if you cant see a points deduction, 4 different managers, players not getting paid, players running down their contracts, transfer embargo and relegation as anything other than a car crash then no one is ever going to persuade you otherwise.

I realise that some of our lot regard that as a minor detail, a historical footnote with a line swiftly drawn under the whole business, but others, myself included, think that we were set back years by the whole debacle.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I don’t get this car crash point when it comes to last season. Wigan and Rotherham went up automatically and we had better/deeper squads than they did

Just as well we did as Wigan and Rotherham didn’t see their squads completely ravaged by injury, did they?

• Like 1

Just now, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Sorry, but if you cant see a points deduction, 4 different managers, players not getting paid, players running down their contracts, transfer embargo and relegation as anything other than a car crash then no one is ever going to persuade you otherwise.

I realise that some of our lot regard that as a minor detail, a historical footnote with a line swiftly drawn under the whole business, but others, myself included, think that we were set back years by the whole debacle.

We’re still a car crash now mate but Moore is keeping the car still in the road the best he can but the driving test examiners on here still can’t see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

You know that was his first game back after hospitalisation?

Was it his fault we conceded a late penalty?

Since he is more directly responsible than anybody else, then yes it is his fault.

That's why managers get fired and players don't

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I’m in the ‘hope it works out well for us under Moore camp’. 

He’s attracted some good players to the club, although I don’t suppose we are a hard sell in L1. Any player seeing the size of our away support on Saturday would surely fancy that. 

Question marks are tactical reactivity and for me, I like to see a bit more passion and animation in the technical area. Oh and his media presentation isn’t great. 

He is however a likeable, decent guy and I imagine the players actually like playing for him, which is a big plus. Imagine having to play for Pulis week in week out. 

The pressure is definitely on him now though. He has been well supported by Chansiri and promotion is an absolute must this season. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That was 2020/21 not 2021/22 though

1 hour ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I am not a fan of Moore. There were too many factors invilved to blame any one person for our relagation. However given the resources at his disposal kast season we should have gained promotion. My main concern regarding our manager is his inconsistancy, both in his team selection and his game management. his prefered style of play before he came to us was a variation on a 442. With the players at his disposal when he first joined us he opted for a very defensive 5 at the back, his wing backs were basically defenders.

his game management is defensive we lost a lot of matches after going in front. Iast season he had a full pre season to plan his style of play and recruitment strategy, he bought too many players who were not good enough, and he carried on with his 5 at the back.

Whilst I don't blame him for continuing with his formation, he makes it a defensive  352 rather than an attacking 352.

He may well get us promoted this season, but I doubt that we will walk the league. Most people would be happy with 4 points from our first 2 games, but ther weren't 4 good point. We threw the first game away from a good start. the MKD was dire. I couldn't identify any game plan, it looked like he picked 11 players, and said go and have a game lads. there was no cohesion, it looked as if they had never played togther before. I really hope that I am wrong and DM gets us promoted.

I’d tend to agree

I don’t dislike Moore. He comes across as a great bloke and obviously I’d love it if he did well here

I just find him incredibly frustrating and I don’t have any faith in him to take us back up automatically 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Yes, but you missed the point I was making which was that (despite what some believe) the debacle of 2020/21 didn't just stop and disappear at the end of the season. We're still living with the hangover today.

What hangover do we have then? We’ve got no more points deductions looming or transfer restrictions. And the chairman seems to have found his wallet whereas in 2020-21 he didn’t back the managers 

The only hangover I can see is that we’re in league 1, but in terms of moving forward there’s nothing stopping a manager getting us promoted, he’s got all the tools he needs 

2 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I’m not impressed by him but it’s nothing personal. 

When he was appointed I was neither happy or disappointed, just wanted to see how he could do. Wasn’t impressed by how we finished the championship season as Rotherham/Derby lost about 6 on the bounce so survival was there for the taking. He also bottled a must win against Derby where we could have stayed up. Against that there’s the mitigating circumstances of him having covid but his staff were still implementing his ideas and he still had input. Anyway, despite that was prepared to give him a go last season still.

Wasn’t happy with how we started last season, first half of the season was really poor with the players he had at his disposal. Improved in the second half but the first half cost us automatic promotion which was the objective at the start of the season (players were all saying the target was to win the league back in august). Anyway, got another shot in the play offs and bottled that as well.

So his record reads: relegated, then failed to go up with the largest budget in the league. It’s not great.

I just think there are better managers out there. I feel a general apathy towards where we are as a club, want to see us back in the PL or at least compete for it, and we feel a long way off being a top half championship club which is my minimum expectation. My problem with Moore is that I expect him to blow hot and cold but not get the job done. He shows enough to keep the eternal optimists onside but ultimately I’d be surprised if he actually got us promoted.

If we don’t get promoted then my minimum expectations of top half championship just keep getting further and further away. That’s why I feel unwilling to accept anything less than promotion all the time in this league. You can see from a lot of the other posts though that people are happy as long as we score a few against no mark teams even if we’re just treading water in league 1. Wish I could be satisfied with that it would make things a lot easier.

Pretty much my sentiments

Guest Jack the Hat
17 minutes ago, Manwë said:

You can't expect Moore or anyone to get promoted at the first time of asking.  Simply impossible.

Why is it impossible to get promoted from league 1 with the highest budget?

11 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Why is it impossible to get promoted from league 1 with the highest budget?

Because we may have had the highest budget, the best players, a full summer of team building and gelling, but no-one else suffered from BREXIT like we did.

Name one team that's come down from the Championship and gone and got promoted straight away!  Simply an impossible task. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It was only six points deducted

The players that season were pathetic

So was the chairman and the three manager's we had....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Because we may have had the highest budget, the best players, a full summer of team building and gelling, but no-one else suffered from BREXIT like we did.

Name one team that's come down from the Championship and gone and got promoted straight away!  Simply an impossible task. 

Here’s TWI.   Rotherham🤔Barnsley?wasn’t that hard was it?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, parajack said:

So to sum up anyones post you disagree with or whose opinion differs from your own would fall into that category? Pathetic

No not at all pal...

Just saying people are very quick to moan about owt win,lose or draw.......And its all DM's fault apparently even tho he hasnt got his boots on...now that's pathetic pal just like your trolling.....Grow up you do it to every1...

UTO