Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

19 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Do you really believe that somebody, who lost his job and livelihood has nothing better to do than suing his club?  I don't think so.

After getting back on his feet his second action is to go to the press and get this article published without giving the club the opportunity to give their point of view.

Sorry.. as I said.. he was entitled to go to court, but don't pull the pity number on this one! The guy knows exactly, what he is doing and it was not out of economical necessity!

Even if the bloke is not in financially difficulties he still should have got his refund within a reasonable time.
I wasn't worried about having my gas cut off and knew where my next meal was coming from but still wanted my money back.
If that makes others people feel they are better fans than me I will leave them to it.

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Do you really believe that somebody, who lost his job and livelihood has nothing better to do than suing his club?  I don't think so.

After getting back on his feet his second action is to go to the press and get this article published without giving the club the opportunity to give their point of view.

Sorry.. as I said.. he was entitled to go to court, but don't pull the pity number on this one! The guy knows exactly, what he is doing and it was not out of economical necessity!

Didn’t read the article did you. Just leaped to the defence of you’re beloved club. 

No one wins, it’s petulant and unnecessary. 

169DAD2F-E474-4AC9-BB17-AA4C8CD071FC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneManBand said:

He's presuming banned, but doesn't know.

Thats the point ive been trying to make all the way through this thread 

At no point in the article does it say hes banned,

He tried to buy a season ticket on a day when other people have stated on here they had issues buying them, and has come to the conclusion that it is because he took the club to court and decided to go to the press with it as there has been no communication from the club about why he couldnt get the ticket on the day (Very Poor from the ticket office)

All I'm trying to say is before we dive in on DC and the club or equally try to defend the club lets try and establish the facts of the matter first 

Has he been banned ? 

Has anyone else who took the club to court been denied a ticket ?

Did the unlucky fan happen to attempt to buy on a day when others also had issues ?

Has he jumped to conclusions on the reasons behind it ?

we've not got any answers to the above but because a journalist has reported it and credit to the journalist he never used the word banned that was the OP, we automatically assume the club of being guilty 

Lets wait to hear from the club and DC and if they come out and say it was an IT issue and others had the same issue then i will take their word for it, but there needs to be a investigation into the historically poor communication from the ticket office and club in general 

If it turns out that the club have indeed banned the fan and all other fans that took them to court for their money then like i previously stated in my opinion its an absolute disgrace and the club deserve every criticism coming to them 

Also this was a thread about a fan being banned its now descended like all other threads like this into an argument about the rights and wrongs of taking the club to court 

5 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Thats the point ive been trying to make all the way through this thread 

At no point in the article does it say hes banned,

He tried to buy a season ticket on a day when other people have stated on here they had issues buying them, and has come to the conclusion that it is because he took the club to court and decided to go to the press with it as there has been no communication from the club about why he couldnt get the ticket on the day (Very Poor from the ticket office)

All I'm trying to say is before we dive in on DC and the club or equally try to defend the club lets try and establish the facts of the matter first 

Has he been banned ? 

Has anyone else who took the club to court been denied a ticket ?

Did the unlucky fan happen to attempt to buy on a day when others also had issues ?

Has he jumped to conclusions on the reasons behind it ?

we've not got any answers to the above but because a journalist has reported it and credit to the journalist he never used the word banned that was the OP, we automatically assume the club of being guilty 

Lets wait to hear from the club and DC and if they come out and say it was an IT issue and others had the same issue then i will take their word for it, but there needs to be a investigation into the historically poor communication from the ticket office and club in general 

If it turns out that the club have indeed banned the fan and all other fans that took them to court for their money then like i previously stated in my opinion its an absolute disgrace and the club deserve every criticism coming to them 

Also this was a thread about a fan being banned its now descended like all other threads like this into an argument about the rights and wrongs of taking the club to court 

Can I just make the point again that before publishing any story about SWFC like this, the Sheffield Star speaks to the club 

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just when you think things are improving

Absolutely shooting themselves in the foot on the PR front AGAIN totally unnecessarily

Could have just sold him a season ticket, won a fan back over and avoided bad press

Nope

Had to have another spat with the fans

At a time when the club is asking for sponsors to cough up again too

Bang on.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can I just make the point again that before publishing any story the Sheffield Star speaks to the club 

fair point but also like I said at no point in the article does it say he's banned 

1 minute ago, Rodger Wylde said:

@PARKOWL

Heres another question. 

