Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

Why would a person want to purchase a season ticket after suing the club in order to get money back from previous season ticket?

He is fully entitled to his money back, which he has received. Wish there was a bit of communication on this from the club. Maybe he was abusive towards staff etc.

Plus I would urge people to only buy a season ticket if you can afford to lose it. Or do not mind taking a credit option. Prices on everything are going to sky rocket. Season tickets are very expensive, I have one a missed the early bird, but I probably will not be able to get one next season. I have only really got one in hope that I will be able to get tickets at grounds I have not been too before. 

I also have a question. Does anyone on here know whether is is cash only to buy Drink/Food in the fan zone?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hear you mate

BUT

The club has a communications director who's job it is to ensure clear communications come from the club at all times

It also has other management people responsible for communicating from their departments (like ticket office etc)

It has a website, twitter, emails, instagram and a mailing list to name just a few

I honestly think that (like you say) if the chairman had said it was going to take two years or even three years for you to get your refund then that would have stopped anyone getting upset, and would have even maybe convinced some fans to not even bother asking for one.

Thing is nobody has asked for anything extraordinary or out of normallity here - just open, clear, honest, regular communication (which shows a respect for the fans/customers and also is totally free to have/do/deliver)

Costs nothing - creates a 'club' atmosphere - avoids bad PR

Yeah I agree with all

points about how the club has handled it.

It is clear cut that it’s been done poorly.

I am just saying the actual argument made by some that the supporter definitely should be entitled to a timely refund isn’t quite as clear cut. At least not morally.

Guest Willow Owl
24 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Chansiri doesn’t know how to run a business, let alone a football club. He is just weeing the money his family gives him to stay away from their business up against the wall. 

Yet he refuses to engage knowledgable people with experience from football to run the club. It’s using the same logic as hiring a coach and players. It’s not like he lets Att pick the team. Probably.

Got to disagree, the last 18 months 2 years there’s been a complete reset at the club. 
Time to move on from things that happened 3/4 years ago

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Got to disagree, the last 18 months 2 years there’s been a complete reset at the club. 
Time to move on from things that happened 3/4 years ago

Just the odd hiccup really

The season tickets at Christmas time last year, and this PR disaster about once again banning fans of the club and turning away their money

Other than that the chairman has had it bang on by staying in the background and letting Liam Dooley and co crack on (and it's been a huge success)

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

It is also a bit bizarre the supporter insisted on a full refund then tried to buy a season ticket.

Why not just use the credit option offered by the Club?

Maybe there was timing issues and he really needed the money at the time and then later could afford the season ticket.

Peoples needs change

Wait till the energy bills kick in next January - there'll be a few fans who's needs will change dramatically 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t lie I think it’s a bit bizarre to try and re-purchase a season ticket after taking the club to court for a refund on one,  obviously the circumstances were a bit exceptional with covid etc but I think once you have decided to take that course of action it’s game over isn’t it ? Surely ?  

I don’t support the owners actions on this one though,  he should clarify the situation rapido tbh ,  if it’s his call they are not allowed to re-purchase come out and clarify it and own that decision please chairman 

Communication reference refunds has been totally bizarre, I’ve heard so many different stories , people been really happy with the service provided and then people

absolutely ignored and ended up in courts etc

Full explanation from the chairman required 

Why is it 'game over'?...who was at fault the Club(the ones not actioning a refund) or the supporter who may have invested thousands of pounds over decades? and why should they wait ?

Were the football players prepared to wait Months for their wages? didnt the PFA get involved at one point to intercede on their behalf? Were we told if it happened again we faced a points deduction?..

Really dont get why Forum members cant see THIS ..(not a dig at you mate personally,always enjoy reading your view,even if i dont agree)

WAWAW

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I wanted them to sign players more than I wanted the club to pay back the outstanding monies.   

What's £150 over promotion?

Get your priorities right.

We did achieve either and lost more fans in the process.

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Peoples needs change

Wait till the energy bills kick in next January - there'll be a few fans who's needs will change dramatically 

Personally dont understand why Forum members cant get their head around people having PRINCIPLES....Does anybody imagine that fans just rushed off to small claims(or where ever) to get THEIR (YES their money!!) back?....Some I believe felt the Club should have acted more promptly....(i wont speak for them,as they have articulated it themselves over time,& ime not one of them)

There is(or should be) a RELATIONSHIP between the Club,& its supporter/fan base.....We are NOT 'just' CUSTOMERS!!!  ffs...

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

A fan waits 18 months to get repaid money the club said they would pay back, then started using every excuse under the sun to delay paying.

they ignore his calls and emails and then he is left with no other alternative to go to the small claims court, the club dont contest it and the fans get paid.

in the meantime DC is spending millions on players for the club why the fans owed hundreds are being asked to wait.

if anyone is a cretin it the fool doing this to fans.

110%% bang on the money post,nailed it but the number of Forum members who cant/wont see it,is to me MIND NUMBING...

Been a Wednesday fan,for 60 Years,and have loved 'our' Club since i moved to Hillsborough as a young lad.

I will never stop loving my Club,but the last few Years have seen me become more & more reluctent to attend......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

It is also a bit bizarre the supporter insisted on a full refund then tried to buy a season ticket.

Why not just use the credit option offered by the Club?

Maybe there was timing issues and he really needed the money at the time and then later could afford the season ticket.

Presumably it was more of a case of 2 years to get a refund the club promised. Fans relationship with the club at an all time low and after years of promises and excuse no repayment even ignore all communication attempts.

DC steps back from the day to day running of the club Dooley comes in and basic things start to change for the better, the club in performing better and fans miss going to the match on a Saturday, something many have done all their life with their family and are friends with my people they sit with.

They decide to bite the bullet and give not the chairman their money but the club the love. 

but they are fans who love their club, DC just see them as customers and getting rid of a few that dont tow the line, is the way he does business. He does want fans with opinion, he wants who pay the prices and dont say anything no matter how badly treated they are.

Guest FoxOwl12
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

Mess fans about like that and they'll sue you

Its not as though they wern't going to get their money back was it. Get a grip.

Guest FoxOwl12
Just now, @owlstalk said:

you're right

It's the fans fault

It's always the fans fault

You're right

Don't be childish.

Just now, FoxOwl12 said:

Don't be childish.

No you misunderstand
I'm totally on your side here

Together we can blame fans for everything and really highlight the true issue about how bad our fanbase is and how they should be blamed for everything

I'm onboard your organised campaign of fanhating

Let's do this 👊🏻

Owlstalk Shop