Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Your 1st paragraph and 2nd kind of contradicts itself. You agree with my point but would struggle to forgive someone who took legal action?

Maybe I see it through the other perspective in that the club should be relived then he still wishes to do business with the club. Stories like this don’t help anyone. 

The way the club dealt with the refunds was wrong and illegal. Therefore I understand, if people sue the club!

I would never behave like the club and withhold peoples money, but unfortunately I am not forgiving, so I know, that I would not be able to forgive legal actions against me.

If I would feel the need to sue somebody, I would never want to do any business with them and also would not expect, that they would ever do business with me

Where is the contradiction?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A club is supposed to be everyone in it together

Clearly not in this case. DC has been behind the scenes slowly trying to get things right and something like this knocks him back a couple of rungs on the old ‘likeable chairman’ ladder.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I seem to remember the club issuing a statement about this at the time, where anyone could have a refund on a season ticket, but if they did the club would not sell them another again. I thought this was wrong at the time and I still do. It seems crazy and out and out wrong for everyone to most of us, but indicates a cultural difference between the owner and his customers, ie the fans 

Just now, GermanBird said:

The way the club dealt with the refunds was wrong and illegal. Therefore I understand, if people sue the club!

I would never behave like the club and withhold peoples money, but unfortunately I am not forgiving, so I know, that I would not be able to forgive legal actions against me.

If I would feel the need to sue somebody, I would never want to do any business with them and also would not expect, that they would ever do business with me

Where is the contradiction?

You’re saying it’s right he’s sued but had to settle for the consequences even though he’s in the right? 

Wednesday didn’t contest the charge. They are in the wrong, just be the bigger person, rather than attempting to alienate a supporter and just move on from the situation.

Refusing him another ticket for me is nothing more than petulance. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 0114 said:

You’re saying it’s right he’s sued but had to settle for the consequences even though he’s in the right? 

Wednesday didn’t contest the charge. They are in the wrong, just be the bigger person, rather than attempting to alienate a supporter and just move on from the situation.

Refusing him another ticket for me is nothing more than petulance. 

Yes, it's petulance.

Does he have to settle for the consequences for his actions? -  Yes, I think so.

That's just the way live is. People can't be forced to forgive you and people can't be force to do business with other people. Actions have consequences - like it or not.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

I wouldn't have taken action against the club just because I would assume it would get sorted eventually and I couldn't really be bothered anyway.

BUT he has every right to do so and the club were actually disgusting in the time taken to sort this out. This just stinks and puts the club in a very bad light.

I think that’s probably most fans… but I wonder if the dislike some fans (right IMO) have for DC himself is a factor… if we had a different owner that didn’t rub plenty of folk up the wrong way you wonder if it wouldn’t have come to this. ******** for tat and all that. 

29 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I stopped going after 39 consecutive years of being a season ticket holder, and never missing an home game in all that time. Mainly because of how long our refund took.

Until DC goes, I won't be going back.

I know - good riddance, you won't be missed, f off back to lane etc...  But there are many on here who know me and know how much the club means to me - but you have to make a stand somewhere - this is my stand.

This ties in with what I’m saying - DC has lost a lot of ‘affection’ from a lot of fans. 

Also, we still await comment from the club. 

However, does anyone remember when Jos was here I think - someone asked DC at a fans forum if they could have a ST refund part way through the season and it was suggested that they certainly could - but they wouldn’t be able to buy a new one in the future. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Yes, it's petulance.

Does he have to settle for the consequences for his actions? -  Yes, I think so.

That's just the way live is. People can't be forced to forgive you and people can't be force to do business with other people. Actions have consequences - like it or not.

That’s a pretty strange angle to take. 

Working class man in the right wins case, against multimillionaire owned football club holds petulant grudge. Weird, weird angle. That doesn’t hold the club in good stead. 

Farcical. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Yes, it's petulance.

But this isn’t friends falling out or even a regular business.