Would you be surprised if he was denied a season ticket for going to court to get a refund?

fair question 

To be honest at the start of the pandemic id have said it wouldnt have surprised me at all,

but with all the off field improvements in the last 12 months Kits,marketing,prices, social media etc brought in by MR Dooley and the obvious step in to the back ground by DC I would be surprised now 

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

To be honest I don't agree with taking the club to civil court over the unpaid refund, think a little bit of understanding was needed there, if this is your club, then you must know that the chairman has been propping us up for quite some time and the Covid losses would have been staggering (and despite that didn't he pay full salaries of club staff instead of taking the cheap option and putting them on furlough?). That aside though, not letting the guy buy a new season ticket is absolutely ridiculous, scandalous, shameful decision. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face here.

This is my club, but i did not choose this owner, nor did i choose the way he treats fans, with such contempt. 

Unfortunately, having spent a few hours in the company of DC, i absolutely expected this from him. The man is poison. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Even if the bloke is not in financially difficulties he still should have got his refund within a reasonable time.
I wasn't worried about having my gas cut off and knew where my next meal was coming from but still wanted my money back.
If that makes others people feel they are better fans than me I will leave them to it.

I don't say that the club's actions were right.

I also agree that the bloke can sue the club, if he want.

I just say it's wrong to pull the pity number here!  

• Like 1

Just now, GermanBird said:

I don't say that the club's actions were right.

I also agree that the bloke can sue the club, if he want.

I just say it's wrong to pull the pity number here!  

Why not?

The club failed to pay him a couple hundred quid he was entitled to after a year and stopped responding to him. He’s now, possibly, unable to get a season ticket through no fault of his own because he exercised his right to force them to give him the money he was owed. 

The club are entirely in the wrong.

The club owes me 400 something quid and told me a year ago I’d get it. The communication since has been horrendous. A fan shouldn’t have to even thinking of risking a ban in order to get what they’re owed, regardless of their personal or financial circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Didn’t read the article did you. Just leaped to the defence of you’re beloved club. 

No one wins, it’s petulant and unnecessary. 

I fully agree with you . It's petulant and unnecessary.

And I did not defend the club, but I also can't glorify or pity anybody, who is suing the club and starting a press campaign against it.

As I said.. I would struggle myself to forgive anybody, who would take legal actions against me. Looks like many of you are more forgiving, which is a good character trait. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Why not?

The club failed to pay him a couple hundred quid he was entitled to after a year and stopped responding to him. He’s now, possibly, unable to get a season ticket through no fault of his own because he exercised his right to force them to give him the money he was owed. 

The club are entirely in the wrong.

The club owes me 400 something quid and told me a year ago I’d get it. The communication since has been horrendous. A fan shouldn’t have to even thinking of risking a ban in order to get what they’re owed, regardless of their personal or financial circumstances.

I was replying to somebody who tried to paint a picture, how poor the guy might have been.

Please read the full chat to get my point.

Just now, GermanBird said:

I was replying to somebody who tried to paint a picture, how poor the guy might have been.

Please read the full chat to get my point.

And he might have been skint? We have no idea. And I don’t think it particularly matters. I don’t think he’s gone to the press to gain pity or sympathy. More-so that he was unable to buy a season ticket and the club couldn’t explain why to him and sometimes going to the press, unfortunately,  forces people into action

But like I’ve said previously. You don’t need to be financially well off at all to go down the legal route. Small claims court, no win no fee etc. Plenty of options. 

6 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I fully agree with you . It's petulant and unnecessary.

And I did not defend the club, but I also can't glorify or pity anybody, who is suing the club and starting a press campaign against it.

As I said.. I would struggle myself to forgive anybody, who would take legal actions against me. Looks like many of you are more forgiving, which is a good character trait. 

Your 1st paragraph and 2nd kind of contradicts itself. You agree with my point but would struggle to forgive someone who took legal action?

Maybe I see it through the other perspective in that the club should be relived then he still wishes to do business with the club. Stories like this don’t help anyone. 

I stopped going after 39 consecutive years of being a season ticket holder, and never missing an home game in all that time. Mainly because of how long our refund took.

Until DC goes, I won't be going back.

I know - good riddance, you won't be missed, f off back to lane etc...  But there are many on here who know me and know how much the club means to me - but you have to make a stand somewhere - this is my stand.

• Like 4