Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

its not really opinion mate is it?

The club offered a refund, he took it up.

The club didn't add a caveat that taking the refund would debar fans from further ticket purchases, its simply plain wrong, underhand and petty

its morally wrong on all levels.. imagine taking something back to a shop for a refund cos it was broke to be told you cant ever buy from them again... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Of course the club are perfectly within their rights but that is a totally different thing to being the right thing to do.

The relationship between fans and club should be different to a simple commercial relationship.

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 2

Just now, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

It isn’t about taking the refund, thousands took that option, and the same thousands have been allowed to purchase season tickets again, it’s just the one person who took the club to court who hasn’t been allowed. 

Sure. But he took the club to court because they hadn’t paid the refund or communicated about it. Might not be what everyone would do but he did what he felt was right. 
DC is within his rights not to sell to him but it’s a petty ‘cutting your nose off to spite your face’ kind of revenge that only really makes DC look childish rather that a man of integrity. 
It’s not a good look. 

1 minute ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Who says I’m not annoyed at the club about how the handled it? I can just see it from their point of view- Wednesday didn’t have to offer a refund (a lot of other clubs didn’t), then when they did and explained the procedure would take time, they’re getting taken to court over something they outlined (the timeframe). I’d be annoyed too. 

Im sure if any company treat you like the way the club has treat the fans over the refund issue youd be up In arms about it - surely?

Owlstalk Shop

- I don't like the way the club handled the refunds

- I understand that some people would take the club to court for that

- It's sad that the club reacts like this

However - If it take legal action against anybody, I do not expect to ever do business with them. 

Usually as soon as you take somebody to court you accept that this will be the end of your relationship  (business or personal).

I am far to resentful to forgive anybody any legal action against me, but I would have hoped that the club or owner would be more professional or forgiving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, the golden bullen said:

Which they would have got eventually once cash flow issues were sorted.

Communication from the club was clear that it would take time to process. Yes they hid behind system issues which were clearly cash flow issues imo but we were all in it together as you said to help the club out at that difficult time.

Still not sure how the club had cash flow problems that prevented it from paying back supporters but still was giving out new lucrative contracts and signing up players on reported Championship wages?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

when they did and explained the procedure would take time, they’re getting taken to court over something they outlined (the timeframe). 

What was the timeframe they gave?

when did they announce that time frame?

were all refunds done to that time frame?

if not were those still waiting issued with updates and new timeframe?

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

not taking sides here, but from reading the article it seems that they haven't been told they're banned, they just said it wasn't possible to do the season ticket on the day they went for it 

are we absolutely certain that they are banned or is it just a case of poor communication from the club office again, something we've all encountered from time to time 

Does anybody else know of anyone who took the civil action thats tried to get a new season ticket ?

My mate tried to buy his son a season ticket on the last day online (june30th if memory serves me right) and couldnt process it so had to go in the shop and get it  

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

- I don't like the way the club handled the refunds

- I understand that some people would take the club to court for that

- It's sad that the club reacts like this

However - If it take legal action against anybody, I do not expect to ever do business with them. 

Usually as soon as you take somebody to court you accept that this will be the end of your relationship  (business or personal).

I am far to resentful to forgive anybody any legal action against me, but I would have hoped that the club or owner would be more professional or forgiving.

This is what I tried explaining earlier with the trading analogy. 

Guest mrbluesky
30 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Fair enough imo. 

27 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Private company, can deny business to who they see fit. 

22 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Absolutely not. Say it was two businesses trading and one took the other to court over an unpaid expense, do you think they’d carry on trading after or cut ties? As a business, swfc can cut ties with who they see fit. 

16 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Nothing anti-fellow fan about laughing at the suggestion they should get a free season ticket. People have cried about the financial state of the club for years now they’re wanting them to dish out free season tickets? 

9 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

It isn’t about taking the refund, thousands took that option, and the same thousands have been allowed to purchase season tickets again, it’s just the one person who took the club to court who hasn’t been allowed. 

5 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Who says I’m not annoyed at the club about how the handled it? I can just see it from their point of view- Wednesday didn’t have to offer a refund (a lot of other clubs didn’t), then when they did and explained the procedure would take time, they’re getting taken to court over something they outlined (the timeframe). I’d be annoyed too. 

Depends if I knew beforehand if it was going to be a slow drawn out process; like we did. 

Just now, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Course they are. They don’t have to offer an explanation or reason.

Hello, Dejphon.

Did that happen in this case? I remember seeing 2-3 different updates at the time from the club telling people they were still in the process of issuing rebates. 

Pretty sure the article states the guy emailed the club 7 times and every time he did he was ignored.

Would it really have been THAT difficult for the club to put together a set email response to reply to such requests for information?

It might have headed off an awful lot of this sillinesses.

• Like 1