And this shows that DC just doesn’t get football 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just when you think things are improving

Absolutely shooting themselves in the foot on the PR front AGAIN totally unnecessarily

Could have just sold him a season ticket, won a fan back over and avoided bad press

Nope

Had to have another spat with the fans

At a time when the club is asking for sponsors to cough up again too

Sorry Neil - but Chansiri did not create covid  !! and the instructions and deadlines from the club were quite clear - myself, my family and all my friends simply followed the instructions by the date and had no issues with receiving ticket credit, shop credit or money back .. 

We also read many post on here from fans who followed up with the ticket office and they sorted it straight away...even ones who had raised small claims and even got the money back too !

So I will ask the question why does one so called fan ... contact the press the day before the season to complain about this and give the club bad press... looks like an attention seeker to me ?

As a serious fan for over 54 years I would never dream of doing this to my club ... had they taken the ticket credit like most of us it wouldn't have been an issue - I bought a 3+5 season ticket so ended up with credit ... what did I do with it ... purchased additional season tickets for family members like great nephew who normally couldn't afford to go - so its ok we have a new fan thanks to Chansiri credit to replace this one we lost!

Anway, whilst I can see both sides of the story I can see the business point of them being banned ... I wouldn't want to give people like chance to purchase my goods and then complain and affect my brand ... 

I actually think in the last 12 months that the club has been doing well on all fronts ... but here is one bad apple and you are sticking up for him without hearing both the sides of the story... come on get real !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I think that’s probably most fans… but I wonder if the dislike some fans (right IMO) have for DC himself is a factor… if we had a different owner that didn’t rub plenty of folk up the wrong way you wonder if it wouldn’t have come to this. ******** for tat and all that. 

This ties in with what I’m saying - DC has lost a lot of ‘affection’ from a lot of fans. 

The attendance tomorrow will show otherwise 

just for clarity at Page 10 and anyone doing what i normally do and jump through pages to the latest one 

at this moment in time 

Nobody has been confirmed by the club to have been banned over the issue 

No Journalist has reported anyone being banned over the issue

No Fan has come forward and said they are banned over the issue 

18 minutes ago, S25OWL said:

Sorry Neil - but Chansiri did not create covid  !! and the instructions and deadlines from the club were quite clear - myself, my family and all my friends simply followed the instructions by the date and had no issues with receiving ticket credit, shop credit or money back .. 

We also read many post on here from fans who followed up with the ticket office and they sorted it straight away...even ones who had raised small claims and even got the money back too !

So I will ask the question why does one so called fan ... contact the press the day before the season to complain about this and give the club bad press... looks like an attention seeker to me ?

As a serious fan for over 54 years I would never dream of doing this to my club ... had they taken the ticket credit like most of us it wouldn't have been an issue - I bought a 3+5 season ticket so ended up with credit ... what did I do with it ... purchased additional season tickets for family members like great nephew who normally couldn't afford to go - so its ok we have a new fan thanks to Chansiri credit to replace this one we lost!

Anway, whilst I can see both sides of the story I can see the business point of them being banned ... I wouldn't want to give people like chance to purchase my goods and then complain and affect my brand ... 

I actually think in the last 12 months that the club has been doing well on all fronts ... but here is one bad apple and you are sticking up for him without hearing both the sides of the story... come on get real !!

Whats a non serious fan?

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

just for clarity at Page 10 and anyone doing what i normally do and jump through pages to the latest one 

at this moment in time 

Nobody has been confirmed by the club to have been banned over the issue 

No Journalist has reported anyone being banned over the issue

No Fan has come forward and said they are banned over the issue 

Neil said fans were banned in his topic title so it must be true. If you disagree then you will get vilified by him, have your posts taken down and then banned from owlstalk. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Neil said fans were banned in his topic title so it must be true. If you disagree then you will get vilified by him, have your posts taken down and then banned from owlstalk. 

to be fair it was Tricky Trev that started the topic not Neil,

unless you are telling me Neil is Tricky Trev  which would be a bit to obvious given his great love for the man